British Speedway Forum

The reason I came to the conclusion that Harris wasn't the most popular winner was before the final the announcer said who is cheering for .... and both Kennett and Woffinden got a much better reception than Richardson and Harris. Most seemed to be rooting for Woffinden, due to being a youngster not affiliated with Coventry, and then Kennett. Harris was warmly applauded on his win but it certainly wasn't the people's choice of who they would have wanted to lift the title.

A very good meeting overall though.

Strange, because I thought that Bomber's win was very popular in the Stadium and among the Poole supporters with and around us.

Just the usual Shovlar stirring because he rides for Coventry, Pollyanna.

I've been to Poole and I've always thought their fans are very fair, like Ipswich's, and appreciate and applaud visiting riders as well as their own.

I can't imagine why any fan wouldn't like Chris Harris and want him to do well. I'd like to bet he got a good reception when he won the British Final so I'd rather believe you than someone who is known to tell lies just to wind people up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gemini

Steve is right in that kennett and tai got a louder cheer when the lineup for the final was introduced to the crowd. Tai got the loudest!! But bomber did get a good reception when the trophies were handed out but not as loud as i expected as bomber has been one of the most popular away riders at poole in recent years.

WHEN I, at last, watched the meeting on the tv I thought it was really good, the riders were all so determined, the future for british speedway looks bright :D

Congrats to the top 3 and well done to all the riders, british fans can be proud of them all :)

Steve is right in that kennett and tai got a louder cheer when the lineup for the final was introduced to the crowd. Tai got the loudest!! But bomber did get a good reception when the trophies were handed out but not as loud as i expected as bomber has been one of the most popular away riders at poole in recent years.

Not over our side side he didn't :wink:

Not over our side side he didn't :wink:

Well a friend was screaming whenever tai came out, so that may have clouded my judgement! :wink: I was cheering for all of them apart from lee (only cos i wanted to see one of the younger riders get the wildcard, nothing personal against lee!), but when i was cheering for kennett i was getting some crazy looks, like i was insane or something! :shock: .......As if!

Well a friend was screaming whenever tai came out, so that may have clouded my judgement! :wink:

I was cheering for all of them apart from lee (only cos i wanted to see one of the younger riders get the wildcard, nothing personal against lee!),

:lol:I am with you there, although with me it is personal.............!

but when i was cheering for kennett i was getting some crazy looks, like i was insane or something! :shock: .......As if!

You should have been over with us lot, we were not just cheering for Edward, it was all out screaming at some points! :rolleyes:and as it you are insane, although you love of Danes does leave something to be desired! :neutral:

You should have been over with us lot, we were not just cheering for Edward, it was all out screaming at some points! :rolleyes:and as it you are insane, although you love of Danes does leave something to be desired! :neutral:

mmmm the danes.......... :wub:

......right back to the british final, got a bit distracted when you mentioned the danes! :wink::lol: Well done to kennett - be interesting to see how he does at cardiff this year...

You should have been over with us lot, we were not just cheering for Edward, it was all out screaming at some points! :rolleyes::

:rolleyes::lol:

This rider got bigger cheers than this rider.........WTF!! :rolleyes::lol: