British Speedway Forum

I think there are one,maybe a few rumours going round about Emil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .I hope all these rumours are unfounded as he looks to be something special

The whole system could get rid of all the rumours if they actually did make some seriously technical controls of the bikes.

Rumours also says that the FIM is not really interested in doing a proper control in fear of what they might discover.

Why is it that the scandals from the bicycle world is OK, but none is acceptable in the Speedway world ? ?

Think Scott has changed tuner to Flemming Graversen from Marcel Gerhard. Looked more on the pace with more power and speed and actually beat 2 finalists -Iversen and Hancock before winning his last race.

Yes he certainly looked better last night.

It was my first visit to Copenhagen and although the racing might have been better I enjoyed being at Parken. Copenhagen is a most enjoyable place to visit for the weekend and it was also nice to see so many other fans travelling out yesterday and coming back this evening.

Edited by WembleyLion

Well done crumpy, only injury will stop his march to a third title.

The whole system could get rid of all the rumours if they actually did make some seriously technical controls of the bikes.

Rumours also says that the FIM is not really interested in doing a proper control in fear of what they might discover.

Why is it that the scandals from the bicycle world is OK, but none is acceptable in the Speedway world ? ?

I dont see that as an issue as it would be easy to make it known to all and sundry that Cardiff would see the start of a new and persistent policy.................

Most things return to a question of money..... and I wonder whether any kind of system of sustained checks were ever factored into the budget............. i'm sure it would be tempting to save the money especially if on the surface the 'spectacle' of the competition is intact...........

again for me it comes down to the integrity of the competition because it is after all of course the Speedway World Championship and the winner's name goes down next to the greats of the past............. this should imo mean that it is a priority to make sure that no chucked mud is going to stick on someone....... but also that anyone cheating wont get away with it

once again the the running of the competition needs to be as professional as the presentation

p.s. Scott Nicholls was one of the few riders to make a clean pass after the first couple of bends

Edited by spook

Glad the classless cabbage muncher touched the tapes. :approve:

You mystify me.. :shock: You defend the GPs even though they are the dullest as dishwater things ever created. Then a new young, brilliant rider comes along, more worth seeing than the rest of the lot put together; and you post an appalling comment like this.. :mad:

So come on then, why would ANYONE be happy that the BEST rider (by some distance) in the field - who'd already won the meeting under proper rules - be denied a place in the Final..? Coz I can't think of even one rational reason why anyone who cares about the sport would think that!!!! :angry:

You mystify me.. :shock: You defend the GPs even though they are the dullest as dishwater things ever created. Then a new young, brilliant rider comes along, more worth seeing than the rest of the lot put together; and you post an appalling comment like this.. :mad:

So come on then, why would ANYONE be happy that the BEST rider (by some distance) in the field - who'd already won the meeting under proper rules - be denied a place in the Final..? Coz I can't think of even one rational reason why anyone who cares about the sport would think that!!!! :angry:

ok i'll have a crack at this Parsloes.... but let it be known before I do that I like the GP's as a format as much as I used to like the world final and the road to it

its as simple as once we had gone beyond the 20 heats and Emil wasnt declared the winner under the old rules that a tapes exclusion is a tapes exclusion....... be it in the semi or final we all know that that is that................. im not sure that I understand why once you have aknowledged the semi finals leading to final process you are saying that anyone touching a tape in the semi deserves a place in the final :blink:

Imo the gp's are a much more media friendly and marketable creature and as a fan I would never criticise those running the sport for trying to make the best of those things.......... however great efforts should be made to keep the magic of the world championship, to keep fairness and integrity, and to enable any rider wishing to enter the qualification process to do so............

The qualification process is slowly expanding year on year but imo it still isnt enough.... the road to the world final was speedway's equivelant of the FA Cup........ the minnows as low as 2nd division reserves could enter and as we know on occasion the minnows did very well with guys like Carl Stonehewer going all the way........................... there were also upsets along the way with expected riders not qualifying..... the world champion not qualifying and other greats also missing out................

I believe this is possibly the biggest reason for the older riders having the competition in a stranglehold throughout this decade ....... for every season they stay in the top 8 there is another sponsor gained and more chance of keeping the best tuners amongst them............... if they were made to qualify and failed to get through theoretically it could start spreading the money around a bit more and keep the competition more fresh

What are you on about, Parsloes? :blink: The best rider did win, didn't he? :approve:

Unless you want a special dispensation for your favourites written into the rules the bloke who wins the Final wins the Meeting.

