British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Under 15 Round 3 --weymouth . Sat 13th June

I will unfortunately miss round 3 at Weymouth on Saturday as I am away on the northern tour with Newport at Workington --I wish all the boys all the best and hope that the way we have run the first two rounds will continue for round 3 without me there to get you lined up one race before you are due out!! :wink:

current standings :

250cc :

Jt 1st : Brendan Freemantle & Robert Lambert 34 pts

3rd : Nathan Stoneman 26 pts

4th : Reece Downes 24 pts

5th : Jack Cornes & Adam Portwood 22pts

7th : Tyler Govier 16 pts

8th : Jack Jones 15 pts

9th : Steven Archer 14 pts

10th : Daniel Sibson 9 pts

500 cc :

1st : Josh Dingle 34 pts

2nd : Kyle Howarth 30 pts

3rd : Darryl Ritchings 27 pts

4th : Daniel I'Anson 24 pts

5th : Tom Stokes 23 pts

6th : Ashley Morris 21 pts

7th : Jack Butler & Adam Kirby & Cameron Hoskins 17 pts

Line-up at Weymouth :

250's :

15 Reece DOWNES

9 Daniel SIBSON

13 Nathan STONEMAN

2 Jack CORNES

3 Brandon FREEMANTLE

5 Robert LAMBERT

1 Adam PORTWOOD

7 Steven ARCHER

11 Jack JONES

500's :

10 Daniel I'ANSON

14 Cameron HOSKINS

6 Darryl RITCHINGS

8 Ashley MORRIS

17 Kyle HOWARTH

20 Jack BUTLER

16 Adam KIRBY

4 Josh DINGLE

19 Tom STOKES

Both sections have semi-finals and finals this time.

GOOD LUCK LADS .....Laurence Rogers

Edited by Main Man

Thanks main man myself love weymouth and cant wait to try and get some decent points on the board

See you all at weymouth.

Edited by steven101

Just a quick note to congratulate Adam Kirby on winning his semi-final and getting into the final (I got a text from his clearly very proud Dad this morning).

I am not sure what young Mr Kirby has been drinking recently, but I need a couple of pints because his improvement in the last few weeks has been spectacular. If he keeps going at this rate, I can seriously see him pulling on a Fen Tigers race jacket next season.

Well done, Adam. :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting, from start to finish.

Bin :wink:

Just a quick note to congratulate Adam Kirby on winning his semi-final and getting into the final (I got a text from his clearly very proud Dad this morning).

I am not sure what young Mr Kirby has been drinking recently, but I need a couple of pints because his improvement in the last few weeks has been spectacular. If he keeps going at this rate, I can seriously see him pulling on a Fen Tigers race jacket next season.

Well done, Adam. :approve:

How did he get on in the final of a field that finished with 5 riders :rolleyes:

What a wake up call for the BSPA/SCB or whoever owns the development of riders in the UK?

This isn't a dig at any of the young riders that are taking place in the series but if anyone wished to assess the prospects for British speedway in the future, the lack of riders competing in the premier event for U15 riders tells the tale and has to spur on a development programme to bring on more riders.

We have some good riders coming through but judging by past history, a 50 to 60% drop out rate at this level is not unusual and will mean that teams in the future will be struggling for BRITISH riders. We can't allow the likes of Dan Greenwood to drop out after he became U15 champion without putting up a fight to keep him going. I am actually sick of reading about yet another Australian prospect landing on our shores, and everyone raving about his performance. Let's start raving about British riders but don't kick them in the teeth when they suddenly start to slow on development eg Josh Auty last year. Lets give them the support they need through coaching and general support on how to manage the business of becoming a top class professional speedway rider.

Come on BSPA put in the development programme which gives continued support to the youngsters and don't just leave it up to the likes of Scunthorpe and one or two others to do your work for you. Do it now before it is too late.

Great posting great central you hit the nail on its head but would like to say that dan quit due to personal reasons and nothing else but do agree we shouldn t be losing lads, jolly rodger I hope your postings aren t a dig at young adam cause at least he turned up and also lasted the distance and I think if you had been in a crash like the ones that had to pull out where you d do the same, I will say that it was a good track and the meeting run smoothly and I would like to thank weymouth in fact all the tracks that are putting rounds on this year.

