British Speedway Forum
jktc666

Under 21 Test Match: Gb V Australia

U21 TEST MATCH WILL UNEARTH NEW TALENT

This Saturday evening at 7:30pm the Norfolk Arena in King’s Lynn will proudly host the second in a serious of test matches between the British Under 21 and Australian Under 21 national teams.

This year has already seen the unearthing of 17 year old Australian Darcy Ward, who has taken the Premier League by storm, and Australian team manager Lawrence Rogers believes this test series will help find another rider just like him ‘we have selected some really raw young talent that could make it all the way in the sport with a bit more experience, for the match at King’s Lynn I have selected riders like the Sedgemen brothers who have both been finalists in the Australian Under 21 Championships and Dakota North who was basically unheard of until last week when he wowed the fans at Mildenhall and scored double figures in his first ever British League meeting’.

To take on the powerful looking Australian team, Under 21 GB bosses Graham Reeve and # Name Removed #, have utilised local knowledge by selecting two King’s Lynn Barracuda riders in their line up ‘we know it is going to be tough so we decided to pick some riders that already know the fastest way round the Norfolk Arena, both Adam Lowe and Scott Campos have had a magnificent season and hopefully they can team up with the heat leaders to help get the better of the Aussies’ said # Name Removed #.

This will be the first Under 21 test match the King’s Lynn venue has staged for nearly a decade and club promoter Buster Chapman is really excited about it ‘I love the whole Australia v England thing in every sport we compete at but it’s even more special when it comes to Motorbikes with no brakes! Fans at Lynn have a real soft spot for the Australians and I am really keen to see how some of them go around here, it was only two weeks ago we had the privilege of seeing Todd Kurtz and if reports are anything to go by then Dakota North will be another one to watch out for. It is also good to see our own assets, Scott and Adam, given a break in the British team and I am sure they will do us proud. All in all it should be a cracker of a meeting especially as we have kept prices down to only £10 for Adults and all kids 11 years and under to go free and any fan that brings their ticket from Wednesdays Premier League meeting against Newcastle will be able to exchange it for a free Race-Zine’.

GB Under 21 Team

1.Brendan Johnson, 2. Mark Baseby, 3.Kyle Hughes, 4. Paul Starke, 5. Richard Franklin, 6. Adam Lowe, 7. Scott Campos

Australian U21 Team

1. Justin Sedgmen, 2. Jake Anderson, 3. Grant Tregoning, 4. Ryan Sedgmen, 5. Jade Mudgway 6.Dakota North, 7. Shelby Rutherford

Admission Prices

Adults £10, Concessions (Disabled, Senior Citizens, Students, 16 & 17 year olds) £7, Juniors (12-15yrs) £3, Kids 11 yrs and Under Free

Australasia includes Aisa :) ... I'd call them.... Team ANZACS. ;)

Regards.

PS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZAC B)

Australasia for sure does include Asia, so leaves room to track any Malaysians or Japanese etc who are good enough to make this team. They are welcome!

Just like Great Britain (or Team GB as You seem to prefer to call it), leaves room to include any Welsh and Scots in the team.

By the way, is it England under-21 or Great Britain under-21 riding this 5 test series against Australasia? I thought it was England, but on the bspa website fixture list it says GB under-21??? :unsure:

Can someone post score and individual points please....Thanks

Have a look on the national league thread on this one mate to check out Justin Sedgmen's Grand Night Out. :approve:

10th July at Weymouth 56-36

11th July at kings lynn 39-53

14th July at lsle of Wight 59-33

17th July at Plymouth 43-46

30th Sept at poole 49-40

• Like 1