British Speedway Forum
Undercover Elephant

Thoughts On Tai Woffenden Wearing An Aussie Shirt In The Pits

you are just jumping to conclusions rather than having all the facts!

Lupus, this is the BSF, are you surprised? :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Ageed again Tai could have been 'empoyed' by an Australian rider, but it doesn't look good and maybe should have been told this, Riders are getting media savvy regarding mentioning sponshorship during interviews, so they should be getting advice in other areas too, if in the future if Tai has a mare of a WTC meeting against Australia, fans will as some have said 'jump to conclusions', Like said, Rob Lyon is keen on team building, from a media point of view it looked odd as it was only 2 days previously where Tai was 'Representing' team GB. Was Rob Lyon aware? Was there any other team GB rider helping another team? Yes I assume Ashley Holloway was helping Emil Sayfutinov, but Ashley didn't represent team GB 2 days previously. After seeing the original Sky broadcast, my immediate thought was that it didn't look good.

Regards to all, Alan.

Lupus, this is the BSF, are you surprised? :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

You beat me to it, Rob. Why wait for the facts when you can make up a bulldust rumour to stir the possum?

He's got dual nationality, by the way, and if he wants to enhance his knowledge of his chosen sport in any way that he can surely he should be encouraged?

I was told he's got 'til he's 21 to decide one way or the other but I can't confirm that.

Is this new? Surely Ferjan has been in both the Slovenian and Hungarian SWC team :unsure:

Also Rune Holta represented Norway in the GP Series before deciding he wanted to be Polish. Although Norway haven't put forward a side to compete (if they have then I stand corrected!) internationally, GP's are still under the FIM.

I wouldn't blame him, if he does have until he's 21, to decide to ride for the Aussies. The likes of the person who started this bullcrap in the first place, are the ones who will ultimately drive him to do it. It does seem he is open to criticism for almost everything he does, or doesnt, do. I'm sure those who do it, will be very happy if he decides to chose the Aussies over GB. It will be something else to slate him for. Mugs.

Also Rune Holta represented Norway in the GP Series before deciding he wanted to be Polish. Although Norway haven't put forward a side to compete (if they have then I stand corrected!) internationally, GP's are still under the FIM.

But i think individual meetings are slightly different.You can be a representative or more correctly nominated by any nation.Look at Theo Pijper he is now nominated by France i think.Shane Colvin by Belgium i think in FIM meetings.Laguta was nominated by Latvia for their GP,which got up the Russian federations nose.......But to ride for a national team you have to actually hold the nationality of that team.So it might be that representation in individual meetings doesn't count.Which is why i didn't mention Holta on purpose.But i have no idea if there is a ruling in speedway.I think there might be one in football introduced though :unsure: but then in football they only have team,not individual events

The guest rule exists between countries too then :P

Few years ago....Germanys Marvyn Cox anyone.....

Also I believe Andeas Jonsson could've ridden for Poland, so their team could have a Swede,and a Norewgian in it!

Regards to all, Alan.

Isn't that because AJ had to get a Polish license? :unsure:

What about Andy Smith?

You beat me to it, Rob. Why wait for the facts when you can make up a bulldust rumour to stir the possum?

He's got dual nationality, by the way, and if he wants to enhance his knowledge of his chosen sport in any way that he can surely he should be encouraged?

I was told he's got 'til he's 21 to decide one way or the other but I can't confirm that.

BFD, I think Tai has said in a couple of interviews that as both of his parents are British, he's already made his choice, and it's to ride for Britain. But at the same time, he has a lot of Australian friends.

I don't see what the fuss is all about him wearing an Aussie T-Shirt - I've got a Polish hat somewhere. :wink:

Incidentally, have you still got back in time for Belle Vue tonight? And have a good journey back to Aussie mate.

All the best

Rob

My driving License says that i,m British. It deffo says GB on it but i,m english so does that mean i can only wear a British shirt and not an english one whilst driving my car :blink:

Yes But none of us on here, talking fans BTW, 'Represent' GB, then wear an opponents shirt just 2 days later, we were lead to believe that those riders that just missed out were gutted, distraught call it what you will. If Australia just missed out would any Australian wear a GB shirt? Remember Paul Ince when playing for West Ham Utd, went and had a picture taken with a Manchester United shirt on because that's who he wanted to play for. West Ham fans if I remember wern't pleased, neither were the West Ham management, I wonder what one of the many media publicists would have said to Tai, if you play the media game re sponsorship etc, you play the media game and have to be aware that things get seen and reported.

Regards to all, Alan.

Yes But none of us on here, talking fans BTW, 'Represent' GB, then wear an opponents shirt just 2 days later, we were lead to believe that those riders that just missed out were gutted, distraught call it what you will. If Australia just missed out would any Australian wear a GB shirt? Remember Paul Ince when playing for West Ham Utd, went and had a picture taken with a Manchester United shirt on because that's who he wanted to play for. West Ham fans if I remember wern't pleased, neither were the West Ham management, I wonder what one of the many media publicists would have said to Tai, if you play the media game re sponsorship etc, you play the media game and have to be aware that things get seen and reported.

Regards to all, Alan.

For goodness sake, get a life. :rolleyes:

What harm was Tai possibly doing? :blink:

All the best

Rob

My driving License says that i,m British. It deffo says GB on it but i,m english so does that mean i can only wear a British shirt and not an english one whilst driving my car :blink:

Not another "im not British" idiot :(

You are British get over it - if your English Scottish or Welsh - you are British.

For goodness sake, get a life. :rolleyes:

What harm was Tai possibly doing? :blink:

All the best

Rob

None, just showing his true colours for after he has ridden the GB gravy train. Fair play to the kid, exploiting the system. I'm sure we would all do the same, wouldn't we?