British Speedway Forum

Too right! The entrance for my 15 year old is the same as it is for me....

Think you'll find its £15 for students

Think you'll find its £15 for students

15 year olds don't have NUS cards, so they'll pay adult price.

I Asked Antonio LIndbäck at his websites guestbook if he knew whether he or Protasiewicz would be riding in

Coventry next week but Anton hadn't heard anything about it yet.

1 Chris Holder (Australia)

2 Jarek Hampel (Poland)

3 Kauko Nieminen (Finland)

4 Chris Harris (GB)

5 Lukas Dryml (Czech Rep)

6 Jonas Davidsson (Sweden)

7 Piotr Protasiewicz (Poland)

8 Grzegorz Walasek (Poland)

9 Kenneth Bjerre (Denmark)

10 Magnus Zetterstrom (Sweden)

11 Jurica Pavlic (Croatia)

12 Martin Smolinski (Germany)

13 Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden)

14 Davey Watt (Australia)

15 Adrian Miedzinski (Poland)

16 Maksims Bogdanovs (Latvia)

17 Antonio Lindback (Sweden)

18 Tobias Kroner (Germany)

The Format

16 riders, 20 heats, five rides for each competitor with 3-2-1-0 scoring

Top three riders gain places in 2010 Grand Prix series.

Reserves/stand-by riders for 2010 GP determined by finishing order below 3rd place.

Run-offs will be staged if required for any of the top four places.

For the sake of the series, I really hope Hampel, Holder and Lindgren are the top three in this. Lindgren I think will miss out on the top 8 due to Nicky and Holta likely to score better in the last two, especially Poland.

With Holder and Hampel qualifying, that would give you 11 starters for next season and then give the Wild Cards to Hans Andersen, Tai Woffinden, Darcy Ward and if he wishes to stay in, Leigh Adams, if not then Lindback or Zagar.

Woffinden is by far the best English prospect around today and we have seen Nicholls, Harris and Richardson fail too many times to see them do it all over again while Darcy Ward may be a bit young at 17 in 2010 .... but werent they saying that about a certain 19 year-old Russian this time last year !

Edited by T.N.T.

I Asked Antonio LIndbäck at his websites guestbook if he knew whether he or Protasiewicz would be riding in

Coventry next week but Anton hadn't heard anything about it yet.

Not looking good for Antonio's chances as PePe returned to the track today and delivered a sensational maximum as Falubaz ripped apart Bydgoszcz.

Antonio looked far from a GP candidate with his performance in the match.

i think people are forgetting thats its classed as a GP just not at a top top venue like cardiff, if it was at cardiff nobody would be saying its to expensive

How can you call it gp class when half the riders are nowhere near gp class.Its not just the venue its the quality of rider.25 quid is way over the top.

Too right! The entrance for my 15 year old is the same as it is for me.....do these people assume he is now working? £55 inc the £5 programme plus petrol plus food and a beer......er there's a credit crunch on folks.

Speedway claims to be a family sport....2 adults and 2 teenage kids...you work it out!!

I'll stay at home with the countless others who also can't afford it.

Thanks

Just tell them your kids are 14,its ridiculous to expect parents of 15 year olds to pay adult price.In my opinion their should be a tiered structure to pricing,under11,11-18,18-25,then adult.

1 Chris Holder (Australia)

2 Jarek Hampel (Poland)

3 Kauko Nieminen (Finland)

4 Chris Harris (GB)

5 Lukas Dryml (Czech Rep)

6 Jonas Davidsson (Sweden)

7 Piotr Protasiewicz (Poland)

8 Grzegorz Walasek (Poland)

9 Kenneth Bjerre (Denmark)

10 Magnus Zetterstrom (Sweden)

11 Jurica Pavlic (Croatia)

12 Martin Smolinski (Germany)

13 Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden)

14 Davey Watt (Australia)

15 Adrian Miedzinski (Poland)

16 Maksims Bogdanovs (Latvia)

17 Antonio Lindback (Sweden)

18 Tobias Kroner (Germany)

The Format

16 riders, 20 heats, five rides for each competitor with 3-2-1-0 scoring

Top three riders gain places in 2010 Grand Prix series.

Reserves/stand-by riders for 2010 GP determined by finishing order below 3rd place.

Run-offs will be staged if required for any of the top four places.

For the sake of the series, I really hope Hampel, Holder and Lindgren are the top three in this. Lindgren I think will miss out on the top 8 due to Nicky and Holta likely to score better in the last two, especially Poland.

With Holder and Hampel qualifying, that would give you 11 starters for next season and then give the Wild Cards to Hans Andersen, Tai Woffinden, Darcy Ward and if he wishes to stay in, Leigh Adams, if not then Lindback or Zagar.

Woffinden is by far the best English prospect around today and we have seen Nicholls, Harris and Richardson fail too many times to see them do it all over again while Darcy Ward may be a bit young at 17 in 2010 .... but werent they saying that about a certain 19 year-old Russian this time last year !

I heard/read somewhere that Holta is considering to drop out of the Gps. And I do think that Freddie Lindgren can manage a top 8 since Hans A who is currently 9th doesn't

seem to be going nowhere in the GPs and Freddie have a 12p margin on him.

Just tell them your kids are 14,its ridiculous to expect parents of 15 year olds to pay adult price.In my opinion their should be a tiered structure to pricing,under11,11-18,18-25,then adult.

My 15 year old is taller than me! No way can he pass for a 14 year old. And you're right, a tiered system should be put in place. It is ridiculous that 15 year olds have to pay full price. They're still schoolkids for god's sake!!!

I find this decision absolutely disgusting and it penalises parents with speedway loving teenagers. In the absence of anyone else to complain officially to I emailed Coventry Speedway to express my anger and got a reply that stated it wasn't their decision and that it's a shared event, with the BSPA staging it on behalf of the FIM. The press officer also said that as it's a shared event, it's in the BSPA's interests to price it as appropriately as they can. Well, if that's the case they've failed by a country mile.

I know I won't be going now. And reading various other posts on here it seems I'm not alone. Both me and my lad were very much looking forward to it but £50 to get in, £10 for two programmes, plus food and petrol and I'm looking at around £75 for the two of us to attend. That is way out of order and the organisers will no doubt suffer the consequences as the people who have spoken to me about the meeting here in Leicester have said they're not going because they don't want to be ripped off with what amounts to blatant rackateering.

I hope Bomber gets through without the vocal support he could have had.

I know I won't be going now. And reading various other posts on here it seems I'm not alone. Both me and my lad were very much looking forward to it but £50 to get in, £10 for two programmes, plus food and petrol and I'm looking at around £75 for the two of us to attend.

Same here. Way too much to cough up in these times.

I'd be going anyway, but as I'm now a full time student again :shock: I'll be taking advantage of my concession - more money for cider me thinks :wink:

I'd be going anyway, but as I'm now a full time student again :shock: I'll be taking advantage of my concession - more money for cider me thinks :wink:

The lengths some people will go to to increase their boozing kitty amazes me sometimes!!!!! :lol:

The lengths some people will go to to increase their boozing kitty amazes me sometimes!!!!! :lol:

Well you know me - not that I really need to consume any more than I already do :blink: But you don't need to comment on that thanks :lol: