British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

SRA U.S. National Championship - 10/11/03

Scott Brant won the SRA U.S. National Championship Saturday night at Costa Mesa. We have two National Championships in the U.S. The Costa Mesa promotion chooses not to affiliate itself with the AMA. Below are the results from the National Championship Final. Here is the link to the full report: http://www.speedwaybikes.com/res03_w/cm031011.htm

U.S. National Championship Final

10 - Scott Brant

2 - Josh Larsen

3 - Gary Hicks

130 - Chris Manchester

94 - John Cook

I talk to Josh and see him all of the time. We grew up racing Juniors together. Josh always speaks fondly of his days at Arena and the support that he received there from the Russells and the fans. I did forward your messages to him. He is aware that Arena could be moving up to the Elite League, and as much as he did enjoy racing there, I don't think that he is considering a return to Britain at this time. If he were to return, I'm sure that Arena (in the Elite League) would be at the top of his list.

I don't think that he is considering a return to Britain at this time.

Well Done Mr Perrin :)

Shame that as in his one apperance at Newport I enjoyed watching Josh he reminded me almost of Craig Watson with his 2nd bend passes and the Watson vs Larsen race was very intresting :) Both wanted the wide line off the 2nd bend and dow he backstright, Josh got it but Wato managed to go a bit wider on the 4th bend and take the lead but if even Josh get an average tht allows him into the PL I'd love to see him at Newport.

Thanks for passing that on Ryan :D

We would be absolutely delighted to see Josh back at Arena, in the Premier or Elite League. I know some people that would start going to Arena again if we had Josh back. I suppose we will all have to keep our fingers crossed that Josh makes his way back to ride for us one day. Would love to see him go round Purfleet, now the track has been returned back to almost the same one as 10 years ago.

Thanks again Ryan, please wish Josh all the success in the world, as he really deserves it.