British Speedway Forum
johnb

Riders Who Never Made It?

Thankfully it wont be long before Gustix becomes too fried in the head he won’t know how to turn a PC on. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, chunky said:

As I mentioned on another thread, surely the better performances should merit the rewards, rather than making it a lottery. I have no problem with "second chance" events, but when one rider can win six out of seven races, and can easily get beaten by a rider who wins ONE out of seven races, I think that is a little extreme...

I didn't think you cared about the points scoring system... as you mentioned on another thread? ;)

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I didn't think you cared about the points scoring system... as you mentioned on another thread? ;)

I don't care about who the "winners and losers" were when comparing different points systems from different years...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, cinderfella said:

How often have we seen a rider go through his 5 programmed rides unbeaten then lose in a final? (Ex Richie Worrall at PLRC at Glasgow a few years ago)
Never liked meetings with 2nd chance saloon.

and alternatively, Glen Cunningham only qualified for the final of the Premier League Championship at Sheffield with 9 points, and ended up the Champion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

and alternatively, Glen Cunningham only qualified for the final of the Premier League Championship at Sheffield with 9 points, and ended up the Champion.

As did Peter Carr at Coventry in 1997, I'm only aware of this fact as I recently looked up something in the meeting proggie.....

Edited by martinmauger
added info, then spelling

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Cunningham was the top man that season was he not ?

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Cunningham was the top man that season was he not ?

No Nicki Pedersen was,think Cunningham was 5th in the averages

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soupy said:

No Nicki Pedersen was,think Cunningham was 5th in the averages

Was it 1997 then with Reading he was top

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Was it 1997 then with Reading he was top

...and, of course, started his career at Cowley riding as reserve in the main team (shared duties with Spencer Timmo) and the junior team.