British Speedway Forum

I will be making a trip down for this one. Wasn't going to come to the Practice anyway as I am watching Wolves at Eastbourne on Saturday and then travelling to Rye the next day. £10 is a big ask for a few practice laps! For me and my dad it would be £20 to watch the practice, we don't pay much more to watch league matches! :shock:

Line-up looks pretty good for this one, a few I haven't heard of that will be interesting to watch. Saw Tim Gomez ride the other night with some practice laps around Monmore Green, that's the only unknown rider I have seen a bit of racing from before the qualifiers. Hopefully Tai will have a shot at this one, Joe aswell, but of course Darcy Ward has thrown a spanner into the works ;) Unsure if Lewis will be 100% after some minor injuries in an Eastbourne meeting last saturday, but with Tai's track experience I could see him being the dominant force throughout the meeting. Should be some good close races and some new faces to watch out for.

Guest FlyinPanther
I will be making a trip down for this one. Wasn't going to come to the Practice anyway as I am watching Wolves at Eastbourne on Saturday and then travelling to Rye the next day. £10 is a big ask for a few practice laps! For me and my dad it would be £20 to watch the practice, we don't pay much more to watch league matches! :shock:

That's a joke but unfortunately that's uncle Len for you... :rolleyes:

generally Top Dollar entry proces for second rate racing! :P

That's a joke but unfortunately that's uncle Len for you... :rolleyes:

generally Top Dollar entry proces for second rate racing! :P

Here we go again lets bash Len.

Not that Len needs any defending but I think you will find that this event is whats known as a shared event and authority higher than Len in speedway BSPA or FIM dictate the charges. Rye house get a cut of the gate for organising and the use of the facility. Remember also that Ryehouse have to make quite an investment to ensure the track meets FIM standard which is some thing many tracks will not do. Without genuine in it for the speedway promoters like at Ryehouse we would see no such international events in the UK.

So keep up the bashing lets pxxs of the few tht are prepared to invest in speedway in general and who knows we may get to the stage where we wont have any speedway to moan about.

Guest FlyinPanther

Not that Len needs any defending but I think you will find that this event is whats known as a shared event and authority higher than Len in speedway BSPA or FIM dictate the charges. Rye house get a cut of the gate for organising and the use of the facility. Remember also that Ryehouse have to make quite an investment to ensure the track meets FIM standard which is some thing many tracks will not do. Without genuine in it for the speedway promoters like at Ryehouse we would see no such international events in the UK.

So keep up the bashing lets pxxs of the few tht are prepared to invest in speedway in general and who knows we may get to the stage where we wont have any speedway to moan about.

hey not bashing Uncle Len - just stating facts - I probably attend more Rye House meeting that you... :unsure:

So therefore I have a right to have an opinion with regards to Uncle Lens admission prices - £ 4 for child entry is robbery - Under 11's free at East on England Showground! :wink:

Just out of interest, does anyone know the actual prices of admission into the event- is it just the usual admission prices for Rye? And what is the age limit for Child's admission as I will be bringing my niece along?

Thanks

"I probably attend more Rye House meeting that you..."

Doubt it Flyin Panther, Elnno is Chris Neath's spanner man!

Well said :approve:

I probably attend more Rye House meeting that you...
Doubt it Flyin Panther, Elnno is Chris Neath's spanner man!
Talk about getting something spectacularly wrong Flying Panther ;) Edited by Shadders

Just out of interest, does anyone know the actual prices of admission into the event- is it just the usual admission prices for Rye? And what is the age limit for Child's admission as I will be bringing my niece along? Thanks

The "Speedway Star" says "Adults £15, Children £5". :)

Just out of interest, does anyone know the actual prices of admission into the event- is it just the usual admission prices for Rye? And what is the age limit for Child's admission as I will be bringing my niece along?

Thanks

It's a fiver for under 16's

The "Speedway Star" says "Adults £15, Children £5". :)

It's a fiver for under 16's

Thank you, I can still afford Wolves v Swindon monday then :approve:

Edited by NicWolves

Guest FlyinPanther
Talk about getting something spectacularly wrong Flying Panther ;)

story of my wife life :D

but thinking about it I have probably been at Hoddesdon more often this season than Chris Neaths Spanner man!! :P

Edited by FlyinPanther

but thinking about it I have probably been at Hoddesdon more often this season than Chris Neaths Spanner man!! :P

Nice attempt, but then you're not including behind closed doors practice and press and practice day? ;)

Still stretching the imagination I see.

Any way what we can agree on is that you pay so have the right to say. Just make sure its factual or of knowledgeable accuracy. Broad brushes can paint an awful picture

Guest FlyinPanther
Still stretching the imagination I see.

Any way what we can agree on is that you pay so have the right to say. Just make sure its factual or of knowledgeable accuracy. Broad brushes can paint an awful picture

FFS - All I am saying is that £4 for a child admission is too much especially in light that EL promotions generally admit under 11's in for free... THAT'S A FACT!

You obviously don't pay an entry fee so what right do you really have to comment on my initial remark? :blink:

You attitude could reflects poorly on the rider you spanner for...! :wink:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks