British Speedway Forum

All it needs is for EVERYONE to turn every block into an airhorn free zone and problem solved for 2010 :wink:

Would also be great if the majority of supporters didn't book hotels next year, teach the greedy monsters a lesson. Now wouldn't that make a story.

All it needs is for EVERYONE to turn every block into an airhorn free zone and problem solved for 2010 :wink:

Maybe they could change the sale of pints for prawn sandwiches and ban clapping too :D

Like lots of others, I'll be giving the 'racing' a miss this year - the first time I've missed Cardiff. I'm sick to death of the crap tracks they expect us to shell out good money for. So instead, I'll be taking in the memorabilia fair, having a few beers and hopefully bumping into a few friends, and then I'll be catching the train home. Somerset on Friday and Newport on Sunday will do me just fine. ARE YA LISTENIN' OLSEN!!!!????

Looks like we are doing the same this year, its a poor indictment on the sport that we go to a GP city and then leave before it starts.

That is shocking. Surely someone has to have these prices sorted. a tenner for a GP program. Sickening.

Same price for the FA Cup Final this year. They know how to fleece ya.

You get that aswell Yate? I had some stewardess tell me something about the ones sold outside the stadium are flammable where as the ones inside aint. What a load of rubbish. So not only do we fork out for our tickets and programs we are then .blatanly lied to so we have to buy their airhorns.

I sent an email to the Millennium Stadium today on the subject of airhorns cos one of the stadium rules is that NO fireworks, airhorns(flammable or not) etc are permitted inside, yet as you will know there are dedicated airhorn-free zones on GP day. So what do they expect in the other zones if airhorns are prohibited EVERYWHERE - partypoppers, whoopee cushions, kazoos ??

I bet I don't even get a reply, cos I did "compliment" them on their high standards of organisation !!

I sent an email to the Millennium Stadium today on the subject of airhorns cos one of the stadium rules is that NO fireworks, airhorns(flammable or not) etc are permitted inside

Since when? :blink::unsure:

You will have those that buiy programmes because they collect them, but I will not be paying £10 for a programme that gives you info you already know, adverts that are of no interest and columns by ex riders about the line up etc.

I will have a scorecard printed out on my PC that will cost me less than 10p and then get it photo copied.

Should I want a programme, I will buy one at the track shop the following week for half the price.

With the Mrs in tow, I will spend the morning going around town before heading to the PoW around 1pm and then onto the stadium around 3.30pm.

Looking forward to it yet again and hopefully a Freddie and Emil 1-2 in the final ;)

Or you could stop being so snobby and get a nice little en suite room in Cardiff uni for £35 a night.

We're staying there :D

My sister is at the uni at the moment so we're nicking her room for 2 nights :lol:

Lol nice one Cornishman very tidy little rooms. Only problem is the toilet gets soaked when your in the shower as the toilet is in the shower with you lol.

Does anyone know how many folk are expected this year ?????

Anything between 40,000 to 50,000

Think they will be lucky to get 40000 this year, its the first one i hav missed. Mind you not been to a live meeting since last years British GP, got totally p***ed off with the way the sport is run.....