British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Oh shall we stay at home then rather than go and give it the best shot ...... can see it now people will be calling for Rob Lyons resignation by Saturday :rolleyes:

Of course not, as Lyon said in his interview its all about having fun.....

Danny King was brilliant tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed tonights meeting albeit via the internet. GB's young lads did well against much more experienced riders.

Absolutely superb meeting. if only there were more like it.

So many positives apart from the quality of the racing.

Great team spirit from Team GB...not seen that for a few years.

GB riders riding with passion......hells bells almost unheard of in recent years.

Great to see the Team GB captain with the riders just before they go out....he could be saying rhubarb rhubard for all I know but good to see nonetheless.

Great to see Richardson in the pits helping out, must add to the team spirit. Also good to hear he accepts the youngsters need the experience and seems to bear no grudges whatsoever. Not a fan of his but I will be this Thursday :approve:

Great track prep, shale whatever next lol....I have this mental image of Buster in his tractor, Ole on the phone telling him to take the dirt off and Buster saying, on your bike mate (or words to that effect) :approve:

Even Sam didn't annoy me tonight, could be because he didn't try to tell us what riders were thinking :wink:

I'd like to thank orion and Frigbo for obviously winding Danny King up....can you do it again for Thursday please :P

As for Thursday's team....I'll go with whoever Rob chooses, all I ask is they ride with the same passion that they did tonight, that will do for me.

Once again well done to everyone involved with Team GB and to Peterborough for providing a brilliant set up for the riders to entertain us.

I agree with the posters who say we'll get beaten on thursday on a track we have virtually no experience of. But we may do better than some think and, given the age of the team, it looks healthier for the future. Some good experience gained tonight. That meeting will have done King more good than any other he has raced.

Rico a definate replacement for Kennett as EK is rubbish on big tracks

Maybe Scott for Woofy as TW looked slow and well off the pace tonight

doubt we will come last.

What a great meeting, the world cup never disappoints! Great to see King do so well, sharp gating and good speed, just what the Brits will need in Poland, so he surely has to be worth sticking with for thursday. Was interesting to watch Conda for the slovenians learn so quickly tonight, as an under 21 rider i'm sure he'll be snapped up by a team over here in the near future!

With Rico joining the team for the raceoff I think GB might put up a good fight, especially if the danes are still patched up, i think GB could give Sweden a good battle too, you get the impression that they struggle a bit on the big stage too.

Brilliant meeting on an all-round excellent track.

Lots of great moments but Ht20 was salient.

More of the same on thursday will do nicely.

Brilliant meeting on an all-round excellent track.

Lots of great moments but Ht20 was salient.

More of the same on thursday will do nicely.

Yes it was that good I'm going to watch the re-run at 11.30pm!

Fantastic Race meeting.... Hurts to say, but well done Buster. Would have loved to be

a fly on the wall during any conversations with Mr Olsen.

So, where are those that said Danny King would be our weak link???

Nice one Dumps and I'd have you in for Thursday young fella.

Likewise Bomber and Bridger. Stick Scotty and Rico in and we will

have a fair chance I reckon.

Well Done to Rob Lyon, took a huge gamble and it paid off. My neighbours must

be wondering what I'm on, such was the shouting and hollering for the young Brits.

Just as an aside, poor Matej Zagar, didnt deserve that exclusion for delaying the

start, he didnt do anything that others hadnt been doing all night.

And a big LOL to Tomek Gollob....what was he doing in his last ride to get put out under

the 2 minutes???? Sorry, dont buy the engine story at all..... it didnt matter as far as

the result went, but not very professional Tomek... :lol:

Budgie while the team is being changed to England then the Scots can also fire together 5 guys and get a team stuck in there.

Sorry for my late response to this but...

The main reason that the team is named Great Britain is the same as why there is no British team in football.

There is a single British motorcycle authority - ACU - and not a separate one for England, Scotland, Wales.

This then only allows that one nation into any competition.

In the forthcoming Olympics a British Football team is being entered (it has been restricted before due to the separate Football authorities and yet a combined British olympic team) which is being headed by the FA and by agreement will only consist of English players.

Great meeting really enjoyed that,some cracking racing the Crump-Zagar race was one of the best races i have ever seen.I thought it was a great effort from our boys tonight they gave it all they had,cant fault the effort at all.So we might have been twenty points behind the winners but whatever team we had out tonight we still would have finished third.IMO Lyon was right to give the nippers a go,they are not going to learn anything sitting at home watching it on tv.

It was good too see Rico in the pits helping out but where was Scott :unsure: if he has a sulk on because he was dropped then Lyon would do well to keep him out of the team.Will we make it through on thursday,probably not but it wont be for lack of effort.Once again cracking meeting.

To get progression you have to take chances and Rob Lyon took a chance tonight, ignoring all the contoversy. The team were great and were not afraid to mix it with the greats, such as Gollob. Danny King showed his true form and Chris Harris was hungry to show the others the way, especially with a joker in his hand. Hats off to the boys.

The young team have shown that they can hold their own. Without looking at points, the racing was superb. With this experience, the team can build on their experience for next year. It's the only way forward.

Looking forward to a great final on Saturday with the Poles and the Russians, who both go well at Leszno.

And we got stuffed yongsters or no youngsters the idea is to try and win ....The only numpty is someone who won't put his best team out

It shows the mind set of UK speedawy fans when people are happy that we got beat by 20 pts at home and are happy that a rider scored 9 from 6 rides .

Give it a rest will you.Ever since Rossiter didn't get the job you pull everything down about GB and the management.

They rode their socks off tonight and with no world beaters in our team they did the country proud with their never say die attitude.

We ain't going to win anything yet,but with experience being gained with these meetings maybe in a few years time we will be pushing for something.

Guest Ashie Smashy

I really hope that even if we don't qualify on Thursday that the boys race hard, and do themselves proud, and Rob Lyons is not turned into a scapegoat. I have seen enough tonight to suggest we have some good youngsters coming through, but what we need to do is take them to the next level.

Whilst I'm of the opinion you should always field the strongest side, that's not Danny King's problem, I don't know if Rico would have done better, but King had a go, and he did a lot more than I expected tonight.

Well done lad, you should be proud of your efforts tonight and I'd love to see you given another chance on Thursday. :approve:

All the GB boys tried, although Kennett was disaappointing I have to say. Let's give Lyon a chance - time will tell if he's got the right idea.. but as for the riders, they showed a lot of fight and determination and all looked proud to be representing their country. That'll do for me until we have a genuinely competitive team.

Superb meeting, by the way. Heat 20 was an absolute stunner!

Edited by tigerblues

As for Scott Nicholls, Mr "captain", Mr "british number 1". Where were YOU for your country tonight?

Why should he of shown his face? He was left out when he clearly should of been in that team as should Richardson. Id stick two fingers up at Lyons if either are asked to ride in Poland!!

Fair play, King made me eat some humble pie tonight. Kennett didnt, Woffiden didnt, Bridger didn't. Kennett looked awful all night and Bridger wasnt much better. Woffiden slightly better I thought but still out of his depth at this level.

King was awesome, will he ride like that in Poland though, I doubt it.

Harris wasnt brilliant but was competitive and scored double figures.