Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Under 15 Round 3 --weymouth . Sat 13th June

.We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate ashl and robert on winning there respective finals you both deserved it and ALL other riders who made it such a good day,and dont you think this is what we should be talking about.

Read my last posting very slowly :shock: and you might notice that i have posted exactly what you have just said :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes we did read your comment carefully,you hit the nail on the head your dad was proud of you playing football,did you play for man utd,liverpool,newcastle no i think not but he was still proud of every kick you made.

Sadly its a no but i have played on all their grounds and earnt a living out of the game for almost 10yrs :approve:

This season is the worst turn out in the 500cc as some decent young riders have left the sport for other things.

But i hope you all enjoy it :neutral:

Read my original post very slowly :rolleyes: i was not picking on any kid just commenting on a Dad who gets excited

because his Son comes 4th in the final.

I remember one Under 15 Champion who never collected any trophy other than the winners .

I wish all kids taking part in this event the very best of luck and stay safe but having seen many a Dad living his dream in junior speedway i find your comments really funny :shock:

coming from sum1 who i think used to post as christophers dad thats quite an accusation and twice as sad

well done to ALL the youngsters who at a tender young age have mastered the bikes enough to even take part in the meeting and ALL their parents/fathers can justly feel proud and excited at what their kids have acheived

Weymouth speedway staged the third round of the Great British Under 15s Championship last weekend which saw eleven year Robert Lambert land the spoils in the 250cc class and fifteen year old Ashley Morris was victorious in the 500cc class. There was some very lively action from the future stars of British speedway and several race times were on par with the National League times. Phil Bartlett, Wildcats promoter said “All the lads rode their hearts out and should all be very proud of themselves. There was some cracking racing and all the riders conducted themselves admirably and were a credit to themselves and British speedway. It was nice to see local lad Daniel I’Anson who did very well coming third in the 500cc Class.”

This Friday the Bournemouth Buccaneers visit the Wessex Bus Raceway for the first leg of the second round of the Knock-Out Cup. After the Wildcats disappointing display at Wimborne Road last month, the Wildcats will hope to avenge their twenty point defeat and put themselves in a strong position for the second leg.

Team Manager, Jem Dicken said, “This is going to be one of the meetings of the season with a big crowd expected. Bournemouth are one of the favorites for most of the National League competitions along with ourselves. However, I am confident that we have enough strength to build up a big enough lead to take to their place next month.”

Dicken added “The league match at Bournemouth was a one off for us, you can cope with one, maybe two riders having problems, but we had six of the team really struggling. Only Lee Smart rode anywhere near his potential, but take nothing away from the Buccaneers they did their job and did it well.”

The meeting sees several old faces return to the Wessex Bus Raceway. Jay Herne, Kyle Newman and Danny Warwick have all donned the Wildcats race jacket in the past so will be looking to use their knowledge of the circuit to their advantage.

Line up

Weymouth Wildcats

1 Lee Smart

2 Matt Wright

3 Tim Webster

4 James Cockle

5 Mark Burrows

6 Terry Day

7 James White Williams

Bournemouth Buccaneers

1 Danny Warwick

2 Andrew Aldridge

3 Jay Herne

4 Mark Baseby

5 Kyle Newman

6 Aaron Baseby

7 A.N Other

Official Press Release by Julie Martin

Weymouth Wildcats Press Officer

Tel 07967221475

Wildcats Weymouth Limited

www.wildcatsweymouth.co.uk

Main Team Sponsor - Doonans Sand and Gravel

Supported by Wessex Bus

coming from sum1 who i think used to post as christophers dad thats quite an accusation and twice as sad

I have never posted as Christophers Dad and who the hell is Christopher :rolleyes:

I think you mean me, :shock: my Chris quit because he was intelligent enough to realise he was only invited to make up

the numbers and would never make a good living out of playing being a speedway rider. :approve:

Also the day he was happy finishing 2nd made my mind up, mind you that was out of 4 :lol:

Edited by andy james

Sadly its a no but i have played on all their grounds and earnt a living out of the game for almost 10yrs :approve:

This season is the worst turn out in the 500cc as some decent young riders have left the sport for other things.

But i hope you all enjoy it :neutral:

With people like you "Dissing" their parents reactions and there riding you can't wonder they have left the sport. You really have to be thick skinned to be able to carry on sometimes. Who did you play football for? Do we know them? Not Acrington Stanley or some equal team? You know everyone you have spoke against on here, but you hide behind a nickname, very grown up and mature. I'm sorry but until you use your real name or even better introduce your self to us all, your comments should be deleted.

With people like you "Dissing" their parents reactions and there riding you can't wonder they have left the sport. You really have to be thick skinned to be able to carry on sometimes. Who did you play football for? Do we know them? Not Acrington Stanley or some equal team? You know everyone you have spoke against on here, but you hide behind a nickname, very grown up and mature. I'm sorry but until you use your real name or even better introduce your self to us all, your comments should be deleted.

I know none of the the people i have laughed at on here but tell me who you played professional football for and i will tell you my team is your real name p, boro lad :rolleyes:

you beat me to it peterbourgh lad i wandered what his real name is and if we had heard of him or have you just visited each pitch or even been just a ball boy jolly rodger.I think your on here just to wind every one up because you obviously dont knpw anything about junior speedway else you would know theres more than one in the national league already.

How did he get on in the final of a field that finished with 5 riders :rolleyes:

Done well then out of a field of 5 that actually finished

Yes i would be excited also :lol: :lol:

Read my original post very slowly :rolleyes:i was not picking on any kid just commenting on a Dad who gets excited

because his Son comes 4th in the final.

Are you ?

Or are you mocking a very young speedway riders efforts out on the track ?

Difficult to tell that from those posts so I suggest that in future you make yourself clear in future or keep your facetious remarks to yourself :angry:

I know none of the the people i have laughed at on here but tell me who you played professional football for and i will tell you my team is your real name p, boro lad :rolleyes:

Still avoiding the question then! I think that knowing nothing about you or football, as you know nothing about racing a speedway bike or the riders, my opinion is that it was a sunday morning/pub league team that was "the strongest team in the league" (holding everyone else up) and you spent all your time on the bench fetching the half time refreshments for the real players, in that case then.

And i bet your Dad is proud of you, picking on kids on an internet forum.

Your attitude is poor mate, you should take a good look at yourself if you take enjoyment from upsetting others. What can you possibly get from posting something like that where you know the kid and his family will read it? Keep your ignorant views to yourself.

I rode when i was Adam's age, i was never as good as these lads but me and my Dad enjoyed every second of it. He would regularly drive us to Long Eaton after work on a Wednesday night, sometimes just to get 4 laps, we didn't get home until the early hours and he was back at work at 6 am.

The parents of these lads put so much into it, they deserve to celebrate their achievements and don't need miserable sods like you spoiling it.

Keep going for it Adam, don't let anyone spoil your enjoyment.

Well said :approve:

At the very least those comments are ambiguous.

Adam started as a novice last season and only rode his first competitive race in March this year, so the fact that he is starting to beat opponents on the track shows how much he is improving and, having watched him last season and this, that improvement seems to be coming on week by week.

I'd say any parent watching their son undertake a sport like speedway is right to be proud of them, whatever place they finish and for my own part I am proud to be associated with Adam and his family, although I am not certain about a name like 'moosetash 64' :D

years ago i used to have a moustache(and hair)my car no was 64when i raced .I must say i dont know where the sport would be without people like laurence, nikko and halifax tiger that gives all the encouragement,knowledge and time to the likes of adam and many more.

As always Great Central your almost uniquely held serious concern about the lack of youngsters is correct and it would seem that this has aroused the attention of the powers that be and I quote below an important announcement copied from the BSPA official website which needs maximum publicity.

There are far too many foregners in the sport at present and this seems to be seeping into the National League which must be protected from the over use of anyone who will not be eligible or willing to race for Great Britain if required.

For the longer term I intend to do all that I can to help the cause of younger riders in the National League as and where this is practicable at National League Administrative Meetings/AGM's etc and we must all try and improve the opportunities available for new riders. Without a massive influx of youngsters we will not have growth and that is essential to also grow our public support generally. At Buxton yesterday I was looking at the number of people who were at Stoke the previous evening, We must get more people and give them even better entertainment. The rush of some to get home on match amazes me I would be happy to reman at Scunthorpe until midnight after a match to gain a new rider.

Malcolm Vasey

Of course you are right Malcolm! Improvements have been seen I believe this season with youngsters being given more track time, especially at National League tracks. Following Scunthorpe's lead Mildenhall, Kings Lynn and Rye House have all had full second halves or Academy matches whenever i've been in attendance, but this must only be the start. At Mildenhall now these second halves are a regular event more people are staying on to support the youngsters and this can only be a good thing.

The question the BSPA should / must be asking themselves is why there are only 18 riders in the two U15 events this season! This Championship should be over subscribed not scratching around looking for enough riders to compete? Why is it that the seven rounds of the U15 Championships this season are all held at tracks with National League teams, bar Northside training track?? Ipswich for example, have had a recent fixture gap, but did they show an interest in holding a round, no of course not, their interest is elsewhere, Poland mainly! Perhaps a little harsh, but the point is there!

Late last season Kings Lynn put on a junior fixture against a Rye House team, and I can honestly say it was one of the best meetings of the season. There was alot of discussion at the time that the BSPA should strongly encourage every track to hold one of these meetings each season, sadly what followers of the sport could see the BSPA could not. Surely this would not be too much to ask?

Some clubs would be concerned that they may lose money due to small crowds but surely this is where the BSPA could support the clubs with a little Sky money to put on such events. The value to the lads who competed was clear for all to see, and maybe youngsters thinking about taking up the sport would be more encouraged if they could see regular opportunities on the speedway calendar.

If anyone has any doubts of the value of such meetings or second halves, I'd put forward Adam Kirby and Tom Stokes, two young riders who I have seen improve considerably through receiving proper track time in a racing environment rather than the odd spin after a meeting.

Too many tracks seem happier flying in a young Aussie or Pole, than making a real effort to seek future team members from their local area.

Already after only 2 months we are seeing National League team/s seeking young Commonwealth riders with patriality, so they can bring them in as 3 point reserves :angry: . Surely the reserve slots in National League sides MUST be for young british riders, because if those positions are blocked what chance have the youngsters got entering the sport!!!!!

Edited by PhilK

Are you ?

Or are you mocking a very young speedway riders efforts out on the track ?

Difficult to tell that from those posts so I suggest that in future you make yourself clear in future or keep your facetious remarks to yourself :angry:

Read my posts very very slowly and you will realise with help possibly :rolleyes: i was not mocking any speedway rider.

I could not have made it any clearer in fact i high lighted one posting in bold print.

Do they have Specsavers oop North? :lol: if yes i suggest you take a visit