British Speedway Forum

Oh me of little faith...........the hotel just phoned me back in response to the email. So I'm two minutes walk from the stadium next year :approve:

Tickets booked :lol:

Just need to sort hotel now...havin trouble finding one that will let us choose july 2010 in calender?

Any ideas anyone??

Let's not :wink: already celebrating with 3 others :lol:

I have just had a quick look to see about booking some hotel rooms for next year and quite a lot of hotels have already blanked out every weekend in June for example just looked at the Mercure as quite a few people say this is nice and every Friday and Saturday is unavailable the same with Travelodge and Ibis.

I really do think the hotel chains are being greedy now as was stated in the Cardiff programme this is the longest running event now apart from the Rugby internationals and with Cardiff losing quite a few events I thinks the hoteliers see this as a high profit weekend.

Here's hoping that BSI shock us with a date change and dont go for 26/06/09 or any other weekend in June

I would like a room with thermostat control and not to wake up after being basted and have an apple in mouth.

Although i bloody loving crackling i do......i bloody love it.

holiday inn was awesome this year for us, booked next year july 9th and 10th, 180 quid for both nights

This is getting daft now :angry:

Have just phoned them and they dont have prices and wont let me book either :angry: I said well other people have already booked rooms-She said I would like to know how but I have just picked up the phone and am supposed to be in the restaurant!!!!!!

She took me number to get back to me and stuck us on something called a reservations list when they get more details.

She said the phonelines have been very busy tonight-I said I bet they have!!!

If it carries on at this rate me and Craiggy boy will be pitching a bleeding tent on that nice piece of grass outside the castle walls :blink::angry:

Squall and Thisisme all booked up (tickets and accomodation). 2 nights for £70, right outside stadium in a hostel :wink:

weird nevs....got our confirmation number, order numbers etc etc etc :unsure:

I am going to phone them again now and hope the potwasher doesn't answer the phone this time...... :neutral:

Ha!!!! Potwasher didnt answer this time!!!!

She said is that for the speedway????-(I felt like saying no its for an indoor bowls tournament in Newport)-no offence Cornishman :wink:

I said yes for the speedway-she said our prices will not be released for another 4 weeks but you can phone our reservation line tomorrow :angry:

I have never booked a hotel room in me life and sat here with a visa card ready to give someone some cash and nobody wants it!!!!! :shock:

Ill 2nd that the mercure lodge was way too warm and the chuffin windows didnt open!!

Squall will have to pick better next year :wink:

Normally it is lovely.

But they did have a major fault and were waiting on a 'part'!!

I know Alan (duty manager) was saying that if it wasnt fixed early in the week he feared major cancellations.

But they have ayear to sort it or at least to tell us to bring some fans!!!!!! :lol: