British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rearing to go

Rob Lyon With A Headache Already!

What with Oliver Allen and Ben Barker both out with broken legs.Tai Woffinden racing unfit with an injured shoulder.

Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls looking well below par, its not looking too good on the international front. Hope this nightmare start to the season with injuries is about to end. :shock:

Edited by rearing to go

Not until July though is it? :unsure: Hopefully Ben and Olly will both be riding again by then.

tbh the best we should be hoping for anyway is to reach the final and for 2 or 3 of our youngsters to get some experience.... it would be silly to expect more

Oh well ...... gives him time to think of an excuse for losing and answering to his critics why he should keep the job as TEAM GB manager :wink: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot he wont have to do that will he ...... the biggest critic is his biggest brown nose fan :lol:

Oh well ...... gives him time to think of an excuse for losing and answering to his critics why he should keep the job as TEAM GB manager :wink: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot he wont have to do that will he ...... the biggest critic is his biggest brown nose fan :lol:

Oh dear, Shaz, you're getting a tad cynical. I wonder why?

Not until July though is it? :unsure: Hopefully Ben and Olly will both be riding again by then.

Speedway seems to live on a day-to-day basis, Gem, so I feel that by then we should be able to track a reasonable team -though not necessarily a winning one.

As the Middlo brown nosers fans kept telling us, the manager can only work with the rider available to him. But what the Middlo brown nosers fans kept ignoring was that Middlo was tactically inept and almost every season made a mistake. Lets see what Rob Lyons does aye? If he make the same sort of mistakes, be sure I'll be on here pointing it out.

Let's face it, Team GB will do well to reach the final and more than likely go out at the play-off round yet again.

Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Tai Woffinden and Edward Kennett are the five sure to start if injuries don't happen with Stead, Allen and Bridger as back up, but they dont have the strength of the other teams and now he holds a Polish passport, adding Emil to the Polish team means its another shoot out with Denmark for the title with Aussies third.

Why Woffinden and not Bridger? Ridiculous arrogance. Lewis is currently averaging over a point more using SpeedwayUpdates averages.

Tai has had a few knocks, a few engine problems, riding alongside a stronger partner and for a much stronger team plus he proved last year he should not be kept out again.

I rate Lewis and really wanted him to be at Monmore Green this year, but sadly that didn't happen as it would have been good to see both in the same team. If it was down to who I would pick then I would possibly put Lewis in the team ahead of either Nicholls, Harris or Richardson.

Instead of Nicholls because he has opted out of the Elite League, Harris because he struggles against top riders and Richardson because if he doesn't gate its game over most times. I would even consider Oliver Allen alongside them if it was down to personal preference.

On current form, both Nicholls and Harris don't deserve to be in the 5 TBH as there are other British riders riding far better than them.

Rico

Woffinden

Bridger

King

Kennett

with Allen as backup.

We should go with the youth as at least they'd give it a go and we can't do much worse than the pathetic showings from our so-called world-class riders of recent years. If Lyon wanted to pick one 'experienced head', then it should be Rico as he is the only British rider I'm aware of that consistently averages around 7 or more in Britain, Poland and Sweden.

Nicholls has turned his back on his home country, just like that, after all the years he's been looked after by various clubs and supported by the fans. All he cares about it seems is the Grand Prixs so let him do just that, but of course, Lyon will probably name the usual mob. It's about time bold moves were taken and we looked to the future.

Edited by chris26

Why Woffinden and not Bridger? Ridiculous arrogance. Lewis is currently averaging over a point more using SpeedwayUpdates averages.

and for me this is the issue now that Rob Lyon has set his stall out under the banner of bringing the youngsters on............. if Nicholls, Harris and Rico are used then we only have two spots for youngsters remaining..... and tbf that would have naturally been the case for any GB manager this season under whatever banner they were deciding to hold

If Rob really means what he is saying then he has a hard decision over whether to drop one of those 'top' 3 or not.............. I think I would be a controversial GB manager but I would be dropping one of them ..... either the one least in form at that time .......or Rico..........

I like Rico ... he is a nice guy and has a decent SWC record overall but quite frankly he is not going to be getting any better (yes the same applies to Scott as well) and if this year really is about bringing on the youngsters then it makes full sense to make sure that Ed, Lewis and Tai race................... at some stage we have to grab the bull by the horns and after deciding that we have little chance of winning we need to really build for the future and dedicate the SWC to building experience

edit

Nicholls has turned his back on his home country, just like that, after all the years he's been looked after by various clubs and supported by the fans. All he cares about it seems is the Grand Prixs so let him do just that,

sorry chris (and TNT) but it is 100% irrelevant....... what is relevant is who is best able to help the youngsters and who will put in a decent showing

and re: danny king ...................... for me he needs to continue his form this season and improve on it next season before he should be included if we are building for the future............................. he is still young but his career so far has very much been 2 and a half steps forward 2 steps back............ i'm pleased for him that something is starting to click but this wouldnt be the first time he has been here

Edited by spook

The form riders come July should be picked for the tournament. I would also think that if he is doing well, Danny King should well be in contention for the meeting at P'boro with his track knowledge.

Fingers crossed Lewis will continue his current form, Tai will get on top form & Scotty and Bomber will start to make some strides in the GP (wishful thinking I know!)

I'd have Bridger in the team as he is riding very well. Woofy isn't at the moment.

a few weeks to go before team selection so plenty can happen

Speedway seems to live on a day-to-day basis, Gem, so I feel that by then we should be able to track a reasonable team -though not necessarily a winning one.

i very much doudt it.