Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie B

Item Suggestion For Backtrack

Tony

Could you do an item on the cameramen of speedway, the people who bring our sport to life, with their excellent pictures (Wood-Wright, Alf Weedon, Mike Patrick, Trevor Meeks, etc). And also how technology has changed the way speedway pictures are now taken, over previous years.

Edited by Robbie B

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Mar 2 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony

Could you do an item on the cameramen of speedway, the people who bring our sport to life, with their excellent pictures (Wood-Wright, Alf Weedon, Mike Patrick, Trevor Meeks, etc). And also how technology has changed the way speedway pictures are now taken, over previous years.

Kerry Dunlop as well from Canterbury days :approve:

Yes Shazzybird, cameramen from all different tracks.

And maybe something on the Track Announcers as well.

Edited by Robbie B

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Mar 2 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony

Robbie,

I think you mean Wright Wood.

It an be confusing when people have a Christian name that is usually a surname. I used to work with a guy named Smith Sellers!

Hope you don't mind me correcting you.

Regards,

Ron.

Robbie,

I think you mean Wright Wood.

It an be confusing when people have a Christian name that is usually a surname. I used to work with a guy named Smith Sellers!

Hope you don't mind me correcting you.

Regards,

Ron.

Thanks Ron it must have been one of those days I did mean 'Wright Wood'.

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Mar 14 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And maybe something on the Track Announcers as well.

May be worth picking up some back copies as there has been a 'Man on the Mic' series at some time, I am sure.

May be worth picking up some back copies as there has been a 'Man on the Mic' series at some time, I am sure.

Thanks JC, I have all the Backtrack mags, I have a look through them too see.

Your right JC from issue 23 there's been 'Taking The Mic' about announcers, I really must get some new glasses.

Edited by Robbie B

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Mar 16 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JC, I have all the Backtrack mags, I have a look through them too see.

Your right JC from issue 23 there's been 'Taking The Mic' about announcers, I really must get some new glasses.

Thats alright, just dont tell anyone I tried to help a Dons supporter, it will ruin my credibility! :wink:

I think a piece on the whole "World of Sport" team that covered speedway so well during the 70s/80s would fit perfectly in Backtrack. I'm sure the likes of Dave Lanning and Gary Newbon would have a tale or two to tell. In fact, if you see this Tony and like it, PM me and I might be up for doing this piece for the mag. :)

Edited by falcace