British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'3rd. Division' All-time Appearances

Anyone know who might hold the record for appearances all-time in the 'third tier' (known mainly as the CL over the years; now the NL..)?? :unsure:

By my reckoning Mildenhall's David Mason, Barrie Evans and Mark Thompson have all made something like 185-ish appearances each at this level. Which I'm thinking must be up there in the top five or so...

By memory (often flawed! :oops: ), I seem to recall that ex-Buxton Paul Burnett may have held this record at one time and indeed he's got to be close to that sort of total. I can actually think of one other rider (once of that club I can't mention..!! :blink: ) with around 200 third tier appearances too but I suppose there could be other(s)..??

Am thinking old Swifty will know this - any help would be mucho appreciated!!! :approve:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Anyone know who might hold the record for appearances all-time in the 'third tier' (known mainly as the CL over the years; now the NL..)??

I am almost certain that the honour falls to Dean Felton.

I am currently about to reach the point in preparation for my new book which will contain detrails of all appearances in the Third Tier since 1994 where the Table of this information with CMA's etc will be complete. Then I can speak with authority.

Dean Garrod held the record once but he had dropped to fourth by the end of 2007 headed by Felton, Thompson and Burnett. David Mason was 7th and Matt Wright eighth! I expect my book which covers the whole of 2008 and many all time stats to be available in about 2-3 weeks.

The highest point scorer at the end of 2007 was David Mason with a total of 2249 (including bonus).

Malolm Vasey

hey Deano have you retired i cant see your name on any team sheets. Malcolm another spelling mistake ,you will have Mr Butler after you.Here is one of those icons you dont like. :rolleyes:

Edited by bw double

Malcolm another spelling mistake ,you will have Mr Butler after you.Her is one of those icons you dont like.

Please enlighten me about the spelling mistake?

I hate you - Butler

Malcolm Vasey

I am currently about to reach the point in preparation for my new book which will contain detrails of all appearances in the Third Tier since 1994 where the Table of this information with CMA's etc will be complete. Malolm Vasey

These may well be the two (offending) typos...!!?? :blink:

contain detrails of all appearances in the Third Tier since 1994 where the Table of this information with CMA's etc will be complete. Malolm Vasey

Never being one to admit a mistake I wold draw your attention to Page 7 of the Pardoners Tale (Canterbury Tales - Geoffery Chaucer) where the use of the olde English spelling of details ie detrails is used relating to the the listing of body parts ie entrails producing the amazingly economic word detrails or list of such items.

As far as my own name is concrned I have always been usure of the correct spelling but you have put me right.

Thank You

Malcolm Vasey

its about time that old t**t Felton retired :lol::lol:

I find this an offensive comment about anyone who is prepared to race a speedway bike. In any case, Dean Felton has a long way to better Wal Morton whose career spanned the years from 1932 until 1965. Wal's currently the subject of a rather heated debate on

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtimespeedway

and most of the comments are 'singing his praises'. And rightly so IMO. Good luck to Dean Felton in his seeming bid to be an active speedway rider for 33 years.

Edited by speedyguy

I find this an offensive comment about anyone who is prepared to race a speedway bike. In any case, Dean Felton has a long way to better Wal Morton whose career spanned the years from 1932 until 1965. Wal's currently the subject of a rather heated debate on

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtimespeedway

and most of the comments are 'singing his praises'. And rightly so IMO. Good luck to Dean Felton in his seeming bid to be an active speedway rider for 33 years.

Dean Machine is Dean Felton..

come on speedyguy lol

Darren

Dean Machine is Dean Felton..

come on speedyguy lol

Darren

I am not into these aliases!!! Why should anyone want to hide their identity under one...? :rolleyes:

hey Deano have you retired i cant see your name on any team sheets. Malcolm another spelling mistake ,you will have Mr Butler after you.Here is one of those icons you dont like. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Fen Tigers Deano (just dont wear the dress we saw you wearing at Sittingbourne that time) :lol::lol:

Welcome to the Fen Tigers Deano (just dont wear the dress we saw you wearing at Sittingbourne that time

Why? Did you fancy him in it? LOL :lol:

Malcolm Vasey

Why? Did you fancy him in it? LOL :lol:

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm if you'd have seen him trust me you wouldnt even ask - it was hideous :lol: