British Speedway Forum

I have just had a quick look to see about booking some hotel rooms for next year and quite a lot of hotels have already blanked out every weekend in June for example just looked at the Mercure as quite a few people say this is nice and every Friday and Saturday is unavailable the same with Travelodge and Ibis.

I really do think the hotel chains are being greedy now as was stated in the Cardiff programme this is the longest running event now apart from the Rugby internationals and with Cardiff losing quite a few events I thinks the hoteliers see this as a high profit weekend.

Here's hoping that BSI shock us with a date change and dont go for 26/06/09 or any other weekend in June

I have just had a quick look to see about booking some hotel rooms for next year and quite a lot of hotels have already blanked out every weekend in June for example

try looking at hotels in a month which isn't June.... :wink:

Etap hotels are superb, all the mod cons! :approve:

Edited by Stoney=Legend

i thought the gp's were held every 2 weeks, if the danish gp is 5/6/10 then surely cardiff won't be 26th june?

i thought the gp's were held every 2 weeks, if the danish gp is 5/6/10 then surely cardiff won't be 26th june?

Most hotel chains don't let you view availability until 6 months in advance....

Well the hotels seem to have covered any weekend in June just in case they go earlier in the month im hoping Boggle is correct and the GP is in another month other than June and that people can book the hotels at a reasonable rate and be charged stupid prices for the weekend away I mean £150 per night is far too high for Travelodge,Ibis premier inn type hotel

I do think there was less people staying over this year due to the chnage in start time and if the hotels proceed in trying to rip speedway fans off I may just go down on the day meet up with the team and do another GP abroad instead

We filled in a form at our hotel which gives us first dabs on rooms for next year.....they didn't have a clear idea either but did say they would contact within the next fortnight.

The single reason why the Danish GP is a week earlier in next year's calendar (Sat-5-June-2010) is to avoid clashing with TV-coverage of any of the games in next summer's football World Cup ... there can be 3-week as well as 2-week gaps between each Grand Prix so the knock-on effect of the Danish decision leaves either Sat-19 or Sat-26-June-2010 as options for Cardiff.

The South Africans & FIFA have already released the fixture framework for the World Cup ... they start the group games on Fri-11-June and the Danish switch avoids a triple-header of football at 12.30pm, 3pm & 7.30pm our time on Sat-12-June.

There's the same triple-header of kick-offs on Sat-19-June (middle batch of group games) ... alternatively, Sat-26-June involves the opening two games of the last-16, kicking-off at 3pm & 7.30pm our time.

Well just looked and rooms dont seem available at most hotels yet and the ones that are have caught on that its GP weekend with £150 per night for Mercure/Ibis hotel

:wink: Up here for thinking ........ down there for dancing :lol:

Just pre empted the dates for 2010, and I hope the rumours are true that it is 10th july, and got the same hotel as this year, 2 nights, for £148, which is a saving of £77 from this year. I'm so happy. Now for the same seating for the meeting, and I'm sorted too.