What are you on about, Parsloes? :blink: The best rider did win, didn't he? :approve:

Unless you want a special dispensation for your favourites written into the rules the bloke who wins the Final wins the Meeting.

perhaps they should introduce the 15m rule for tape exclusions?

what a shame i had to sit through 20 heats of rubbish to watch the semis and then nothiong happend.

to quote the bbc cooking programme "it doesnt get much easier than this"

i agree with the Gp format, but they have to be better than this, its like watching F1 at the moment and god thats boring.

thank the heavens for streaming polish Tv, but would hate to have paid skly for that rubbish!

Think Scott has changed tuner to Flemming Graversen from Marcel Gerhard. Looked more on the pace with more power and speed and actually beat 2 finalists -Iversen and Hancock before winning his last race.

Whatever set up Scotty had by the end of the night showed he can still mix it with the best. The writing was on the wall after he got his first point in the meeting on saturday, he looked sharper, more on the pace, clearly with a racing head on rather than processional head on and his last heat win manouveres were divine.

I too would love to see Tai in the GP's and actually whilst taking nothing away from Messrs Richardson Bridger & Kennett, still think in Scotty we have a real good racer with a few years of entertainment left in him.

To all of you slaggers off of Scotty out there, as I have said before on this forum, a guy does not normally become a bad rider overnight particularly when injuries are not the issue. I wish half the forum displayed as much positiveness as Nigel Pearson does for all of our British riders. Bet half of you lot couldn't ride a rev n go 50cc let alone throw one of these things around sideways.

All I can say is that I still hope the air horns sound for him at Cardiff. It is his type of track and occasion, just right to get his racing back up to Scotty standard.

Now all of those knockers out there should now log off out of the forum and get back to your playstations and X boxes, bet you're brilliant on them as well!!!!

Whatever set up Scotty had by the end of the night showed he can still mix it with the best. The writing was on the wall after he got his first point in the meeting on saturday, he looked sharper, more on the pace, clearly with a racing head on rather than processional head on and his last heat win manouveres were divine.

I too would love to see Tai in the GP's and actually whilst taking nothing away from Messrs Richardson Bridger & Kennett, still think in Scotty we have a real good racer with a few years of entertainment left in him.

To all of you slaggers off of Scotty out there, as I have said before on this forum, a guy does not normally become a bad rider overnight particularly when injuries are not the issue. I wish half the forum displayed as much positiveness as Nigel Pearson does for all of our British riders. Bet half of you lot couldn't ride a rev n go 50cc let alone throw one of these things around sideways.

All I can say is that I still hope the air horns sound for him at Cardiff. It is his type of track and occasion, just right to get his racing back up to Scotty standard.

Now all of those knockers out there should now log off out of the forum and get back to your playstations and X boxes, bet you're brilliant on them as well!!!!

he hasnt become a bad rider overnite in the gp. he has always been :lol:

he hasnt become a bad rider overnite in the gp. he has always been :lol:

How do you quantify bad?? So who else over the past four years would you have said would have done better?

To me getting top 8/9 finishes consistently over the past few years and being the genuine 'top Brit around' makes the other British contenders what??

Surely clanger should have been written in this font ?????

SORRY!! :)

CLANGER :wink:

Hope that is OK for you. I wont let it happen again. :lol:

To stop any big engine arguements they should test top 4 after every GP.

Easy done when engines pre drilled and sealed for this. If rider is in GP he would know that this would be required and have it done beforehand.

Test can be done at the track and everyones a winner

How do you quantify bad?? So who else over the past four years would you have said would have done better?

To me getting top 8/9 finishes consistently over the past few years and being the genuine 'top Brit around' makes the other British contenders what??

quite easy really. he gets beaten by all the other riders. iam not on about english riders but all riders in g.p. he might be the best english rider but on the gp stage he has been awful for many years. the odd good race followed by loads a bad ones.

I find the whole 'scotty thing' a difficult one............. I want him to do well.... I can see that he has it in him.....I clearly remember him having it in him....... although it has been a decline over the last 5 years it has only been slight.... until this season anyway

gating and machinery aside his biggest issue is his on track decisions and they havent been good on the whole for a number of seasons now................ check saturdays recording and notice how despite his bikes being much more on the pace he made some glaring errors in the first couple of bends........... if his decisions had been better he could easily have been in the semi

Bet half of you lot couldn't ride a rev n go 50cc let alone throw one of these things around sideways.

lol wish I had a squid for everytime someone has said these in the past..... as pointless today as they have ever been