British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DarrenCook

Gb World Cup Team

Well, I think he said yesterday at Cardiff that it will be announced tomorrow & almost said it will be:

Rico

Harris

Bridger

Kennett

Woffinden

No place for Scott.

Edited by DarrenCook

Well, I think he said yesterday at Cardiff that it will be announced tomorrow & almost said it will be:

Rico

Harris

Bridger

Kennett

Woffinden

No place for Scott.

Certainly got the impression he wants to go with the 3 youngsters, so one of the old guard will miss out. On current form it has to be Scott.

Well i feel a bit sorry for Danny King, he has a higher average than Tai, and rode on that track for the 2 previous seasons, but obviously sky comentators dont mention his name enough.

Well i feel a bit sorry for Danny King, he has a higher average than Tai, and rode on that track for the 2 previous seasons, but obviously sky comentators dont mention his name enough.

Their averages are near enough the same but Tai rides with Skornicki and picks up quite a few bonus points but in realitty, we all know Ti is the big prospect out of the two.

Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Edward Kennett, Lewis Bridger and Tai Woffinden ~ but not in any order

I like Danny King, but come on. Woffinden rode well when blooded in last year's World Cup competition and is averaging seven points a match in his EL debut season. And if you think Rob Lyon picks his men according to who shouts loudest on Sky then there's no hope for you.

Ah, but are you looking at the horses for courses approach here or the longer term? Should King then be in the race-off side?

I think there could be another big surprise with another older rider being left out to possibly make way for King!!!!

I would leave him out as well

He may be having a good season but either we are building for the future or we arent and Danny has a horrible habit of 2 steps forward 1 step back......... I truly hope that he can build on this season and have a better one next season but I think it is fair to say that based on past seasons he is now expected to drop his average next season or possibly maintain it

It is the same reason I wouldnt consider Simon or Ollie because although in the grand scheme of things they are hardly old and guys like Bjerre have clicked at their age .... history dictates that they havent been improving quickly enough to be deemed the future of the GB team

Tai, Ed and Lewis with the exception of a difficult season each for Ed and Lewis have season upon season had good improvement and continue to do so

If Rob does drop Scott then he will become a new hero for me for admirably being one of the few sticking their neck out and making the statement that something has to change ....... admirable doesnt go down well at BSPA HQ usually though... if it did then they would be tightening up the assessed average and asset rules

I think there could be another big surprise with another older rider being left out to possibly make way for King!!!!

Are you thinking Nicholls and Richardson will be left out TW?

Nicholls has to be in the team. If he's not in your top 5 GB riders then i feel your mistaken.

Kennett hates peterborough so maybe King should be in front of him but he still doesn't make the team

Nicholls

Bomber

Rico

Woofy

Bridger

That is my Peterborough team and we need some dirt on the track. If slick we have no chance of winning more than half a dozen races.

Kennett

King

as reserves

I'd even think of Screen if there was some dirt but he doesnt really want to ride as he says to use the kids

Danny and Lewis hardly did their claim much good over the weekend. Hardly top class opposition, but both well down the field.

spook, King is 4 years younger then Harris so in what way wouldn't king be a name for the future if Harris would?

As much as I dont want to admit it, I dont think it matters who we pick as I think the best we can hope for is beating Slovenia to 3rd place and then taking a pounding in the race off. Pesamistic I know but thats what I feel the most likely result will be.

Tai aside(who was brought up in Australia), we dont have any genuinly classy youngsters coming through. Eddie and Lewis have been around for a while and whilst I accept they are very steadily improving thier Elite league form, when they come up against the big guns they fall short. Much has been made of Nicholls/Harris poor GP form but Eddie wasnt great was he?

Its a tough job for Lyon and he will cop it regardless of who he picks. I'm sure we've all got our own ideas as to who should be picked but at the end of the day it wont make any difference.

Maybe we should do what Jack Charlton used to do for EIRE and look for anyone with some kind of connection and nick them as our own. Does anyone know of any Danes, Poles, Aussies or Swedes that might have had fish n chips in thier lifetime? :wink: