British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 80th Anniversary Meeting

How on earth can you say that was a good meeting, it has to be one of the worst prepared tracks ive ever seen and it contributed to a total shocker of a meeting, Zero racing, no passing. Hugley dissapointing.

You really are a tosser with no credibility. :lol: Time and time again you come on here with your poisoned abuse with whatever problem you have that day.

BTW Hugely is spelt as I have spelt it.

:lol::lol:

Can't see how they could have hurried up. The two minutes were going on as soon as the winner was back at the pit gate after their lap of honour.

Abbott I think you have me wrong I meant after heat 20 before it was called off (Which I know at that point was the only option) But where I said should of hurried up was as soon as the rain started as you say they raced through the meeting until then but after heat 20 we waited far to long IMO of course!

I don't think the meeting could have gone any faster, credit to Mr Flint for keeping it moving although I have to disagree with the re run of two heats with Daniel King making IMO good starts, no rolling and good anticipation of the tapes. I think we saw the difference between Elite and Premier league riders with the Elite boys being lighting out of the starts.

I thought the crowd could have been better, maybe the weather and football still being on the telly had something to do with it, didn't notice many supporters from other local teams in attendance, shame as diamond fans always turn out for their individual meetings. Thought more Berwick fans would turn up to support William, or maybe if the Bears had someone riding it might have attracted more fans from Teeside.

A very good nights entertainment, can't understand why some (so called) fans would want to knock it?

poor meeting for me mostly over by the back straight just as normal, elite lads were different class throttle wide open, ncstle lads looked 3rd rate in comparison to the rest, track was poor due to the weather but still could have graded it back each race which never happened - WHY NO GRADING ALL MEETING?? the water bowser is a joke you may aswell have someone holding a watering can out of the back of a van for the same result - lol just aswell tonite as the rain came, shame about the rain late on as final would have been a competitive race.

wortman and leverington looked 4th rate never mind 3rd, they must be replaced asap if the season is to be salvaged imo!

Edited by pablo133

Can I just add it was very fitting to see the Valerie Donaldson Trophy being awarded last night on such a special night for Newcastle Speedway. A Special award on behalf of a very special lady who will be very much missed at Brough Park.

management please note a rider from all the local teams should be invited fixtures permitting this wil add at least 50 ish to the gate makes good business sense

that seems like a cunning idea.

Willie Lawson - Berwick

Kevin Doolan - Workington

James Wright - Belle Vue

Chris Mills - Sheffield (albeit a late replacement)

In other news:

GLASGOW v EDINBURGH 44 - 46

Newport v REDCAR Postponed

I don't think the meeting could have gone any faster, credit to Mr Flint for keeping it moving although I have to disagree with the re run of two heats with Daniel King making IMO good starts, no rolling and good anticipation of the tapes. I think we saw the difference between Elite and Premier league riders with the Elite boys being lighting out of the starts.

I thought the crowd could have been better, maybe the weather and football still being on the telly had something to do with it, didn't notice many supporters from other local teams in attendance, shame as diamond fans always turn out for their individual meetings. Thought more Berwick fans would turn up to support William, or maybe if the Bears had someone riding it might have attracted more fans from Teeside.

A very good nights entertainment, can't understand why some (so called) fans would want to knock it?

Probably because that is all some of them want to do.

Can I just add it was very fitting to see the Valerie Donaldson Trophy being awarded last night on such a special night for Newcastle Speedway. A Special award on behalf of a very special lady who will be very much missed at Brough Park.

Well said!

Quite agree and it was rather appropriate to commemorate the contribution of David and Val to Newcastle Speedway. They have both been private supporters of our promotion for the last 12 years and their continued support has been very critical at times. :approve:

:blink::blink:

i really was impressed with elite riders on show travis was great to watch rory very good as was danny king what is worrying was the diamonds we are struggling to gate and it feels like it going to continue to be a long season to come as has been said before there is not a big pool of riders waiting for changes to happen

poor meeting for me mostly over by the back straight just as normal, elite lads were different class throttle wide open, ncstle lads looked 3rd rate in comparison to the rest, track was poor due to the weather but still could have graded it back each race which never happened - WHY NO GRADING ALL MEETING?? the water bowser is a joke you may aswell have someone holding a watering can out of the back of a van for the same result - lol just aswell tonite as the rain came, shame about the rain late on as final would have been a competitive race.

wortman and leverington looked 4th rate never mind 3rd, they must be replaced asap if the season is to be salvaged imo!

The track was looking slick and dusty from the start, and from what i have seen the past few weeks in the pits at newcastle the home boys have been getting the track the way they feel best on. and yesterday it was nothing like it has ever been this year. you mention wartman and leverington!!! i know for a fact that Trent and casper were using the meeting to try the fine tune there bike set up for the way the track has been shapeing up from the last few weeks, but as u seem to know all about most things than you would have seen it was not like weeks gone! if they want a constant team then they are going to need a constant track

I thought it was ok, interesting rather than exciting to watch. The track was very dry and although you can understand why it was prepared like that I still think they should have just watered the track as normal. When it rains like it did, the match is going to be abandoned regardless of wether the track is prepared dry or grippy. It would have been good to watch the likes of McGowan and Danny King on a grippy track.

On another note, if the rumours that Boxall will be out for over a month are true then that could seriously knack up any major team changes as we'll be stuck with his 7.5 average for ages. I also notice that Kenni is missing again for this this weekends matches. Great. Another home defeat to look forward to.

Quite agree and it was rather appropriate to commemorate the contribution of David and Val to Newcastle Speedway. They have both been private supporters of our promotion for the last 12 years and their continued support has been very critical at times. :approve:

:blink::blink:

Yes if only more teams had supporters like Val and Dave, speedway would be in a much more healthier position. Hope this trophy is an annual event to keep alive the memory of a truly great lady and a role model for supporters everywhere. I know in the section of the crowd where I stand she will never be forgotten.

Can I thank you all for your kind words about my twin sister Valerie, and to David for providing a lasting memorial to her memory in the form of a trophy. They have travelled the world watching speedway together, she may have got the interest from watching the Wombwell speedway in the 1950's.

Thank you all once again from brother George wife Jean, niece Catherine, nephew Christopher and his wife Helen for whom she made their wedding cake at Christmas 2008.

I would just like to echo those sentiments. A very special lady indeed who is sorely missed. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the extreme and a guaranteed friendly face at any away meeting.