What a wake up call for the BSPA/SCB or whoever owns the development of riders in the UK?

This isn't a dig at any of the young riders that are taking place in the series but if anyone wished to assess the prospects for British speedway in the future, the lack of riders competing in the premier event for U15 riders tells the tale and has to spur on a development programme to bring on more riders.

We have some good riders coming through but judging by past history, a 50 to 60% drop out rate at this level is not unusual and will mean that teams in the future will be struggling for BRITISH riders. We can't allow the likes of Dan Greenwood to drop out after he became U15 champion without putting up a fight to keep him going. I am actually sick of reading about yet another Australian prospect landing on our shores, and everyone raving about his performance. Let's start raving about British riders but don't kick them in the teeth when they suddenly start to slow on development eg Josh Auty last year. Lets give them the support they need through coaching and general support on how to manage the business of becoming a top class professional speedway rider.

Come on BSPA put in the development programme which gives continued support to the youngsters and don't just leave it up to the likes of Scunthorpe and one or two others to do your work for you. Do it now before it is too late.

As always Great Central your almost uniquely held serious concern about the lack of youngsters is correct and it would seem that this has aroused the attention of the powers that be and I quote below an important announcement copied from the BSPA official website which needs maximum publicity.

There are far too many foregners in the sport at present and this seems to be seeping into the National League which must be protected from the over use of anyone who will not be eligible or willing to race for Great Britain if required.

The British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) are staging a training week next month – starting at Scunthorpe on Tuesday, July 14.

A range of bikes will be available along with a host of racing equipment – and it’s free of charge!

Applicants should be under the age of 21 and a degree of motorcycling experience from other disciplines would be welcome.

BSPA Chairman Peter Toogood said: “We want to make the sport more accessible, particularly to youngsters from other motorcycle sports.

“This is an exciting initiative and further days are planned later that week at Buxton.”

Meanwhile Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We've got a unique facility that's open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week that's begging to be used for this kind of event.”

Applications should be made by e-mail to the BSPA office: office@britishspeedway.plus.com and the postal address: British Speedway Promoters’ Association, ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, Warwickshire CV21 2YX.

I hope that this scheme is successful and I am pleased that it is taking place. I hope that it is the forerunner of many more opportunities from cities as far apart as Glasgow and Plymouth.

For the longer term I intend to do all that I can to help the cause of younger riders in the National League as and where this is practicable at National League Administrative Meetings/AGM's etc and we must all try and improve the opportunities available for new riders. Without a massive influx of youngsters we will not have growth and that is essential to also grow our public support generally. At Buxton yesterday I was looking at the number of people who were at Stoke the previous evening, We must get more people and give them even better entertainment. The rush of some to get home on match amazes me I would be happy to reman at Scunthorpe until midnight after a match to gain a new rider.

Malcolm Vasey

jolly rodger I hope your postings aren t a dig at young adam cause at least he turned up and also lasted the distance and I think if you had been in a crash like the ones that had to pull out where you d do the same,

I just fail to see how any Dad can get excited about his Son finishing 4th out of 5

Great posting great central you hit the nail on its head but would like to say that dan quit due to personal reasons and nothing else but do agree we shouldn t be losing lads, jolly rodger I hope your postings aren t a dig at young adam cause at least he turned up and also lasted the distance and I think if you had been in a crash like the ones that had to pull out where you d do the same, I will say that it was a good track and the meeting run smoothly and I would like to thank weymouth in fact all the tracks that are putting rounds on this year.

looking at the turnout for Weymouth 500's. 9 entries and as I wasn't there 2 non starters included? could there be room for some others who just missed the cut because of their age, but need the experience, there must be some kids out there who would love a spin and try and get themselves noticed.would raising it 1 year to u16's be too much to ask as they are still kids.

surely the fans want to see 4 riders in a race.

also I understand the current climate might have an effect on some but surely missing one practise session to go to the british u 15's would be better

No mention of the winner?? sounds familiar