British Speedway Forum

Must say, the Polish coverage (despite my total lack of Polish) puts Sky Sports GP coverage to shame. Live studio at both GPs so far, pre-meeting build up including one-on-one interviews with the riders prior to the weekend and during practice. And now post-meeting analysis with Dobrucki and Cegielski. Shame we don't have such extensive coverage in this country. (Awaits the 'be happy we have speedway on tv' brigade... but compare sky's coverage to rugby or football and its not on the same level... whereas the Poles appear to run a very professional and slick looking show for their GP coverage)

Like to see that, is there a link to this on the internet anywhere ?

no not that i know of. I have had a quick look and just gneral text reports from the gp. It might pop up something later but i dont think so.

Must say, the Polish coverage (despite my total lack of Polish) puts Sky Sports GP coverage to shame. Live studio at both GPs so far, pre-meeting build up including one-on-one interviews with the riders prior to the weekend and during practice. And now post-meeting analysis with Dobrucki and Cegielski. Shame we don't have such extensive coverage in this country. (Awaits the 'be happy we have speedway on tv' brigade... but compare sky's coverage to rugby or football and its not on the same level... whereas the Poles appear to run a very professional and slick looking show for their GP coverage)

Totally agree mate and the Lady presenting is very easy on the eye too :wink:

at least sky sports shows it live from the start unlike other public tv broadcasters who stubbornly continues with its 30 min delayed broadcast. At least the commentators are on scene and can do interviews and etc...

at least sky sports shows it live from the start unlike other public tv broadcasters who stubbornly continues with its 30 min delayed broadcast. At least the commentators are on scene and can do interviews and etc...

Polish appears to be about 30 seconds behind Sky, with Cegielski, Dobrucki and the lady trackside as a studio + Adam Scornicki and some other guy in the pits

Polish appears to be about 30 seconds behind Sky, with Cegielski, Dobrucki and the lady trackside as a studio + Adam Scornicki and some other guy in the pits

i think that those shorts delays depends on how you receivw the signal. I have noticed for other events that webradio broadcast is usually some 30-60 seconds behind the tv broadcast (at least tv received via regular tv antenna).

i think that those shorts delays depends on how you receivw the signal. I have noticed for other events that webradio broadcast is usually some 30-60 seconds behind the tv broadcast (at least tv received via regular tv antenna).

Why is Sweden 30 mins behind then (I assume you mean the swedish broadcast)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfBdblbUxY

If anyone wants to watch the Final again.

I'll stick the Pedersen/Walasek incident on YouTube in a minute and come back with the link.

Youngy yer a legend, thanxx heaps. :approve:

(Now hurry up & get that other link on!!) ;)

Well Done Crumpy!!

PS Just watched it again - geez Gollob tried his heart out - great race, great result!!

Edited by BigFatDave

Why is Sweden 30 mins behind then (I assume you mean the swedish broadcast)

Well i dont know. I think they are afraid that they cant fill up the track preparation pauses with anything so they start 30 min later then the gp and edit out the pauses.

Well i dont know. I think they are afraid that they cant fill up the track preparation pauses with anything so they start 30 min later then the gp and edit out the pauses.

IMO it works well, only problem I had is when I took some local Swedes to Kumla, they complained about the breaks in the racing, it doesn't happen on TV. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfBdblbUxY

If anyone wants to watch the Final again.

I'll stick the Pedersen/Walasek incident on YouTube in a minute and come back with the link.

Yes, and that referee wants removing from his responsible position. The idiot need only check his monitor to see walasek was at fault. :angry:

Edited by rearing to go

The next GP is crucial, Leszno is a fantastic track that usually provides great passing and entertainment once the dirt moves out, if that turns out to be slick then I cant understand the point of going to tracks that have good reputations - anyone remember the first Bydgoszcz GP last year

This was a post I logged on the "Czech GP" thread a couple of weeks ago. I am confused by comments from people who are talking about Sky's coverage and the standard of the commentators they use - although the "Millardism" thread was class. Surely Sky are only as good as the racing they are broadcasting, it's no wonder Millard repeats himself every week - the lack of racing leaves him with nothing to comment on.

I was at Cardiff last year, but have no intention of going back - yeah the atmosphere is great, but I want to see the top 16 riders race against each other and so far the GP's have provided very little racing.

Bored, concerned, angry, frustrated.

I love this sport but the people in charge of the GP's are ruining it - it's not funny anymore.