British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NATHAN

Scunthorpe Under 15's

I am fairly certain that the closing date for entries is Monday for the round at Scunthorpe. That is when Graham Reeve is to advise us of the riders etc.

Malclm Vasey

8 250's apparently with me being one of them :rolleyes:

Yeah you`ll do ok Steve just relax and bend that leg :wink:

See you at Rye mate

hi steven 101, we have never met but hope you have a good season. as im just 12, need any advise please feel free to ask one of my family as we are all here to be friends. nathan stoneman

Thanks Nathan i will do mate

When im at round 1 feel free to come and say hi mate ill be in the kennett kevla's with number 7 race jacket

Steven

hi steven be the first time round scunthorpe for me but looking forward to make it sing as heard its a good size. be safe and have a good season

Edited by NATHAN

Yep track is 285 meters i think but i never rode Scunthorpe either but i ride Eastbourne most weeks which is 285 meters aswell so shouldn't be too bad

Is there any point in holding the 500cc series? only 5 riders :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was suggested on Friday night that there is at least double that number now and similar in the 250cc class. If there was only two riders it would have been running the series as I feel a British Championship is a vital part of the youth development in this country and the only way to improve things is to offer opportunities to young riders to compete in the sport. Hopefully, we will know the final line-up in the next day or two.

Good luck to all the riders involved. I hope you enjoy the experience and stay safe. For any rider who isn't aware of what the track rides like it has long sweeping bends and rides much bigger than its 285 metres suggests. A video of a race can be seen at http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/extras/y...NfgokEI&p=1

It was suggested on Friday night that there is at least double that number now and similar in the 250cc class. If there was only two riders it would have been running the series as I feel a British Championship is a vital part of the youth development in this country and the only way to improve things is to offer opportunities to young riders to compete in the sport. Hopefully, we will know the final line-up in the next day or two.

Good luck to all the riders involved. I hope you enjoy the experience and stay safe. For any rider who isn't aware of what the track rides like it has long sweeping bends and rides much bigger than its 285 metres suggests. A video of a race can be seen at http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/extras/y...NfgokEI&p=1

Well said Scunny Stag, I'd too heard that there were more competitors now :approve:

Looking forward to this meeting following our match against Scunthorpe on Saturday and hearing the line ups in due course.

Would have been bloody exciting to pay to watch :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got a letter through today and i can post a confirmed line up :rolleyes:

YOUTH 500cc

No.

14 Cameron Hoskins

4 Josh Dingle

8 Ashley Morris

20 Jack Butler

17 Kyle Howarth

19 Tom Stokes (got a feeling he is injured tho)

6 Darryl Ritchings

10 Daniel I'Anson

16 Adam Kirby

YOUTH 250cc

No.

2 Jack Cornes

1 Adam Portwood

21 Ged Collins

12 Tyle Govier

3 Brandon Freemantle

7 Steven Archer

15 Reece Downes

13 Nathan Stoneman

9 Daniel Sibson

5 Robert Lambert

11 Jack Jones

Well there it is thought i would share it with the rest of you

Steven

Got a letter through today and i can post a confirmed line up :rolleyes:

YOUTH 500cc

No.

19 Tom Stokes (got a feeling he is injured tho)

Tom was due to be in the 2nd half at Mildenhall on Sunday, but heard he had taken a knock.

Hopefully this will not prevent him from taking his place in Saturdays line up!