British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NATHAN

Scunthorpe Under 15's

The second part of todays meetings was really enjoyable, thought Morris was rather unlucky as although clearly moving on the first two occasions he didnt seem to move much to me on the third time of asking, maybe the referee was looking for him :unsure: I understand he was having clutch trouble before the start of the final. He was clearly the best rider on show in the 500cc, although Josh Dingle who I'd not heard of before was also very impressive, I assume he has been riding in 2nd halves at the likes of Plymouth :unsure: .

Well done to Adam Kirby representing the 'Fen Tigers' who rode well and our Number 8 today Tom Stokes who reached the final :approve:

As pudding said some of the lads in the 250cc heats could realy ride, Freemantle, Downes, Lambert and Stoneman in particular impressed.

That said all 18 riders who rode were a credit to themselves and hopefully I'll be able to see at least another couple of these rounds!

Phil, I agree - an enjoyable meeting... despite some poor refereeing.

Heat 12 should have been much sooner after Jack Butler fell, by the time it was stopped Josh Dingle was almost up with him again, it could have been nasty. Then we had a 12-year-old kid being excluded for being lapped (a little discretion here surely :rolleyes: ), and Morris's penalty in the final when I didn't see any movement in the third start. Graham Flint should not be allowed to referee any of the further rounds - he lacks the common sense necessary to take charge of one of these meetings.

Some great talent on display, with two of the lads in the 250cc section going around faster than Heat 2 of the National League meeting!! And Ashley Morris was the third fastest rider on display all afternoon, behind only Jerran Hart and Byron Bekker. He will make a highly exciting addition to Scunny's NL line-up after he celebrates his 15th birthday next week.

All the best

Rob

Josh Dingle, based in mid Cornwall, has been competing in youth grasstrack for a number of years. Recently took part in the Plymouth v Weymouth second half at the Boniface Arena where he was unbeaten by a Weymouth rider in 4 rides.

And he's already 15! I was very impressed by him yesterday. Get him into the Devils line-up before someone else grabs him!! :wink:

All the best

Rob

Thanks NJT, he certainly looked good on a speedway bike yesterday! Out of interest do you know who were the Weymouth riders he beat in that second half?

Alex McLeod, Jamie Dixon, Scott Day & Daniel L'Anson

Heat details are in the acadamy section of this forum.

Alex McLeod, Jamie Dixon, Scott Day & Daniel L'Anson

Heat details are in the acadamy section of this forum.

Thanks for the info.

I was feeling quite depressed about the state of British youth speedway when I saw the line up for this round, and no, that wasn't because of who was riding, but the numbers of riders who had entered.

Having seen the results, the lads did really well, and there were clearly some stunning performances. British speedway now needs to build on this base to increase both the numbers of riders riding in this championship, but also to give guidance, tuition, where needed, and generally to put them in a programme of support for the next few years.

Who could do that? I'm not sure who that would be, but it needs to happen, both for all of the 500c riders but equally for the 250 cc riders who are our longer term future riders. A system has to be devised to look after them so that they become the riders who will get us a World Champion and World Team Championship, and this is where the BSPA now has to step up to the mark to allocate the resources.

Well done to all the riders for putting on a good show, and to all the tracks who are supporting this series.

Is it L'Anson or I'Anson? I've noticed Speedway Star always writes L'Anson, but his kevlars last year looked more like I'Anson to me and that seems the more common spelling here.

L'Anson sounds like a French name but I'Anson strikes me as an incredibly unusual name - how on earth is it pronounced? Eye-Anson? That's how I've heard it said, but it's not a name I've ever come across before.

My belief is it is I'Anson like Lisa I'Anson the former Radio One DJ. The information from the SCB for the British U-15 round suggested it was too.

My belief is it is I'Anson like Lisa I'Anson the former Radio One DJ. The information from the SCB for the British U-15 round suggested it was too.

Thanks for that, Scunny (although I've never heard of the DJ :oops: )

Guest Steve Dixon
Thanks for that, Scunny (although I've never heard of the DJ :oops: )

Didn't listen to her much but I believe she liked the odd night out and was eventually sacked.