British Speedway Forum

Whoever was at fault, I just hope Nicki makes a quick recovery.

What a performance by Russia! Didn't see that coming to be honest, let's hope our lads are inspired.

Maybe they cheated and had oversized engines! :wink:

I fear Russia maybe another Poland in the making but bigger. They'll get money thrown at them by the big money Russians when in the bigger meetings now they are proving themselves.

Isn't there a "gentlemans" agreement that the rider in front will leave a bit of room if there is a quicker rider behind. Perhaps Nicki wrongly assumed he would leave a bit and didn't.

I'm actually embarassed for you..

Leave a bit of room if there is a quicker rider behind ????

So the rider in the lead has to concentrate on his own race, and is supposed to work out if the bloke chasing him is faster than him ?

And if he is, he should just leave a bit of room so his opponent can just pass him... ?

Ah yes...of course...

Deano - i seriously hope you've been drinking tonight, because that is just bananas.

Hats off for the Russians! They fully deserved it, and seeing the smile on Roman Povazhny's face at the podium really made my day, that was true happiness. Also, the result was great for speedway as a sport, I hope it catches on even more in Russia now.

*Yawn*

We all know You hate Pedersen, but give it a rest. Nikki might be a hard rider, but he doesn't deserve the continual snidy remarks every time he has a crash which is not his fault (unless you are a referee obviously). I get totally pissed off by the continual snidy remarks about Nikki in here. You don't get to be world champion by being a dirty/crap rider. Give the guy a break, he was a bloody hard rider when he started out, but he has matured into a true world champion. I don't give a rubbish what anyone else thinks about him, I just hope he is ok, & bounces back to win a few more world titles. If England had a few Nikki Pedersen's in their team we wouldn't be turning up at Peterborough as also rans, scratching round for third place. :angry:

lol sorry but I must comment on a few thing here LT

there is a difference between hard and reckless which is most certainly what Nicki was ... and has at times returned to this season in the GP's

Nicki has been playing a very odd physical game this season and this has been easy to see with the sheer amount of incidents he has been involved in ............. he has not accepted anything in the gp's as being his fault so far (he even described completely wiping Emil out in one GP as Emil running into him after he had recovered!) and even managed to pressure spinless officials into replacing a ref by threatening to not ride over a decision which was not cut and dried...... just like tonights

I hope Nicki is 'ok' as well but that doesnt affect my eyesight or nose for bs ... and both have been working well all season

and finally I agree with you about GB having a better chance of success with a few NickiP's in the team

Nicki's involvement in the sport benefits it but he is one of many and has no divine right to anything on or off track and all the signs have been there this season that he thinks he does

It does seem to go against any semblance of natural justice that a team can be responsible (as in the referee excludes the rider) for an incident that has the end result of a team losing a rider for the rest of the meeting, whilst the team that caused the loss can, after the one race exclusion, keep riding at full strenght.

In league matches I've often thought it unfair that the top rider can only be replaced by a reserve in those circumstances, but better than nothing.

Why not allow them to use rider replacement - with everyone entitled to take one extra ride?

It's probably been said already but I think it's crazy that there isn't a sixth member of the squad to come in for an injured rider. All other team sports have substitutes to bring in if a member of the team is hurt. It's just another thing that makes Speedway look a bit amateurish as a spectacle in my opinion.

I'm actually embarassed for you..

Leave a bit of room if there is a quicker rider behind ????

So the rider in the lead has to concentrate on his own race, and is supposed to work out if the bloke chasing him is faster than him ?

And if he is, he should just leave a bit of room so his opponent can just pass him... ?

Ah yes...of course...

Deano - i seriously hope you've been drinking tonight, because that is just bananas.

A rider actually said it in an interview once years ago. If a rider is quicker and is going to pass you, you may as well let him work for it and leave a bit of room rather than both ending up in the fence and out for weeks. He then went on to say the Americans were the most gentlemanly when leaving room, the Brits were the worst for closing the gap. Perhaps it just doesn't happen anymore, hence why nobody has heard of it.

It's probably been said already but I think it's crazy that there isn't a sixth member of the squad to come in for an injured rider. All other team sports have substitutes to bring in if a member of the team is hurt. It's just another thing that makes Speedway look a bit amateurish as a spectacle in my opinion.

Well...They did introduce reserves for injured riders in SWC a couple of years ago, but certain people whinged so much about the rule it was removed....Oh, was that the Danes? What a shame!

Well...They did introduce reserves for injured riders in SWC a couple of years ago, but certain people whinged so much about the rule it was removed....Oh, was that the Danes? What a shame!

lol yeah that brings back some memories........... didnt we have the farce of 3 teams having riders pulling out after their poor showings? (leszno 07?)

he has not accepted anything in the gp's as being his fault so far (he even described completely wiping Emil out in one GP as Emil running into him after he had recovered!)

In fairness to Nicki, he DID say that it was his fault immediately after making the statement that Emil rode into him.

On the other side of that incident, Emil's claim that the Parken crash was the worst between the pair of them because Nicki deliberately took him out there while the others were racing accidents was just as ridiculous!

Any forum members going to this one?Garf,Peter S?Lis?...??????

Not unduly worried if Hans doesn't ride.Like i said in another thread i would prefer to see Nicolai given a chance in this meeting.Let Hans have a rest and help win the title later on :lol:

Been there on the first bend, just where NP were fenced.

Had a great evening seen through KB glasses, but not so good through the DK-glasses.

lol yeah that brings back some memories........... didnt we have the farce of 3 teams having riders pulling out after their poor showings? (leszno 07?)

Yeah. Only the Danes didn't use their reserve if I remember right.

Seemed to me that the sensible thing to do would have been to allow reserves to replace an off form rider, rather than getting rid of them.

Hats off for the Russians! They fully deserved it, and seeing the smile on Roman Povazhny's face at the podium really made my day, that was true happiness. Also, the result was great for speedway as a sport, I hope it catches on even more in Russia now.

I'm not surprised by the Russians. Check out the Polish leagues and you will see how well they have been riding this season. Last years SWC, they showed us what they were capable of, so it's only a matter of time until they dominate the speedway scene. Don't they want to hold GPs in Togliatti? Apparently they have a fantastic stadium.

Nicolai Klindt showed he was ready for the Danish squad with 8 points tonight. Hans said he was up for it and he sure was, bless.

Looking forward to a great final next Saturday.

Edited by Mrs mark246

In fairness to Nicki, he DID say that it was his fault immediately after making the statement that Emil rode into him.

On the other side of that incident, Emil's claim that the Parken crash was the worst between the pair of them because Nicki deliberately took him out there while the others were racing accidents was just as ridiculous!

Emil is Emil and I guess we will see over the next few seasons what he is made of...... there is far too much going on with him to know what to think :lol:

Nicki is a different kettle of fish though ....... when you say 'immediately after' do you mean in the same tv interview that everyone watched and will remember? in the club after? in the speedway star 5 days after? :P

seriously though despite the guys getting pumped up why say something so ridiculous? he isnt a novice is he?

Don't get me wrong Henry, I'm haven't formed my opinion on the basis of what happened tonight. I do remember the Danes moaning about the Poles replacing an under performing rider.

Again though, in most other team sports, you can replace an under performing member of the team with a substitute. I don't see why Speedway has to be different, it would be the same for everyone.

It would surely be much better than seeing races with only three riders.