British Speedway Forum
Anders

Scandal In Ostrow?

I was at Ostrow and it was quite frightening at times! At one stage there were 1000 fans outside the pitgate and they charged through, only to be contained by police dogs. The police threw some tear gas at them and they caught it and threw it back!:lol: Coins, eggs and bottles were thrown over the fence and at the vans. We were locked in the pits for 2 hours!!!

All 16 riders (Harris, King, Klindt, Risager, Nermark, Ljung, Jablonski among them) refused to ride an they have subsequently been fined 3000zl. The referee has been banned for three months and the clubs fined.

do you have a source article for this?

do you have a source article for this?

It says as much in this weeks 'Speedway Star'

[...]

Zadluzenia wobec zawodnikow zagranicznych sa niewielkich rozmiarow, natomiast wobec polskich sa wieksze.

1. Adrian Gomolski 64 000 PLN

2. Karol Zabik 115 000 PLN

3. Chris Harris 54 000 GBP

4. Daniel King 16 000 GBP

5. Mads Korneliusen 7 450 euro

6. Daniel Nermark 33 700 euro

7. Nicolai Klindt 20 800 euro

8. Robert Miskowiak 45 000 PLN

9. Patryk Pawlaszczyk 50 187

[...]

http://www.ostrowtv.pl/news/wiemy-ile-zarabiaja-w-kmo

That's how much riders have been paid so far. "Foreign riders liabilities are small, domestic riders liabilities are larger". PLN= GBPx5, PLN=EUROx4,25.

And it didn't take much time for riders to reply. Zabik admits that club paid him 115k PLN, but also reveals that club still owns him 180k PLN.

Edited by Champion

http://www.ostrowtv.pl/news/wiemy-ile-zarabiaja-w-kmo

That's how much riders have been paid so far. "Foreign riders liabilities are small, domestic riders liabilities are larger". PLN= GBPx5, PLN=EUROx4,25.

And it didn't take much time for riders to reply. Zabik admits that club paid him 115k PLN, but also reveals that club still owns him 180k PLN.

I`m surprised that no-one has responded to this post,lot of info disclosed by Ostrow(if true) Bomber has received £54,000 this season apparently-i know there are flights,mechanics etc to be paid for but for 10 odd matches in the 2nd tier of polish racing not bad if you can get it add in Sweden and Uk and the figure would be well over 100k

Yes I am surprised that there has not been much in the way of repys for this one and if you look at this carefully some of the Polish riders are paid very poorly compared with the foreigners, the poorest appears to be Miskowiak, one of their top scorers !

Yes I am surprised that there has not been much in the way of repys for this one and if you look at this carefully some of the Polish riders are paid very poorly compared with the foreigners, the poorest appears to be Miskowiak, one of their top scorers !

Possibly the same everywhere.I have heard of one Danish rider pretty miffed becaus a foreign rider of similar status earnt 5 times the amount he gets for 1 Danish Supeliga meeting

From what I can understand by looking at the Liga 1 standing (on Sportowefakty.pl), the double Walk Over still stands and both teams losing that meeting by a 0-40 score. Just as many others have written on this thread, it surely is strange that both riders and the referee can be at fault this time...

Possibly the same everywhere.I have heard of one Danish rider pretty miffed becaus a foreign rider of similar status earnt 5 times the amount he gets for 1 Danish Supeliga meeting

from what i heard, Swedish riders in general have quite high pay demands in Sweden while polish riders are said to have quite low demands.