British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Swc - The Joker

Can I just ask what they do for a village idiot when you go on holiday???? ;)

Give you a call ? :lol:

Give you a call ? :lol:

But you know I could never compete with you. . . . . . . anyway, I get paid for being an idiot, what's your excuse???

. . . . . . anyway, I get paid for being an idiot, what's your excuse???

I would ask for a pay rise then ...because your sure making a good job of it :lol:

if you work out the scores as if crump stayed 2nd so the poles couldnt use the joker poland would still have won the world cup

But they could not have replaced Protasiewicz with Hampel.

The joker could make for an interesting meeting, BUT ONLY if ALL teams are allowed to use one, when they want. To penalise a team (whoever they be) for leading the competition is COMPLETLY unfair, and for me made a joke of the result on the 2009 SWC final. I'm sure Australia would never had lost if they could had used a joker.

the SWC was today won by Poland but they had use of a joker but Australia were penalised by being in front and riding to win. Crump tried to beat the Pole in heat 22 which shot themselves in the foot

Australia were the better team and should have won

get rid of jokers

polish home track as well so its a stupid rule

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jul 19 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both teams were daft today, Poland had couple of good chances to use joker earlier on when they went 6 points down twice, Crump should have known or been told no point beating kasprzak by 1 point as they could use joker.

That was a terrible tactical move by Crump to Pass Kasper, they had the Poles beat until that point.

Agree completley, Boyce as team manager should have made Crump aware of the consequences of beating the pole. Sorry the Aussies lost it with a lack of tactical awareness, letting the poles win it!!

Crump rode to win, that is the object of the sport

The thing is that I think both teams and riders were aware of the situation going into that heat, KK wanted to make a point and gated well but you could see he was slowing and kept looking round, you could also see that Jason was trying to play follow my leader at many points during the race!

However, I think when it came to the crunch, the racer in Jason took over him and he passed and was pleased with the win, no doubt got back to the pits and had it all pointed out to him "again" and at that point had the "DOH!" moment!

I want to know who was around when the racing order was drawn for Poland to get Yellow though so they had so many gate 1's at the end of the meeting! Was that really just the luck of the draw? :unsure:

But they could not have replaced Protasiewicz with Hampel.

good point

I want to know who was around when the racing order was drawn for Poland to get Yellow though so they had so many gate 1's at the end of the meeting! Was that really just the luck of the draw? :unsure:

Gate 1 hadn't been that much of an advantage before the rain came, I rather suspect that the track conditions made Gate 1 more of an advantage in the later stages, so "luck of the draw" (in combination with the changed conditions) would seem a good reason why things turned out the way it did.

Wins from gate positions, heats 1-19:

Gate 1: 5

Gate 2: 4

Gate 3: 4

Gate 4: 6

Wins from gate positions, heats 20-25:

Gate 1: 4

Gate 2: 0

Gate 3: 1

Gate 4: 1

I can remember the SWC qualifier at Owlerton in 2002. Team GB were ahead of the Aussies, they used a joker and subsequently won the meeting to get qualification straight through to the SWC final. Team GB then got eliminated in the race off. had the joker and the rain not curtailed the meeting at heat 20 team GB might have gone straight through to the final and the Aussies would not been World Team Champions that year.

No sympathy whatsoever - swings and roundabouts spring to mind. If the rules are consistently left alone you will benefit sometimes and lose out on other occasions. To be fair to the Aussies they don't seem to have made a big deal out of it anyway.

Edited by General Melchitt

If he had rode to win the world cup, he would have finished second!!! wether you agree with that or not, that was what was needed to WIN the world cup.

No I dont agree with coming 2nd, 3rd or last deliberately. it makes a farce of the sport and takes away exactly what each rider should try to do which is get ss many points as he can for his team

In what other sport are you rewarded for doing badly ? Only the team doing best today, the Aussies, could not use the joker. Stupid and cost them a win.

the idea of sport is to find who is the best. the best didn't get the title today as hampel took a joker and then a sub ride.

I can remember the SWC qualifier at Owlerton in 2002. Team GB were ahead of the Aussies, they used a joker and subsequently won the meeting to get qualification straight through to the SWC final. Team GB then got eliminated in the race off. had the joker and the rain not curtailed the meeting at heat 20 team GB might have gone straight through to the final and the Aussies would not been World Team Champions that year.

No sympathy whatsoever - swings and roundabouts spring to mind. If the rules are consistently left alone you will benefit sometimes and lose out on other occasions. To be fair to the Aussies they don't seem to have made a big deal out of it anyway.

your right the aussies haven't made a fuss as rules are rules.

the point of the thread is to say the rules are plain daft

The rules are unfair but only to the team that cant play their joker, and for that reason I would say that no team can play their Joker after heat 19, but are allowed to substitute 1 rider in 1 of the final 5 heats, but the points they score in that heat don't count double.

There, more confusion. :lol:

There, more confusion. :lol:

Why not keep it simple and let the team that can gain the most points win? B)

If the rules made sense it might even encourage more people to watch the sport!

Ok, but only if we can do away with the TR rule in British League Speedway (yeah i know this is FIM/BSI/SWC? rules). :approve: