British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolfy

Anglian Pairs, Ipswich, 13/08

Noticed on the Ipswich fixture list that next Thursday there is an 'Anglian Pairs' event, anyone know what this is and who is riding?

Thanks

Wolfy!!!!

On the Ipswich website it says:

There is a break in home league action next Thursday. August 13th. Instead a Best Pairs tournament has been arranged to include a mixture of Elite and Premier League riders. Carl Wilkinson, David Howe and Jerran Hart were originally included in the line-up but Scunthorpe are now riding in a PL Knockout Cup meeting on the same night.

There will be six pairs and the meeting will be held over fifteen heats.

1. Chris Schramm, Kozza Smith

2. Danny King, Jason King

3. Tomas Topinka, Jan Graversen

4. Tobi Kroner, Dawid Stachyra

5. Troy Batchelor, Joe Haines

6. Stuart Robson, tbc

1. Chris Schramm, Kozza Smith

I hope they stay outta trouble if they are taking part :blink:

I hope they stay outta trouble if they are taking part :blink:

Since when has the name 'Kozza Smith' and 'stay out of trouble' ever gone in the same sentence?

We should see some good racing and not the gate and go stuff that has become so common around Foxhall (Scotty being the exception as he uses his head and throttle when riding the track and can come from fourth to first as he did a couple of weeks back) and I hope speedway fans turn out and give good support as Ippo are at least trying to fill the gaps in what has been a famine for speedway recently and it will be nice to see some thing different. Kids are free I believe and if it is a nice evening what better place to spend it. Last years 4TT when Darcy rode for Poole was a great meeting just a pity that people did not turn out in great numbers. These guys want to entertain and the least people/true speedway fans can do is turn up and watch them.

Was just thinking the same, god forbid all four of them should get injured.
Why are they likely to get injured????

Not sure Kozza will still be included in this, as it is suspected he may have broken his ankle this evening.

Confirmed line up for the Anglian Pairs.

1. Chris Schramm, Shane Parker

6. Stuart Robson, Tom P Madsen

Reserve: Ollie Rayson

Children under 16 go free to this meeting!

Parade at 7.30pm, tapes up at 7.45pm.

Confirmed line up for the Anglian Pairs.

1. Chris Schramm, Shane Parker

6. Stuart Robson, Tom P Madsen

Reserve: Ollie Rayson

Children under 16 go free to this meeting!

Parade at 7.30pm, tapes up at 7.45pm.

Should be a good meeting, I just hope that true speedway fans turn up and that the fickle 'team ' supporters make the effort. It's sometimes forgotten but these riders do also want to entertain the public so they deserve a liitle from the fans in return. As far as the pairs are concerned I would have to say that Tobi and Dawid are probably the strongest.

I am really looking forward to this...anything with Shane Parker and Tomas Topinka and I am there!

Well i'll be giving this one a miss as for full £15 price its not all that appealing. Its not so much the calibre of rider on show, but i've never been a fan of the pairs format. Much better to have just had a star of Anglia individual meeting and every man for himself.

Well i'll be giving this one a miss as for full £15 price its not all that appealing. Its not so much the calibre of rider on show, but i've never been a fan of the pairs format. Much better to have just had a star of Anglia individual meeting and every man for himself.

Don't knock it, Cardinal Sin! At least you have racing to go to. Here at Swindon it's no meeting again- we've only had one in the past 5 weeks! Good job it isn't the school holidays with the prospect of a decent crowd! Full marks to the Ipswich promotion putting on a decent line-up, I say.

I have to agree with CS, full price admission for this meeting is not worth it. If it was a tenner, I would have considered but at normal prices, no thankyou. And I don't mean that as a disrespect to the riders in this meeting as I'm sure they'll do a good job of putting on a show for the fans.