British Speedway Forum

Tiger I am sorry if it came across that I was implying certain riders were involved in the fighting I wasn't, it was just really aimed at the way they were acting throughout the meeting and conducting themselves and making it less enjoyable for others due to the amount of alcohol consumed. I have since deleted names and that was maybe not something to do and I hold my hands up for that.

As for Ben Barker I will not apologise, to sit there having an argument with and elderly gentleman was a disgrace, and then to give a load of mouth to the stewards is poor especially as this guy is seen to be one of the future british prospects.

I am not objective to people having a few beers and enjoying themselves far from it, but last night in terms of alcohol was a disgrace.

Guest thetiger2799
No defense for mr Barker then .

Sorry, I basically just copied and pasted that post from the one I posted on the Glasgow Speedway forum which only mentioned the riders I was defending...

As for Ben Barker, He was in the aisle with the boy from Newport who SPAT on the Polish fans. He actually went from that row to the row in front to get away from the Charging Polish man and the adults with the young boy...

..at this point the adults dragged the young boy foward and Ben was then smack bang in the middle of it...

..The next thing I remember is Jamie Robertson barking orders to my mate John to "get him out of there" To which my mate John, Gaz and another Gentleman from behind us grabbed him and basically pulled him by the arms and shoulders over three rows of chairs..

Then that was when the four English fans ran down and started throwing punches.

As for the drunk Poles at speedway... to be honest I think that Poles and Brits have an equally bad reputation when it comes to sport & alcohol consumption :rolleyes:

Sport in general maybe but not at speedway.

Just get someone to kick the rubbish out of the "Jam rolls"

Hmmmm very grown up.

They are still taking away plastic bottles of anything (soft drinks & water) claiming it is for health & safety reasons and also got told that they would confiscate food if we'd had that as well.

They never even searched me ...... wish I'd taken my little (plastic) water bottle (yes filled with vodka) in with me.

Coat got soaked in Beer by a dippy, tipsy blonde bird behind

I would just like to say I had No one in front of me so not taking the blame for this one lol

Until last night, I had never experience a problem at Cardiff with any nationality and had in fact had a good laugh with the Poles many times. After it kicked off last night and subsequently settled down I had a tap on the shoulder an had this big Pole bearing over me, he held out his hand and apologised for the Poles and said he only wanted to have a drink and support his guys, I shook his hand and then another Pole leaned over and did the same.

We've never had a problem with the Poles either always enjoyed good banter with them but having said general sense of opinion is that they did seem a bit aggresive this year.

How many days until cardiff?! :lol:

376 :approve:

No defense for mr Barker then .

I was just thinking the same, I spoke to him at the hotel and he gave his version of events, a forum members name was mentioned so maybe if they could post their version of events then this could clear Bens name :wink: When I told him what I heard had happened he said oh great my name is going to be all over the forum tomorrow for this.

Could be worse Ben you could be getting slated for calling certain ex-riders "Has Beens" :lol:

Loyal Royal you were about where we were and thought the same when they unravelled that humongous flag but they behaved and enjoyed the racing as much as anyone else where we were ..... the drunken Brits in front of them were bad for goading as we all noticed that as well but the Poles dismissed it 10/10 to them

Sorry, I basically just copied and pasted that post from the one I posted on the Glasgow Speedway forum which only mentioned the riders I was defending...

As for Ben Barker, He was in the aisle with the boy from Newport who SPAT on the Polish fans. He actually went from that row to the row in front to get away from the Charging Polish man and the adults with the young boy...

..at this point the adults dragged the young boy foward and Ben was then smack bang in the middle of it...

..The next thing I remember is Jamie Robertson barking orders to my mate John to "get him out of there" To which my mate John, Gaz and another Gentleman from behind us grabbed him and basically pulled him by the arms and shoulders over three rows of chairs..

He duth protestith to much. :blink:

i have to admit i would ban the alcohol been brought in to the seating areas we paid a lot of money for seats and i was fed up totaly with one middle aged blad headed fellow sitting two rows behind us he carried like a spoilt 4 year old and the amount of drink he put away would have floted a battle ship .

and his partner/wife/ daughter thought he was been a smart arse.

and as for my new shoes forget there in a bin in cardiff ruined by drink we did not even put our handbags on the floor this year.

just held them the whole meeting ..

hope there is changes next year but i doubt it after all they will want to make as much money as possible . :neutral:

I did'nt really expect a defense for Barker as he more than likely told the young lad to spit on the Poles . I certainly would not have "got him out of there" I would have left him to get what will come to him and his hangers on sooner or later .

I was just thinking the same, I spoke to him at the hotel and he gave his version of events, a forum members name was mentioned so maybe if they could post their version of events then this could clear Bens name. When I told him what I heard had happened he said oh great my name is going to be all over the forum tomorrow for this.

Come off it shazzy; that's a very selective version of what Ben said back at the hotel. :blink:

If what he said what true then he deserves everything that he gets. I wasn't going to post anything about this, but I'm not having you make out that he was a saint when quite clearly he wasn't. :rolleyes:

I did'nt really expect a defense for Barker as he more than likely told the young lad to spit on the Poles . I certainly would not have "got him out of there" I would have left him to get what will come to him and his hangers on sooner or later .

I didn't see Mr Barker involved in the ruptions, I saw him having out with the elderly gentale towards the end of the meeting, that was the issue with him from my point of view, not the fighting part.

Come off it shazzy; that's a very selective version of what Ben said back at the hotel. :blink:

If what he said what true then he deserves everything that he gets. I wasn't going to post anything about this, but I'm not having you make out that he was a saint when quite clearly he wasn't. :rolleyes:

I never saw you at the Lodge Seb????? Did I :blink:

Edited by shazzybird

I'll be another one to say the drinking was out of control. The language coming from some of the really hammered ones was bad especially when there were children in the stands. I for one would never take children to the meeting if that continued again in future.

As far as spillages, one poor woman fell over on spilt beer. I wouldn't blame if she sued as on that concrete she could of easily broken her back.

They never even searched me ...... wish I'd taken my little (plastic) water bottle (yes filled with vodka) in with me.

I was Mrs Sensible yesterday and carried my half drunk plastic cup full from the pub round with me. When my bag was checked and they saw I had 2x bottles of coke and a 'water' bottle and told me I couldn't take them in, I asked if it was ok to put my 'water' in my cup to which they replied yes so I done no more than dump the coke bottles but my 'supply' was safe!! They did ask me what was in the cup and of course I answered as honestly as I could and said it was lemonade!! The coke could be replaced but gin is hard to come by :lol:

One small incident allegedly started by a young teenager and it sounds like the British GP terracing turned into a full scale riot. - GET A GRIP ! As for beeer being spilt - Ive seen more beer spilt at my local pub than was spilt last night.

As for the Poles - no problem, compared to the drunken English idiots I have seen on nearly every foreign holiday, I know whose company I prefer.

I did see Tiger Beech, Rob Tilbury, Kevin Brice and The old Kennett trio kick off in the stands though - anybody else see that one ??

I never saw you at the Lodge Seb????? Did I :blink:

Well, I was definitely there for a good 2 hours, so if you can't remember then I guess that says it all! :D

imo....the poles make the gp's worth watching, there attitude towards there riders is something we should learn from! I tried by supporting the polish riders and no brits :lol:

white shorts, white trainers, red polish shirt, red and white clown hat, polish scarf and a red and white blower suited me perfectly :approve: