Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NATHAN

Scunthorpe Under 15's

Tom was due to be in the 2nd half at Mildenhall on Sunday, but heard he had taken a knock.

Hopefully this will not prevent him from taking his place in Saturdays line up!

Tom suffered concussion and wiplash to his neck but is ok now and looking

forward to competing on saturday at Scunthorpe

Tom suffered concussion and wiplash to his neck but is ok now and looking

forward to competing on saturday at Scunthorpe

Thats good to hear, Tom really impressed at Kings Lynn the other saturday and the sunday before at Mildenhall.

Already has a fan in my daughter :lol:

Taken from the Official Scunthorpe speedway website: -

This Saturday, after the Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints have faced the Mildenhall Fen Tigers in a National fixture; the first round of the 2009 British Under-15 Championship takes place at the Eddie Wright Raceway in Scunthorpe. Twenty riders will race in two classes (250cc and 500cc) over twenty-two heats with many of the riders having previously taken part in the club’s amateur meetings and winter practices. Three of the riders will be representing Scunthorpe with Saints duo, Kyle Howarth (top right) and Ashley Morris (top left), competing in the 9-rider 500cc section whilst the Scorpions’ mascot, 10-year old Reece Downes (below left), will be the youngest rider in the championship, competing in the 11-rider 250cc class.

Despite the 37-race schedule admission prices on Saturday have been held at the usual National league prices: Adult £9, Concession £7, Children (aged 10-16) £4, Children (aged 0-9) Free, Family Ticket £20 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-16).

The full line-up is:

500cc

Kyle Howarth (Ashton-under-Lyme, Manchester) Born: 11/2/94

Josh Dingle (Newquay, Cornwall) 4/3/94

Jack Butler (Boston, Lincolnshire) 17/4/94

Tom Stokes (Spalding, Lincolnshire) 23/4/94

Ashley Morris (Penkridge, Staffordshire) 6/5/94

Daniel I’Anson (Ringwood, Hampshire) 3/8/94

Darryl Ritchings (Swindon, Wiltshire) 11/8/94

Adam Kirby (Spalding, Lincolnshire) 6/2/95

Cameron Hoskins (Cannock, Staffordshire) 13/4/95

250cc

Steven Archer (Hailsham, Sussex) 22/4/94

Adam Portwood (March, Cambridgeshire) 1/7/95

Brandon Freemantle (West Sussex) 12/10/95

Daniel Sibson (Cumbria) 27/11/95

Jack Jones (Gloucestershire) 12/1/96

Tyler Govier (Exeter, Devon) 4/4/96

Jed Collins (Northants) 8/8/96

Nathan Stoneman (Tiverton, Devon) 17/9/96

Jack Cornes (Lymm, Cheshire) 20/10/97

Robert Lambert (Norfolk) 5/4/98

Reece Downes (Barnsley, South Yorkshire) 20/9/98

2009 Championship dates:

Saturday 2nd May - Scunthorpe

Saturday 23rd May - Newport

Saturday 15th June - Weymouth

Saturday 25th July - Buxton

Thursday 13th August - Isle of Wight

Saturday 22nd August - King’s Lynn

Saturday 19th September - Workington Northside

Championship points awarded in each class: 1st 20 points, 2nd 18 points, 3rd 16 points, 4th 14 points, 5th 12 points 6th 11 points, 7th 10 points, 8th 9 points, 9th 8 points, 10th 7 points, 11th 6 points, 12th 5 points, 13th 4 points, 14th 3 points, 15th 2 points, 16th 1 point.

Top six round scores to count for each rider

£9!!! What a bargain!

I see the riders are shown in age order above, does anyone know the actual riding order ?

Guest Steve Dixon
No Marc Owen... :cry:

That's a real shame...

Did he enter?

hi everyone, i would just like to wish all the under 15 riders in both classes a very good season and hope no one gets hurt in anyway. all the best nathan stoneman team13

Marc's very sorry to have not entered but take that are recording an album and touring at the moment so its a busy time for him.

well done to all the riders today ,, very well done kyle howarth & very tough luck young ashley morris ,, you was clearly the fastest rider on show today but just lost it on your gating in the final ,, better luck next time young man

the youngsters on the 250's didnt look big enough to be out of nappies , but boy could these kids ride

the future looks very bright for most riders on show today ,, keep up the good work boys

well done to all the riders today ,, very well done kyle howarth & very tough luck young ashley morris ,, you was clearly the fastest rider on show today but just lost it on your gating in the final ,, better luck next time young man

the youngsters on the 250's didnt look big enough to be out of nappies , but boy could these kids ride

the future looks very bright for most riders on show today ,, keep up the good work boys

The second part of todays meetings was really enjoyable, thought Morris was rather unlucky as although clearly moving on the first two occasions he didnt seem to move much to me on the third time of asking, maybe the referee was looking for him :unsure: I understand he was having clutch trouble before the start of the final. He was clearly the best rider on show in the 500cc, although Josh Dingle who I'd not heard of before was also very impressive, I assume he has been riding in 2nd halves at the likes of Plymouth :unsure: .

Well done to Adam Kirby representing the 'Fen Tigers' who rode well and our Number 8 today Tom Stokes who reached the final :approve:

As pudding said some of the lads in the 250cc heats could realy ride, Freemantle, Downes, Lambert and Stoneman in particular impressed.

That said all 18 riders who rode were a credit to themselves and hopefully I'll be able to see at least another couple of these rounds!

Edited by PhilK

A most enjoyable afternoon. My thanks to all the young lads for their help in getting the 22 heats through swiftly and without hold ups. Once they had got into the routine of lining up after the previous race my 'job' was made easier by this and we got things through in a good time.

Congrats to each and every one of them today and I look forward to the enxt round at Newport on Saturday May 23rd --2.30 start.

Josh Dingle, based in mid Cornwall, has been competing in youth grasstrack for a number of years. Recently took part in the Plymouth v Weymouth second half at the Boniface Arena where he was unbeaten by a Weymouth rider in 4 rides.

Josh Dingle, based in mid Cornwall, has been competing in youth grasstrack for a number of years. Recently took part in the Plymouth v Weymouth second half at the Boniface Arena where he was unbeaten by a Weymouth rider in 4 rides.

Thanks NJT, he certainly looked good on a speedway bike yesterday! Out of interest do you know who were the Weymouth riders he beat in that second half?