British Speedway Forum

Barbless hooks and im still catching bert x

Yup,got me with that one :blink:

I don't know you,so it was hard to tell if it was a stupid post by a sensible person pretending to be stupid.Or a stupid post by a stupid person.Now i know B)

Yup,got me with that one :blink:

I don't know you,so it was hard to tell if it was a stupid post by a sensible person pretending to be stupid.Or a stupid post by a stupid person.Now i know B)

definitely the later x

LOL.....who started this thread for a laugh.

It's exactly like saying it's time to take the computers out of the internet cafe's.

Those 5 ENGLISH riders were there representing GREAT BRITAIN! Just because they all happen to be born this side of Hadrians Wall is irelevant. If there was a Scot, Welsh or Irish man good enough then they would take their place representing GB

I live North of Hadrians Wall and I am still 60 miles south of the border :rolleyes:

I know that the North East Assembly have been talking to the Scottish Parliament about closer ties but I didnt think it had happened... yet! :approve:

I live North of Hadrians Wall and I am still 60 miles south of the border :rolleyes:

I know that the North East Assembly have been talking to the Scottish Parliament about closer ties but I didnt think it had happened... yet! :approve:

Well, ya didnt need to take it quite so literally!!! DOH! :lol::wink:

Pointless comment.

Maybe his reputation goes before him, however, rather than seeing Coventry fans defending him blindly for the second consecutive year, it would be nice to see them wondering what he was doing there, putting himself about when he is apparently injured. If any claims can be proven, I would like Coventry/BSPA to review his conduct and involvement with club and country. When at a Speedway event, he is representing both the club and country, is he the Joey Barton of speedway? Either way, I expect people to defend him blindly again. He has got a useful average after all :rolleyes:

Snyper has not been adverse to posting some anti-English stuff that got edited/removed. However, I have to defend Edinburgh fans here. Firstly, I do not see how Speedibee - who usually posts sensible comments - can call for Scotland's independence based on the behaviour of a few Scottish fans. I would like to see consistency, and he should call for Cornwall's independence on the grounds of Barker's behaviour??

I didn't see any bad behaviour from Edinburgh fans, but bringing nationality into it, gone too far! I also don't think people should read too much into music....again, you are over-thinking the situation! I think people should be criticising the choice of the song when riders fall off, than the "Come on England". Surely, Speedway fans should condemn that one first? I think its in bad taste, anyway.

Snyper - there is a Scot(t) in the GP.

Yes I agree it was daft to say that but it was spur of the moment stuff and I just saw red . I don't object to people supporting their favourite riders as a rule . but i don't see the need to deliberately wind up the people who are supporting the home riders . anyway I now have a 25% warning for my outburst so that should please Snyper .

Well, ya didnt need to take it quite so literally!!! DOH! :lol::wink:

Pretty much like this thread

Well we had a great weekend. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's my best experience of Cardiff..

We met loads of fantastic people from many clubs, aswell as the usual suspects ;) We didn't see any trouble or anyone OTT in the Stadium or outside over two days.

Looking forward to next year already :D

Pretty much like this thread

yep - i agree.

Im off to get a beer from the fridge and then maybe call the kids down for a punch up!!!

Anyone wnat to pop around and join in!!!

Go on then :approve: count me in ...... can I go in the hot tub afterwards though to calm down :lol:

I just happened to come onto this site and saw that all the threads were about the misuse of alcohol at Cardiff and nothing about the meeting itself.

It is really sad to see that that something we prized as a "Family Sport" is being ruined by these people who cannot go to a meeting to enjoy the racing, but have to get drunk and spoil it for everyone else around them.

Cardiff is not a cheap event to attend so these people who spend so much on alcohol, must have more money than sense.

There was enough action going on on the track without the extra fighting in the stands, so I think the only solution is to ban alcohol completely from the GP and, as others have said, refuse entry to those who are already too inebriated.

This may upset many of the true fans who like a drink during racing, but surely it is the best way to go to save our reputation as a family sport?

I could not agree more Haggis. I was at the GP for my first ever visit. I did not suffer the shocking aggravation that some people appear to have experienced. I had a great time. I was shaking hands with Poles, Supporters from other countries, Supporters from British Clubs. It was a superb weekend.

I must say however that the poor people who have suffered having clothes ruined and have sat in fear of intimidation or violence because of drunken Supporters must be questioning whether they should ever go to the GP again. This is so sad as I/we are very proud of the fact that Speedway has the reputation of being a family Sport. In order to protect our reputation I think it is imperative that alcohol is banned from the Stadium DURING the GP. Anyone who is obviously inebriated should NOT be allowed into the Stadium. For heavens sake - you pay good money to watch Speedway - you can get tanked up (if that is your thing) AFTER the GP. This way you don't upset others or distract people from the racing at the GP. Surely people can manage to go for a very few hours without a drink and enjoy the racing and allow others to do the same.

SPEEDWAY HAS A REPUTATION - THE ADMINISTRATORS OF THE SPORT MUST PROTECT THAT REPUTATION.

Your a disgrace mitch ;)

Speedibee you think i pay 30 odd quid for a ticket, £100 in petrol another £30 on a room 50-60 on beer £6 on a Danish flag JUST to wind up supporters at a GP?

Your deluded mate you really are. As you have pointed out there are no Scots in the GP therefore i support Hans who happens to be a Dane. So by your thinking the only flags allowed into the GP should be English and Union flags.

Again i have to ask what my club has to do with who i support in a GP i just dont get how the two are linked.

I'm a Scot - why don't you wave the Saltire or the Lion Rampant at the Sassenachs. Just asking Snyper1010. :):)