Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tapesuptv

Usa National Speedway 2008 - 2009 Televised Series

I think the coverage does get better because from recollection at the beginning of the season we didnt know about the TV thing. Later in the year some events have live US commentary and whilst Alex is excellent with the voice over, you cant beat it coming live as the action is occuring.

Thought they were going to show the 40th Anniversary Season Opener today but repeated the Spring Classic. Any date when the 40th Anniversary Season Opener is being shown? People will lose interest if they're tuning in and seeing repeats when a new show should be on. Found the action quite entertaing, after a bit of getting used to the camera angles.

Its great that we get to see some more speedway on TV, but why is everyone going overboard about this? It seems to be a little "mickey mouse" to me. When they get Polish or Swedish league racing on, let me know.

I'm with Mr Bramble on this one.....B4e and I thought the coverage was very poor. The camera angles changing every few seconds was making me dizzy..We gave it up after 3 or 4 heats.

Doubt I'll be watching any more to be honest.

Filmed on a mobile phone. terrible quality.

just be greatful :wink:

Edited by izzyidiot

Is it Sky speedway? no... but is it more speedway on the box? yes

Well done to all concerned in bringing this to our TV's........ It certainly isnt the polished product but its a good start and i'm sure that some of the feedback is being listened to. The commentary is recorded but Unk is doing a good job....... I wince at some of the commentary for pre recorded stuff on channels like motors and eurosport

It would be good to see American Speedway get back to the glory days of Penhall, Sigalos, the Morans, Cook and erm ...Schwartz :lol: ...... any exposure can only be good for them

Is it Sky speedway? no... but is it more speedway on the box? yes

Well done to all concerned in bringing this to our TV's........ It certainly isnt the polished product but its a good start and i'm sure that some of the feedback is being listened to. The commentary is recorded but Unk is doing a good job....... I wince at some of the commentary for pre recorded stuff on channels like motors and eurosport

It would be good to see American Speedway get back to the glory days of Penhall, Sigalos, the Morans, Cook and erm ...Schwartz :lol: ...... any exposure can only be good for them

Disagree, poorly filmed rubbish on what looked to be a polo mint covered in shale can't be good. Can it?

that all depends on your outlook...... any money earnt can go back into filming equipment and the fact that it is on British TV could lead to it being shown on American TV ... Rome was not built in one day.... and if you cast your mind back to the early Sky coverage in this country you might remember that

with regards to the polo..... welcome to American speedway..... and it was no different in the days of Penhall, Sigalos etc

I can't believe some of the negative posts , jeez from small acorns guys. Hats off to those on this thread who have done more to advance speedways profile than any of the peanut gallery on here.

Is it Sky? No, am I pleased to see any speedway on tele Yes!

Some people have very short memories.

Dear Speedway Fans,

After a great meeting to kick off 2008 unofficially last week, with the 2008 Spring Classic, this coming week you have the opportunity to witness the official 40th Anniversary Season Opener from Costa Mesa Speedway. If the racers can surpass the amount of passing that was witnessed in the first programme of 'USA National Speedway 2008' then they will certainly have earned the adulation that they receive from the fans trackside.

A scorecard has been uploaded to the programme's official website (www.webjam.com/speedwayonmotorstv) and the direct link is below:

http://webjam-upload.s3.amazonaws.com/40th...f35e0__74__.pdf

This comes following a suggestion that it may be easier to follow the racing with some form of scorecard, and I hope that this will add even further to your viewing pleasure. We listen to all constructive criticism, and will do everything feasibly possible to improve the series. Everyone involved with 'USA National Speedway 2008' is a Speedway fan themselves, so it really is a true case of 'for the fans, by the fans'. I hope that you will give the series the support it needs by tuning in.

A reminder that you have but three more opportunities to view the 40th Anniversary Season Opener on Motors TV:

Wednesday 8th April 2009 at 2pm

Friday 10th April 2009 at 11pm

Saturday 11th April 2009 at 11am

I think the more speedway the better, gets more into the sport and more exposure!

I for one will be making a donation to Unk, as well think about it - they guys out of pocket regardless who watches, What does he get out of people subscribing to Motors TV, nothing Motors TV make the money, he's in this for the love of the sport and respect the bloke for doing something that half of you wouldn't have the confidence to perhaps comentate on TV, or producing this show that he's coming out of pocket for - just for the love of the sport!

As Tesco's say 'Every Little Helps' every £1 will be a big part, and if a few people gave £1 then Alex could purchase better equiptment and expand!

Thank you kindly for your words Wimbledondon, and indeed everyone who has voiced support for the series. I have made no secret of the fact that the whole series is for the fans - budgetwise there is no competing with the likes of Sky Sports, but I do hope that the overall package we offer is entertaining and enjoyable for those who are sitting at home and watching.

Of course, the 'Subscription' package gave the opportunity for fans to offer a small amount of financial support towards the series - those who have most enjoyed the programmes and would like to receive a more in-depth package with newsletters etc. are able to do so. All of the money from this, and indeed any revenue earnt from the series, was always destined to be pumped back in to future projects of this ilk. But an equally important part of "supporting" the series is not just financial - in the current cash-strapped times I wouldn't expecting everyone to be buying subscriptions, DVDs or merchandise - but rather just by sitting at home and tuning in. I can see from the viewing figures of the opening programme that people have done this, and so I greatly appreciate your support.

For those who criticised the racing, it is a great shame that you feel this way as I could cite a huge number of passes from the opening programme alone that make British League racing look poor by comparison - even in those races were there is no passing, the riders are seperated by narrow margins that make even the slightest mistake costly. The fact that the riders aren't all household names is maybe an issue for some, but hey, they'll grow on you - a part of the charm of the series is that you can follow the progress of the youngsters as they improve (stylistically as well as statistically) over the weeks. In a similar way to these raw rookies, we believe that the footage and production will improve every week. As far as the filming is concerned, I am sure that my partners at American Speedway Online have learnt plenty from the series in much the same way as we all have, and will be able to offer an even better service in the future.

So, all I can say is that I hope you all stick with it and keep watching - there is more great racing on the way!