British Speedway Forum

Ill take u up on that offer :lol:

Anyway Charlie is doing a great job today, especially as she has to work with Nicholls :wink:

Honestly we're quite happy to take music requests before the events to add to individuals listening pleasure but......... we also DO have to play some of the cornier stuff to appeal to those kinda folks in the crowd too. Some of the stuff you might suggest might not tickle some peoples fancy but it might a lot too, you'll never please everyone mate in a 40,000+ crowd ;)

At Cov you can text us music requests during the meeting :)

Edited by Superbart

Tatum, Louis and Nicholls doing good job and topped off lovely with Charlie... I think Sky have stumbled upon the dream team.

Honestly we're quite happy to take music requests before the events to add to individuals listening pleasure but......... we also DO have to play some of the cornier stuff to appeal to those kinda folks in the crowd too. Some of the stuff you might suggest might not tickle some peoples fancy but it might a lot too, you'll never please everyone mate in a 40,000+ crowd ;)

At Cov you can text us music requests during the meeting :)

Yeah fair enough mate, will have to remember that if i go to Coventry!

Edited by Bart Simpson

Tatum, Louis and Nicholls doing good job and topped off lovely with Charlie... I think Sky have stumbled upon the dream team.

Not sure about Nicholls, but the others are doing a good job in very difficult circumstances.

I think the WHOLE Sky Team are doing a great job today :), just think its best to leave it to an ex rider like Louis to decide when is and ISN'T a good time to interview a rider and leave Charlie doing other bits, having said that if the person in her ear is encouraging her to interview someone then she can only do as she's told.

Nah Nicholls is so boooring he's sending me to sleep. Swap him for Sam or Floppy and I think you'll be right!!!! :approve:

Not sure about Nicholls, but the others are doing a good job in very difficult circumstances.

Personally, I think he talks well on TV.

Personally, I think he talks well on TV.

Mogadon TV might employ him but sky ought to kick him into touch!

Nah Nicholls is so boooring he's sending me to sleep. Swap him for Sam or Floppy and I think you'll be right!!!! :approve:

I'd go for that!

yes I agree

they have done superbly given that we haven't had any racing for a long time

As for Charlie Webster bothering riders there are two points to consider.

firstly she is probably being told to get interviews between races to fill in the gaps so it's her job. She made a point of not interupting a team meeting so i reckon she's getting it right. As for antonio, well he's been a pillock since he started riding, hence a two year gap to sort himself out, so grow up lad

secondly sky tv goes a long way to paying riders wages plus they get there sponsors on tv when interviewed. It is the riders job to be helpful when ever possible and get sponsors on the telly

I personally think that Charlie, Kelvin, Chris & Scotty did an excellent job in the SWC Final.

And also Sky TV for showing the competition (except one event) in HD, many thanks for that.

Brilliant job done :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Robbie B

I thought the whole team today were excellent.

I'm no fan of Nicholls (understatement time) but this was his first time of sitting in front of cameras for a long programme with not a lot going for considerable periods and he IMHO did a good job.

Slightly disappointed with Charlie tho for not asking where Nicholls was Monday and Thursday :wink: but maybe that was a condition of him sitting there - who knows.

Sack Pearson and keep this team together, no shouting, no screaming, just knowledge, information and the odd joke. Brilliant stuff under pressure of no action for hours on end :approve:

I got soooooo bored by thee who must not be named. Get rid - like someone said earlier same with both careers - over rated!

Id much rather have someone whos a bit more animated and non monotone - bring back Floppy

or Id prefer to see Sam Ermo in there - anyone but the great underachiever

Charlie was great and has really come on well as anchor.

Chris Louis is good especially with the inside knowledge he has

Careful, you can't make positive comments about the SKY presentation team!

Personally I have immensely enjoyed the entire SWC series, I haven't watched much speedway this year but the racing and all round presentation has IMHO been excellent.

Careful, you can't make positive comments about the SKY presentation team!

Personally I have immensely enjoyed the entire SWC series, I haven't watched much speedway this year but the racing and all round presentation has IMHO been excellent.

Yup, got to agree, SWC has provided some magic TV, with heat 20 at Peterborough being the stand out. I've watched it a few times now and it's another race that'll go down into the 'did you see' history books. Classic with passing and re-passing on each lap.

Apologies for the gratuitous positiveness... I expect a warning or ban any second now... :wink: