British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robolots

After The Bydgoszcz Gp

Does anyone know if there anything on speedway wise in Poland after the GP (Sunday 18th October)?

Ta

Rob

Does anyone know if there anything on speedway wise in Poland after the GP (Sunday 18th October)?

Ta

Rob

Its the 2nd leg of the Polish extraleague play-off final on that day-unless Bydgoszcz make the final and are at home then that match will take place a week later on the 25th.

Its the 2nd leg of the Polish extraleague play-off final on that day-unless Bydgoszcz make the final and are at home then that match will take place a week later on the 25th.

99% probability Bydgoszcz won't be in the final :rolleyes:

So after the Bydg GP we're gonna have the Ekstraliga final, the question is where... :) My predition: same as last year - in Torun.

how far is Torun from Bydgozcz please Mateusz. What is the transport like and what time does the speedway start.

thank you

Very much keeping an eye on this situation.

Selfishness hopes Torun host the second leg, but depends on semi-final results.

It's sit back and wait time I'm afraid.

Rico :rolleyes:

6th and 13th of September-i will get my crystal ball out ! !

No I mean, Did Torun choose Czech ala Swindon choosing Coventry.. how was it all decided?

Edited by superguest

No I mean, Did Torun choose Czech ala Swindon choosing Coventry.. how was it all decided?

The play-off 1st round scoring meant that Zielona Gora finished top and therefore meet the best losers- Bydgoszcz. Czestochowa were 2nd meet Torun who were 3rd.I assume Czestochowa chose to be at home first.

Edited by racers and royals

The play-off 1st round scoring meant that Zielona Gora finished top and therefore meet the best losers- Bydgoszcz. Czestochowa were 2nd meet Torun who were 3rd.I assume Czestochowa chose to be at home first.

As far as I know Czestochowa are at home first because Torun have a higher seeding (First place in the League standings after 14 rounds). Zielona Gora hold the second seeded spot so it's fair to say the 2nd leg of the Final will either be Torun v. Zielona Gora -or- Zielona Gora v. Czestochowa (apologies to Matuesz, Mama etc for writing off Bydgoszcz's chances!).

As far as I know Czestochowa are at home first because Torun have a higher seeding (First place in the League standings after 14 rounds). Zielona Gora hold the second seeded spot so it's fair to say the 2nd leg of the Final will either be Torun v. Zielona Gora -or- Zielona Gora v. Czestochowa (apologies to Matuesz, Mama etc for writing off Bydgoszcz's chances!).

Thanks for that info-i wasnt sure that a team could choose home or away 1st.What you say is different from what the Speedway Star printed in there season preview iddition(not saying star is right ) but they said that play-off 1st round would result in table A consisting of winning teams and table B losing teams.These are classified according to match points scored in play-off 1st round.and in case of tie on match points(Torun and Czestochowa)race points will decide and if that didnt decide then finishing position in regular season would decide.something in the rules must have changed.

If, somehow, Bydgoszcz qualify for the final there will be nothing after the Grand Prix - the final 2nd leg will take place one week later because Polonia Bydgoszcz must have their track for practice before the 2nd leg match (and BSI take the track over on Monday before the GP).

However, the chances Bydgoszcz will get through are little :P But... ZG are riding today (and next week too, probably) without PePe (using R/R) so... we'll see. A lot may be decided today. Unless Bydgoszcz score more than 50 pts today, they will have no chance in the 2nd leg. And if you want the post GP match close to Bydgoszcz, not in ZG, keep your fingers crossed for Torun today :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

If, somehow, Bydgoszcz qualify for the final there will be nothing after the Grand Prix - the final 2nd leg will take place one week later because Polonia Bydgoszcz must have their track for practice before the 2nd leg match (and BSI take the track over on Monday before the GP).

However, the chances Bydgoszcz will get through are little :P But... ZG are riding today (and next week too, probably) without PePe (using R/R) so... we'll see. A lot may be decided today. Unless Bydgoszcz score more than 50 pts today, they will have no chance in the 2nd leg. And if you want the post GP match close to Bydgoszcz, not in ZG, keep your fingers crossed for Torun today :rolleyes:

As much as i'd luv 2 see my Polish team Bydgoszcz get through i think its unlikely but i will be watching online in a few hours cheering them on!!

My 2nd wish however is for Torun to get through so i can visit their lovely new stadium the day after the GP but what's with their line up 2day?? They finished top of the league but look like they dont want to get to the final going with so many juniors?? No r/r for Jagus, no Chris Holder, what is going on??

Can only see a huge win for Czestochowa which means a lot of peoples plans for GP weekend will be up in smoke!!!