British Speedway Forum

So 9 days until the British Final and no thread?

I see the line up is

Howe

Complin

Lawson

Ashworth

Kennett

King (Jason)

Richardson

Wright

Nicholls

Woffinden

Harris

Stead

Screen

Bridger

Haines

King

Interesting line up towards the bottom with some riders who are not doing that well at all this seaosn riding. We have Jordan Frampton averaging the same in the EL as Lawson is in the PL for a start! Schramm is also having a storming season and seems to have been over looked. I can only assume Dave Norris doesn't want to be there either. Where are Bunyan and Tully too?

bunyan is a new zealander :wink:

Should a massive crowd for this as poole fans have never had much chance to see many brits over the years .

:D:D

I think you'll find that the only reason the likes of Frampton, Bunyan, Mear, Schramm etc aren't included is because their averages from last season are lower than those of Lawson, Complin, King and Ashworth.

Carl Stonehewer and Chris Neath are the new reserves for this meeting.

Could be the most open final for a good few years with several possible candidates for the title.

Rewind 30 years and no more than 2 or 3 of this field would have qualified (sigh!)

You know what I mean! :wink::rolleyes:

Rewind 30 years and no more than 2 or 3 of this field would have qualified (sigh!)

Rewind 30 years and there was only two or three riders that could go into the corner flatt out. Now most of that line up can ride for four laps flatt out, it will still be a good meeting with scotty coming out on top.

Edited by ROAD CLOSED

bunyan is a new zealander :wink:

And I'm the Queen. Bunyan is British, he is from Milton Keynes.

i am thinking of coming down to the british final,want to stop in poole overnight could someone help me,how far is the premier inn to the stadium thankyou

i am thinking of coming down to the british final,want to stop in poole overnight could someone help me,how far is the premier inn to the stadium thankyou

10 minute walk from the Premier Inn to the Stadium. Get yourself down nice and early, go for a walk down the Quay and get yourself a meal. If its a nice day, you'l love it!. best place in the world to be and live in the summer, assuming we get a summer!!. :lol:

But on the same token, make sure you get to the Stadium in plenty of time if you want a decent seat or vantage point!.

Again, for anybody else venturing down for this meeting, there are plenty of B&B's and the Premier Inn within walking distance of the stadium. If you are coming down by car, again we have a large car park but it does fill very quickly. Alturnativly the Asda car park i think is free after 6.30, and is a 10 minute walk over the road. Asda is 24 hr, so when you come out you can pop in there for a snack.

Alturnativly, we have the champs Bar behind the main Grandstand, superbly now decked out in past riders photos, and the bar prices are very reasonable. Good place to meet for a chat after the meeting!!. Poole is a lovely place, but to take everything in in one day is nigh on imposible, the Dolphin shopping centre the Quay Poole park sandbanks the purbecks Corfe Castle etc!!.

Edited by Starman2006

Bunyan is indeed british, i think he may have won the nz champs a few years back when he went down there for the winter. Might be where the confusion is. Don't quote me on that though!

lets be honest there are no world class riders in this only 2 who think they are 1 who thought he was and 3 who could be.should be a good meeting tho :rolleyes:

Bunyan is indeed british, i think he may have won the nz champs a few years back when he went down there for the winter. Might be where the confusion is. Don't quote me on that though!

He travels over to compete in NZ most winters, his girlfriend is from New Zealand but he isn't.

Should be some good racing here, Just hope one of the young brits comes out on top! Would give them a real boost. :approve: