British Speedway Forum
johnb

Riders Who Never Made It?

2 hours ago, Andy Downes said:

I've briefly skimmed the back pages and only I name of this rider 

The Kid's name - Keith Millard.

Aactually, I mentioned Keith a few pages back!

Thing is, he does stand out from a lot of other similar riders. It wasn't just that he had potential, but he gave some remarkable performances that showed that he SHOULD have done so much better. It was disturbing to see someone that capable go backwards that quickly. As good he was, he was never able to even really establish himself as a consistently reliable performer in the lower tier, let alone at the top level.

Steve

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Aactually, I mentioned Keith a few pages back!

Thing is, he does stand out from a lot of other similar riders. It wasn't just that he had potential, but he gave some remarkable performances that showed that he SHOULD have done so much better. It was disturbing to see someone that capable go backwards that quickly. As good he was, he was never able to even really establish himself as a consistently reliable performer in the lower tier, let alone at the top level.

Steve

Keith Millard was a similar build to Mike Lee & not unlike Lee in style on the bike. I think he was British under 21 champion? last time I heard he was living on the Isle of Man. Defiantly wasted his talent I think.....   

9 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Keith Millard was a similar build to Mike Lee & not unlike Lee in style on the bike. I think he was British under 21 champion? last time I heard he was living on the Isle of Man. Defiantly wasted his talent I think.....   

Perhaps Keith Millard found there were/indeed are more important things to life than being a speedway rider?