British Speedway Forum

Normally it is lovely.

But they did have a major fault and were waiting on a 'part'!!

I know Alan (duty manager) was saying that if it wasnt fixed early in the week he feared major cancellations.

But they have ayear to sort it or at least to tell us to bring some fans!!!!!! :lol:

A part? thats so ironic... i was with a tool all weekend.

Alan said nothing of the sort, he just said (altogether now)... Magic Round About x

PS dont bring fans that enjoy themselves apparently they are not allowed.

I went to order my tickets but the pre authorised amount taken for the hotel booking (which they didn't cancel when they took the proper payment) hasn't come back to my account!

Arrgghhh, I wanted to be organised this time around and get decent seats........also what hotels are involved in that offer you get when you buy your tickets, just wondering if our hotel is one of them (tried to ring them but the reservation desk was shut!)

Now hoping their form they gave us yesterday to fill in works although other guests have used that system for a fair few years without any problems, so I am probably in a panic over nothing.

Oh and our air conditioning was brilliant...apart from if you left it on too long, you got dripped on while you was on the loo!

Edited by crazysue

:wink: Up here for thinking ........ down there for dancing :lol:

Its what goes on in the middle bit thats a concern Shazzy ;)

Well I will as usual travel down in the morning, arrive in Cardiff around 10 and then leave for home roughly one hour after the meeting.

Cant be arsed with all this hotel business and being nearly motorway back to the midlands, it takes me just two hours to travel the 130 miles and get home just in time to watch the replay on Sky ;)

Wonder if the Mrs wants to come again ?

Wonder if the Mrs wants to come again ?

She seemed happy enough with a drink in her hand :lol:

bad edit x

Terrible edit ..... right 100 times must do better! :lol:

Hotel rang this morning...their pre booking forms work!

Hotel now all booked for next year and slightly cheaper than this year which is even better.

Looking round on internet and most hotels are very expensive or are not available to book yet.

I have tried the Mercure lodge but site says they are full as does other hotels just want to get it booked and sorted

Tickets now booked aswell. I just hope the hotel honour the price I paid for 2010! Worth having a look, as it has only just been refurbished, and the room was immaculate. Only a short taxi ride from the stadium, £12 there, and £8 back???? The bar was a bit dear, but if you take your own, its cheaper.

Edited by srbramble

Woooo tickets confirmed, front row U11 top tier, something new, and same hotel as last time, but saving £180 quid :lol:

Wow - you will love it ! Great seats ! Much better than lower tier ! Front row - lucky thing !

I'm still doing a bit of arm-twisitng to book our tickets this early ! :cry:

Tickets booked :lol:

Just need to sort hotel now...havin trouble finding one that will let us choose july 2010 in calender?

Any ideas anyone??

If you have a car and don't mind a 20 minute drive on saturday morning into Cardiff from J24 and off J32 into cardiff then try Hilton NEWPORT (www.hilton.co.uk). Just booked my 2 nights fri/sat for total of £169 which is room for 4 people with breakfast and dinner on friday night only. Have stayed there every year for the GP and its brill with pool for a dip too!!. If you tick box making this fully refundable £6 extra they don't take any deposit and you can cancel upto 4pm on day of arrival.( IF you should want to!!).

Must just book stadium tickets now.

Just booked he Hilton at Newport for Friday and Saturday too, £137 for 2 night for a double room with dinner on the Friday night.

Holiday Inn in Cardiff have just phoned me as details now released and taking bookings.

2 night minimum stay that weekend for them.9th and 10th. Double or twin room £160 PER night or £175 per night with breakfast!!! :shock:

Holiday Inn in Cardiff have just phoned me as details now released and taking bookings.

2 night minimum stay that weekend for them.9th and 10th. Double or twin room £160 PER night or £175 per night with breakfast!!! :shock:

The 5pm start time has obviously had little or no effect on hotel bookings then :rolleyes: