British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scott0311

Happy Reading - 2009 Rulebook

Nobody's happy at Reading at the moment :cry: :cry: :angry:

Haven't seen it posted anywhere so here is the link to the long awaited 2009 rulebook

ACU Website

Enjoy :blink::unsure::lol:

Interesting reading no doubt. One immediate thing that strikes me is that the SCB is an element of the ACU, and as such the ACU appointed people (Gary Thompson, as an example) have acu.org.uk mail addresses. The actual people doing the day to day work in the SCB get to use mickey mouse mail addresses, thus displaying a total lack of professionalism in my eyes ( Being an IT professional, organisations who want to be treated in a professional manner, and then use mickey mouse mail addresses earn no respect whatsoever). It also suggests that there is no organisation wide e-mail policy in place, and certainly no ability to audit any mails sent or received in the course of SCB business other than hard copies retained by either the SCB recipient.

All very bizzare, and extremely disappointing in this day an age. No wonder that speedway in the UK is seen in such a poor light by so many people

Perhaps they will get around to updating the rules on the BSPA web site eventually.

Well said, OT. We old timers must try to encourage a spirit of eternal optimism within the hearts of our younger friends!

Nobody's happy at Reading at the moment :cry: :cry: :angry:

I must confess that I was expecting a thread with some positive news for you guys... one day, hopefully. :)

Yes, me too as Reading had a capital letter. :sad: Just proves the complexity of the English language.

Hope it's good news for Reading soon.

Yes, me too as Reading had a capital letter. :sad: Just proves the complexity of the English language.

My apologies to all for my poor grammar and if I raised anyones hopes :oops::( I too hope that Reading are back up and running very very soon.

If anyone can tell me how to edit the topic title it would be greatly appreciated - have tried but obviously without success.

This makes interesting reading.

"3.4.1 Right of Protest

1. Any Competitor or Official registered or licensed by the SCB directly affected by a

decision taken during a meeting held under the authority of the SCB has the right to

protest against that decision.

2. No protest can be lodged against a Statement of Fact (see Nomenclature)

pronounced by the Referee or SCB Officer or any other executive official."

"Statement of Fact A Referees Heat decision, a technical ruling, an MC decision

regarding a Team Line-Up or eligibility of a Rider in a Meeting."

So when a referee or the MC get it wrong, e.g allowing Joel Parsons to ride for Swindon at Ipswich. There's nothing that can be done about it.

This makes interesting reading.

"3.4.1 Right of Protest

1. Any Competitor or Official registered or licensed by the SCB directly affected by a

decision taken during a meeting held under the authority of the SCB has the right to

protest against that decision.

2. No protest can be lodged against a Statement of Fact (see Nomenclature)

pronounced by the Referee or SCB Officer or any other executive official."

"Statement of Fact A Referees Heat decision, a ruling, an MC decision

So when a referee or the MC get it wrong, e.g allowing Joel Parsons to ride for Swindon at Ipswich. There's nothing that can be done about it.

It's about time referees had nothing to do with team selections anyway . Team managers should be aware of all rules concerning team selection , and be trusted to turn up at meetings with seven legitimate riders - if later on they are found to have raced an illegal side , a heavy fine and points deduction should follow .

After all you don't get Premiership football referees telling Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger who can and cant play .

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't looked for a while to see if it was there yet. :)

I expect SCB to be quiet for a couple of days while he digests all the changes. :lol:

It's down to the way the site is set up, Gem, not what is actually input.

In the main heading of a thread all words, including the indefinite article [it, and, if etc] start with the initial letter in upper case [capitals]. This is why we see 'words' such as Bspa and Rip. The way to avoid this is to use full stops between the letters thus, B.S.P.A and R.I.P

Well darn me! I'd never noticed that before.

Mind you there is a little t in to.....if you know what I mean. :wink: It's a long time since I was at school so perhaps that's not an indefinite article.

"Statement of Fact A Referees Heat decision, a technical ruling, an MC decision

Seems in line with other sports too. Matters of fact, ie what is written in the rule book, are separated from matters of judgement, ie whether a track is safe / unsafe to ride on. You can't protest a matter of fact such as whether a rider has broken the tapes or not, but, you can protest whether a rider is at fault for a pile up. (how often it makes a ha'peth of difference, making a protest is another matter.)

Of course it does get complicated if a referee makes a judgement of what a fact is....oh good grief... :angry:

It's about time referees had nothing to do with team selections anyway . Team managers should be aware of all rules concerning team selection...

Of course this year, home teams have to notify the away managers of who is in the line up (and their position in the line up) 7 days in advance, so that ought to give plenty of notice for any inter-team disagreements over who races to be ironed out. It ought to be a gimme that if a team lines up on race night, it is with the knowledge and consent of both team managers, thereby relieving the referee of that burden.

Edited by uk_martin

Happy Reading no more!

Cannot find them anywhere now.

Was somebody getting fed up with fans in-depth analysis of the crazy rules?