Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dublin duke

Kenny Carter

I concur Jez, although this horse has been beat to death, no matter how things turned out, horrible as it was, this is about Kenny the Racer. No excuse at all for the terrible thing he did, but he was a determined racer who put his whole being at the time into his racing. He was a hard little man with true grit. He was a tough a speedway racer who ever came down the pike. No one can forget the terrible things that happened, and no forgiveness expected, but man what a racers heart. Sandman

Can the jury retire on this one please.

I didnt know kenny but I DO know his kids and they do not need to be reminded of what their father did.

since this thread is in the speedway section and not in the general discussions can we try and stick to speedway please?

Krissie, We are talking about Speedway, that is the point.... Sandman :?

jblanch69 - what utter rubbish,

none of us are free from guilt,
- correct.

do we all resort to killing if things don't go our way, not in the real world I inhabit!

Whatever this man achieved in his racing career, (what, exactly is debatable), the one thing he will & should be remembered for is what he did to his wife.

If he had not then took his own life, what would peoples opinion of him be today?

Its about time people stopped eulogising this man as some sort of speedway demi god & saw him for what he was.

How many times does it need to be said???

Talk about the speedway.

I'm sure you know nothing about what actually happened so why voice an opinion on it?

Kenny was a great rider - what happened was terrible but is none of my business or for me to judge so I keep my mouth shut.

Some of you should perhaps try it sometime.

MODERATOR: I think we'll end this discussion out of respect for the Carter family