British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

06/09/09 Belgian Golden Helmet

For the first time in years the Belgian Speedway Fan Club will run a "Golden Helmet" meeting. The lineup shows alot of young unknown guns and it looks like it will be a great meeting. Three riders from Great Britain will race in this meeting; Lee Greary, Josh Pickering and Sam Woods! :).

1. Lee Geary, GB

2. Marcel Sebastian, GER

3. Maurin Vochteloo, NL

4. Attila Lörincz, HUN

5. Wim Kennis, BEL

6. Eddie Turksema, NL

7. Josh Pickering, GB

8. Alessandro Novello, ITA

9. Jesper Veldhuizen, NL :wink:

10. Benjamin Borgers, NL

11. Jeroen van der Veen, NL

12. Achim Busker, GER

13. Henkie Koonstra, NL

14. Arne Ledwig, GER

15. Mattia Cavicchioli, ITA

16. Lars Zandvliet, NL

17. Sam Woods, GB

18. Bernd Dinklage, GER

19. Lars Daniel Gunnestad, NOR

20. Hylke Dykema, NL

Reserves

21. ?

22. Bart Uil, NL

23. Sjors de Jonge, NL

24. Bert Berckmans, BEL

Three riders from Great Britain will race in this meeting; Lee Greary, Josh Pickering and Sam Woods! :).

Who? Are they grasstrackers?

Don't they hold this Golden helmet meeting every year??????Or am i thinking of something else :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Don't they hold this Golden helmet meeting every year??????Or am i thinking of something else :unsure:

I think it's this one http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...NpWbkIQMAawvXEw

I saw this last year on Sat Tv channel CT4 Sport, I think there are about 40 heats with between 4 and 6 riders in each race. It's worth watching if you get the chance.

I think it's this one http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...NpWbkIQMAawvXEw

I saw this last year on Sat Tv channel CT4 Sport, I think there are about 40 heats with between 4 and 6 riders in each race. It's worth watching if you get the chance.

No i am definitely not confusing the Heusden Zolder Golden helmet meeting with the famous Zlata Prilba in Pardubice :wink:

While the "BGH" was an annual event, I dont think it has been run for a few years, Doug

Results of the CZECH Golden Helmet / Zlata Prilba, from 1999 to 2008 can be found here :

http://speedway.vmnet.cz/?new_lang=en

Format is 36 riders, 32 races, 6 riders in a race

While the "BGH" was an annual event, I dont think it has been run for a few years, Doug

Ok Jeffster,thanks.Time seems to fly by at the moment.I thought i remember KevH wanted to go to this meeting just a year or so ago......... :cry:

The last Golden Helmet Metting was in 2005, won by Sebastian Alden from Sweden. A new club restarted Belgian Speedway in 2007 with a couple club meetings. This is the first Golden Helmet edition after 2005 :).

The last Golden Helmet Metting was in 2005, won by Sebastian Alden from Sweden. A new club restarted Belgian Speedway in 2007 with a couple club meetings. This is the first Golden Helmet edition after 2005 :).

:o

Eek!4 years of my life flashed past in what seems like a year :cry::wink:

Results of the CZECH Golden Helmet / Zlata Prilba, from 1999 to 2008 can be found here :

http://speedway.vmnet.cz/?new_lang=en

Format is 36 riders, 32 races, 6 riders in a race

I'd love to see 6 riders try to get round this place, if more than 2 hit the 1st bend together, they dont come out of it. Unless of course they've widened the track since my last visit. Taking the wife and a couple of friends over this weekend. At least it should be a close meeting, cant see any obvious stars in the line-up who will walk away with the "coveted title".

Edited by spanner47

Not thinking of the Dutch Golden Helmet, Doug, are you?

(Last held at Veenoord last september)

Not thinking of the Dutch Golden Helmet, Doug, are you?

(Last held at Veenoord last september)

Thanks Brian.That is probably it........old age creeping on :neutral::wink:

Couple modifications in the lineup; Randy Oldenziel (NL) is replacing Lars Zandvliet (NL) and Jan Meijering (NL) takes the #21 spot.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack