British Speedway Forum

An old favourite of ours.

Anyone know if and when the meeting is this year?

It will be happening, date as yet unknown.

Mores the pity, rubbish meeting, outdated, pointless should have been scraped years back, a proper individual would be much more appealing!!!

October 22nd and a decent lineup this year too:

Lineup now confirmed:

1. Rory Schlein (Coventry)

2. Olly Allen (Coventry)

3. Scott Nicholls (Ipswich)

4. Danny King (Ipswich)

5. Robert Miskowiak (Ipswich)

6. Dawid Stachyra (Ipswich)

7. Troy Batchelor (Ipswich)

8. Carl Wilkinson (Ipswich)

9. Adam Shields (Lakeside)

10. Chris Schramm (Kings Lynn)

11. Linus Sundstrom (Rye House)

12. Stuart Robson (Lakeside)

Edited by Badge

Mores the pity, rubbish meeting, outdated, pointless should have been scraped years back, a proper individual would be much more appealing!!!

maybe so ... but its a annual meeting to close the season .. hats off to ippo for not going with the annual invidual finisher and sticking with summink diffrent !!

haven't been to this since 95 so am putting it on the calender for this year ... bout time i revisited Foxhall i think !!

maybe so ... but its a annual meeting to close the season .. hats off to ippo for not going with the annual invidual finisher and sticking with summink diffrent !!

haven't been to this since 95 so am putting it on the calender for this year ... bout time i revisited Foxhall i think !!

And very welcome to Foxhall you will be too Sean, it is an excellent line up this year, so should be a spectacle.

This is on my Birthday.. just a shame I'll be away so I can't go. :(

The 16 lapper is great! 8 riders hurtling towards the first tight bend at Foxhall is a sight i never tire of. Normal qualifying heats (12) followed by the 6 lap consolation final followed by the 16 lap final is and always has been imo a great way to finish the season. I'd be disappointed to see an Ipswich fixture list without it.

So apparently after being told for weeks that Bomber was riding in this event, it seems that he never was. Such a shame as Harris is one of only a few riders that can make a pass on the track.

Line up now updated to include Stuart Robson

The 16 lapper is great! 8 riders hurtling towards the first tight bend at Foxhall is a sight i never tire of. Normal qualifying heats (12) followed by the 6 lap consolation final followed by the 16 lap final is and always has been imo a great way to finish the season. I'd be disappointed to see an Ipswich fixture list without it.

Couldn't agree more CS. It's something a bit different and a great way to end the season (plus a decent line-up to boot). It just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have the 16 lapper to end the season.

any idea of admissions prices ? do they usually change for this or the same as normal elite prices ??

Worries me to see Adam and Robbo lining up in this the day before the Cup Final 2nd leg! Fingers crossed their are no injury or machine problems for anyone in this meeting.

any idea of admissions prices ? do they usually change for this or the same as normal elite prices ??

Pretty sure the prices are kept the same. £15 for adults, £3 kids.

I still need to pass a late fitness test, but I'm hopeful of being there tomorrow. Would be good to see you again Sean. We're still stood in the same area we've always been, but a bit nearer the bar entrance theses days!

Chris harris would have been a ideal rider for the 16 lapper at ipswich but i read in speedway star that a deal couldnt be done between chris"s manager Norrie Allen and chris louis when other top riders have agreed to appear.I cant think for one minute chris was asking for toooooo much money so does anyone know what Mr Allen was up to as chris would have been the type of rider i would pay to watch in the 16 lapper,NOT gate and go riders.Such a shame again that the fans dont see the best riders because of outside people causing problems.

Edited by speedy den boy