British Speedway Forum

Are there any more riders confirmed for this meeting?

Will --been working on that today. Some confirmations held up as riders waiting to hear off their Polish clubs if they are needed that day as there is a full league programme scheduled. I hope to finalise things in next day or so.

On another matter Will can you contact me about having a Newport v Cradley academy match. Thanks

Edited by Main Man

Will --been working on that today. Some confirmations held up as riders waiting to hear off their Polish clubs if they are needed that day as there is a full league programme scheduled. I hope to finalise things in next day or so.

On another matter Will can you contact me about having a Newport v Cradley academy match. Thanks

Laurence - seeing it is the WELSH open, it would be nice if a WELSH rider or two were invited to participate.

Good to see that we now have a National League meeting on Friday night at Newport before the Grand Prix on the Saturday, it'll be a good relaxing start to a busy weekend, well done to the Malletts for getting this meeting on - a great alternative to the Pairs at Somerset :D

Edited by tanya

What's the Public Transport like to The Meadows - or do I hafta take a cab?

PS Huge Rumour down here that Wato'll be fit for the event.

Edited by BigFatDave

It up to the individual where they go, but there is an alternative to the M5 traffic pre gp night.

The fixture is Newport Hornets v Scunthorpe I believe, I'll check today.

What's the Public Transport like to The Meadows - or do I hafta take a cab?

PS Huge Rumour down here that Wato'll be fit for the event.

I think Wato said last night that he's finding out when he can begin to start riding this week.

There are buses that will take you close to the track but you are better off getting a taxi there.

Edited by tanya

I might try and attend this meeting.

just discovered I can get the train from Newport so it would be rude not to really.........

Tanya where did i imply people didnt have a choice. But im pretty certain there will be far more interest in the best PL pairings than a NL meeting.

Tanya where did i imply people didnt have a choice. But im pretty certain there will be far more interest in the best PL pairings than a NL meeting.

the national league meetings at newport this season have been terrific entertainment, and i reckon theres a good chance would be the most entertaining of the four availble that weekend PL Pairs/NL/GP & Welsh Open

Ok now you are being silly. There is no way the NL meeting is going to be the most exciting from the weekend of speedway.

I might be tempted along to the NL meeting on the Friday night......just a little unsure as I won't have my car and have never been to Newport speedway!

Oh and I will probably be on my own....

To answer the question Snyper, after many hours of travelling from here to Cardiff (via Bury St Edmunds) the last thing I want to do is do battle on the roads to get to Somerset (even though that is another track I've not been to) plus no car to get there anyway.

The Open is a no go due to travelling home.