British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

British U15 Championship At King's Lynn

It was reported in the Buxton programme that a round of the championship would be staged at King's Lynn on the 22nd August.

Could the organisers of the competition please confirm that is right, and what time the meeting is scheduled to start. The reason I ask is because the King's Lynn Barracudas are advertised as racing againts Bournemouth on that particular date.

Thank You

Mike

I am riding at Kings Lynn in this on 22nd august and was told by rhys naylor that the national league meeting is in the afternoon sometime and the under 15's will be after the meeting

steven :wink:

I am riding at Kings Lynn in this on 22nd august and was told by rhys naylor that the national league meeting is in the afternoon sometime and the under 15's will be after the meeting

steven :wink:

Thanks Steven.

I must admit that a National League fixture on a Saturday afternoon is quite unusual.

All the Best

Mike

I have been told this is wrong it is supposed to start at 3pm now or something, im ot quite sure lol

Sorry for confusion

Steven

I have been told this is wrong it is supposed to start at 3pm now or something, im ot quite sure lol

Sorry for confusion

Steven

I understand an official press release will follow very shortly.

(Or I will post once I know ............)

I understand an official press release will follow very shortly.

(Or I will post once I know ............)

Cheers Neil, will we have the pleasure of your company this evening?

I understand that the Under-15 round will start at 3pm on Saturday 22nd August followed by Kings Lynn "Art and Stitch" Barracudas v Bournemouth Buccaneers.

Full details to follow

So now we are a matter of days away from this supposed British U15 meeting at King's Lynn, and still no official announcement has been made about it.

Is it any wonder that the public don't come along and support some of these events, it's not always their fault?

Come on people, is the meeting on or not????

Shows on the BSPA now, so I presume so...

22/08/09 1930 King's Lynn v Bournemouth (NL)

22/08/09 1500 British U15 Championship, King's Lynn

[/quote

E-mail from graham reeve:-

As its only just a week later that we have Round 6 at Kings Lynn I need conformation of your attendance there as soon as possible. As normal for a Satuday meeting it will start at 3pm as there is a NL Meeting later in the evening

I'll hopefully be going.. Any idea on admission cost for this one? I'll be going anyway for the later meeting so not sure how they're planning on doing it... I guess everyone gets booted out after this one.

Thanks Rhidassa.

This Saturday sees King's Lynn host the next round of the highly successful British U15 Championship.

So far, each round has been raced out in front of very healthy crowd levels, and having witnessed the recent round at Buxton, I can see why.

These lads show a class and maturity way beyond their years, and GB team manager Rob Lyon, must be extremely optimistic of a good long term future for the sport in this country.

Broken down into two classes (250cc & 500cc), the meeting provides a minimum of 19-heats of scintillating action.

The 250cc line-up usually comprises of Daniel Sibson, Jack Cornes, Brandon Freemantle (outstanding talent), Steven Archer, Nathan Stoneman, Reece Downes (Oh so entertaining), Adam Portwood, Jack Jones and Tyler Govier.

The 500cc and slightly more experienced riders come from the likes of: - Jack Butler (former Boston mascot); Kyle Howarth (already a Scunthorpe Saint), Darryl Ritchings, Ashley Morris (another Saint), Josh Dingle, Adam Portwood (races both 250cc and 500cc), Daniel I'Anson, Adam Kirby, Tom Stokes and Cameron Hoskins.

Strange order in which to list these two meetings though isn't it!!! :shock::rolleyes:

Strange order in which to list these two meetings though isn't it!!! :shock::rolleyes:

Sure is, I hope the British U15 meeting has the correct date by it, and not the next day!!

Sure is, I hope the British U15 meeting has the correct date by it, and not the next day!!

So do I..

Am missing Buzz ride for Weymouth at Mildenhall on Sunday as it is as it clashes with the 'V' Festival (it's a load of beat-combos playing music, MM!! :wink: ) - would be peeved if that ALSO clashed with the KL Round of the U-15s!! :neutral: