British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Go Danny Boy

The best of British (not counting Joker points).

Okay I'll admit it. I didn't think he was a good choice but I was proved wrong.

A solid third place performance from Britain :P

Fantastic meeting, so many great races and Crump vs Zagar was amazing stuff!

Very impressed with the Poles, they all seem to step up a gear when riding for their country. I really though Australia would win easy tonight but they will be ok in the race-off, the other spot in the final is up for grabs though with the Danes weakened.

I think the British boys did us proud in that company, especially King, I didn't want him in the team but he was probably our best rider tonight. Kennett struggled for pace and therefore he should make way for Rico on Thursday. Wouldn't change anyone else, they deserve to have another shot.

What a brilliant meeting - best ever at Peterborough?

Poland were head and shoulders above the rest showing real class and determination. They must be favourites to win it now.

Errrrrrrrrr.....................Poland were favourites anyway. :blink:

I am sure I heard Pearson say he was a Swindon asset?

Yea he did and yes he is a Swindon asset but that doesn't mean he will ride for us this season. Hope he does tho

What 9 from six rides wow .....Rico would have scored 13 or 14 ....King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle a one trick pony with little talent

Great meeting but hard to bear getting crushed by 20+ points at home but being the only team not putting our best side out it was to be expected complete madness from lyon .

Orion you are such a numpty at times, he gave the youngsters a ride .... it grieves me to say it as I am and always will be a Middlo fan but he picked the youngsters they never let us down we're through to the race off and you'll posibly get your old boys back then ..... get over it and get behind the brits stop putting them down every chance you get!

Even the commentary was good tonight not as much shouting from Messrs. Pearson and Tatum as normal made it all the more enjoyable to watch .... still think girls in the pits is a no no, leave Jonathon there at least he doesn't ask daft questions!

Of course with Markie, SexiSteve, Swerve and Jonah all making guest appearances a very enjoyable nights entertainment :approve:

Battling performance from the home team, but still outclassed by all the Aussies and Poles bar Sullivan.

Congrats to Danny King who gave two fingers to the naysayers on this Forum.

Fourth place beckons at Leszno on Thursday. Ho-hum. But at least we don't have to go through the humiliation of qualifying for next year's competition.

Great meeting, by the way.

Edited by Exiled Cuda

Well, "Love and Pride" amazed me I must confess, but it still doesn't explain why the British Number 1 was just an interested observer, although I think that everyone has had their say on that one.

Par for the course overall for Team GB. We're a million miles away from being competitive at this level, that's for sure. Getting beaten at home by 20 points is not much cause for celebration and we'll be hard pushed to get anything other than embarrassed on Thursday.

Great to see Zagar showing no ill effects from his bucking bronco act at The Abbey, and also to see the Rinky Dink laying the smack down. Snails love the Rinky! :approve:

Guest Ashie Smashy

I think this forum, myself included has been critical of our sport for a long time now but tonight shows when things are done right, our sport can be fantastic and the perfect nights entertainment with atmosphere, skill and great racing - perfect advert for our sport, well done all involved and thank you.

What do we need to do to capture more of this? I really hope the people in charge of our sport take a long hard look at tonights meeting.

great meeting.

I thought King was a poor choice but well done to him, a top class perfromance. Harris did well and Bridger showed real courage

Woofy was very average and so was kennett who , once again, showed he does not like the track. With Rico replacing kennett and maybe Nicholls in for Woofy we might have a chjance in Poland.

Awesome meeting one of the best ive seen danny king was awesome he got to go the race off

I think this forum, myself included has been critical of our sport for a long time now but tonight shows when things are done right, our sport can be fantastic and the perfect nights entertainment with atmosphere, skill and great racing - perfect advert for our sport, well done all involved and thank you.

What do we need to do to capture more of this? I really hope the people in charge of our sport take a long hard look at tonights meeting.

Have to agree Ashie , best meeting i've seen for yonks, a track with plenty of racing lines , hard at times but fair, If only the GP tracks were like this

What a great meeting, one of the best ever on TV. A great advert for the sport, something it needed very badly.

Team GB did plenty enough to see off totally crap opposition for 3rd place.

Kennett has absolutely no class. Not good enough.

Tai not too clever tonight, but worth persevering with.

Bridger ditto.

Harris, one great race, but not a lot else.

King. The jury is still out on him, but I'm still not convinced. Too many false dawns.

He has earned his place in the play-offs though, so lets's see what he can do.

Race of the night has to be Crump V Zagar....absolutely breath taking.

Orion you are such a numpty at times, he gave the youngsters a ride ....

And we got stuffed yongsters or no youngsters the idea is to try and win ....The only numpty is someone who won't put his best team out

It shows the mind set of UK speedawy fans when people are happy that we got beat by 20 pts at home and are happy that a rider scored 9 from 6 rides .

If only the GP tracks were like this

This proves the product is right and when you give the riders a track to perform on, then you get fantastic racing. Just a shame Olsen & co don't see it that way.