British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

2 Gp`s In A Weekend In Poland

With a third gp in Poland being suggested for the marvellous new stadium in Torun,would it be feasible to have 2 gp`s in one weekend in Poland.For example maybe Leszno on saturday night and Torun-some 120 miles away- on Sunday afternoon/evening.It might cause logistical problems for IMG/BSI. Could it work ? It would certainly be a feast of entertainment for travelling fans.

With a third gp in Poland being suggested for the marvellous new stadium in Torun,would it be feasible to have 2 gp`s in one weekend in Poland.For example maybe Leszno on saturday night and Torun-some 120 miles away- on Sunday afternoon/evening.It might cause logistical problems for IMG/BSI. Could it work ? It would certainly be a feast of entertainment for travelling fans.

Torun is only about 40km from Bydgoszcz

Torun is only about 40km from Bydgoszcz

Torun might take over from Leszno when the contract expires

Leszno and Bydgoszcz agreements with BSI are still valid for next year. But it's likely the extra GP in Poland is going to be held at Torun :)

But I can't really see both GPs (in Bydg and Torun) at the same weekend. Fans would love it but rides.. - I'm not so sure :rolleyes:

Torun might take over from Leszno when the contract expires

i dont think so since BSI/IMG want to extend the number of GPs and the Polish GPs are very successful money wise.

Oo i think that BSI want a 3rd profitable GP in Poland.

Leszno and Bydgoszcz agreements with BSI are still valid for next year. But it's likely the extra GP in Poland is going to be held at Torun :)

But I can't really see both GPs (in Bydg and Torun) at the same weekend. Fans would love it but rides.. - I'm not so sure :rolleyes:

Well provided they didn't have to ride the day before (Fri) and the day after (Mon) anywhere, it shouldn't be too hectic for them.

With a short distance between the two tracks for riders, and for TV crews, it could, and should be very pheasable.

Well provided they didn't have to ride the day before (Fri) and the day after (Mon) anywhere, it shouldn't be too hectic for them.

With a short distance between the two tracks for riders, and for TV crews, it could, and should be very pheasable.

But a rider wouldn't get a chance to recover from an injury incured in the first GP,unlike the 2 weeks or more break they have normally.Riders and fans and of course tv want to see all the top riders present.And even if they are not injured in the GP often a rider will make a comeback from injury at a GP.But two on the trot would be hard to do.Plus the tv companies like Sky would find it hard to build up 2 GPs on one weekend like they can do with one GP.........newspapers and magazines the same. :unsure: