British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

British U15 Championship 2009

Surely the crux of the matter is that they should be enough opportunites at this level for the riders that need them. Any rider who was already 15 on January 1, but still without a NL place, should be allowed to compete.

It's not that important who actually wins the championship (although I'm not belitting the achievement of those who have for one moment). It's far more about the experience picked up and how that can be used to help the rider with the progression of their career.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Very harsh words Malcolm. I know both you & I are old Stalinists, but really you're taking your thought-police doctrines a bit far here...

I don't necessarily disagree with opening the competition up nor have I said that.

It was just your well spun theory that it was harder for a rider to have a birthday in August than February which I have proved is patently untrue. ie a February birthday could mean NL speedway for a rider from March as the distraction from the U15 Championship whereas the problem you state for an August birthday does not become effective until the U15's is almost complete.

Yes we are old stalwarts and love an argument but yours is flawed this time surely Derek. Come on admit it for once!!!!

Malcolm Vasey

I don't necessarily disagree with opening the competition up nor have I said that.

It was just your well spun theory that it was harder for a rider to have a birthday in August than February which I have proved is patently untrue. ie a February birthday could mean NL speedway for a rider from March as the distraction from the U15 Championship whereas the problem you state for an August birthday does not become effective until the U15's is almost complete.

Yes we are old stalwarts and love an argument but yours is flawed this time surely Derek. Come on admit it for once!!!!

Malcolm Vasey

It's a simple point. Why, only yesterday I was talking to a father of a lad competing in the U-15s and he said to me (with zero prompting on my part..) how good it was that his lad was 14 in Feb and so will be able to have two whole years in the 500cc championship. His lad has, despite his age, NEVER ridden a 250cc.... Actually I think it's true to say that Marc only switched to 250cc coz he was forced to, early last year to compete... :unsure:

So that's from the horse's mouth so-to-speak... Have a birthday in Jan./Feb. sort of time, have two years in the 500cc championship. Have a birthday in August, have just one year... :neutral:

There's a simple solution surely and that is better family planning by fathers who have any hopes for a son of theirs to become British Under 15 speedway champions of the future! :D Whatever 'cut off' date you have, someone will be unhappy! :rolleyes:

So that's from the horse's mouth so-to-speak... Have a birthday in Jan./Feb. sort of time, have two years in the 500cc championship. Have a birthday in August, have just one year...

But that's not the point you were making,

Just leave it Derek - I'm off for a spin. Oh no - I've just had one.

Malcolm Vasey

So that's from the horse's mouth so-to-speak... Have a birthday in Jan./Feb. sort of time, have two years in the 500cc championship. Have a birthday in August, have just one year... :neutral:

Good grief, Parsloes, it's the Under-15 championship. It's a nice thing for a young lad to win, but winning is certainly not the be-all and end-all. The important thing is the experienced picked up.

Don't have a period, Parsloes. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Surely the crux of the matter is that they should be enough opportunites at this level for the riders that need them. Any rider who was already 15 on January 1, but still without a NL place, should be allowed to compete.

Excellent common sense approach to the situation some of these lads find themselves in Rob :approve:

Of course by applying common sense you know the likelihood of it being taken on board by the sports administrators as a proposal is Nil :wink:

Don't have a period, Parsloes. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Hurray...: you finally got it right!! :lol: I'll teach you teen-speak yet!!! :rolleyes:

We can celebrate this break-thru' over that pint you're buying me on Sunday!! :approve:

Hurray...: you finally got it right!! :lol: I'll teach you teen-speak yet!!! :rolleyes:

We can celebrate this break-thru' over that pint you're buying me on Sunday!! :approve:

(Parsloes is now getting excited so) Don't have a boner, Parsloes :lol:

Parsloes, depending on what the weather is like on Sunday, I may or may not put my trip to Mildenhall back to April 26. But whatever the case, I will get you that pint on my trip to West Row. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Well at last we have had invite to u15 7 rounds which are

2nd may scunny

23rd may newport

13th june weymouth

25th july buxton

13th august i.o.w

22nd august kings lynn

19th september northside training track

was told so far 5 500cc have said yes and 8 250cc confirmed

before people ask i ve had all this confirmed by graham reeve

Hey All,

I got a letter through sent it off but it didnt have any information about the 22nd August @ Kings Lynn :unsure: . So i dont know, I ride a 250cc by the way :wink: . If someone has more information on this please could you tell me.

Many Thanks

Steven

Certainly hope there is a round at Kings Lynn Steven101, be good to have a couple of rounds relatively close to travel to (KL & Scunny)!

Hopefully next year Mildenhall will put themselves forward for a round.

Well at last we have had invite to u15 7 rounds which are

2nd may scunny

23rd may newport

13th june weymouth

25th july buxton

13th august i.o.w

22nd august kings lynn

19th september northside training track

was told so far 5 500cc have said yes and 8 250cc confirmed

before people ask i ve had all this confirmed by graham reeve

Should be an exciting Championship :blink: with all 5 riders on 500cc bikes :wink:

Hey All,

I got a letter through sent it off but it didnt have any information about the 22nd August @ Kings Lynn :unsure: . So i dont know, I ride a 250cc by the way :wink: . If someone has more information on this please could you tell me.

Many Thanks

Steven

Copy of e-mail from graham reeve recieved a couple of days ago:-

Hi

More good news

Aug 22nd 3pm at Kings Lynn as well.

Can you do it ?

Best Regards

Graham

Its shaping up to be a nice long series of meetings this year.