British Speedway Forum

Chris harris would have been a ideal rider for the 16 lapper at ipswich but i read in speedway star that a deal couldnt be done between chris"s manager Norrie Allen and chris louis when other top riders have agreed to appear.I cant think for one minute chris was asking for toooooo much money so does anyone know what Mr Allen was up to as chris would have been the type of rider i would pay to watch in the 16 lapper,NOT gate and go riders.Such a shame again that the fans dont see the best riders because of outside people causing problems.

What other top riders have agreed to ride ?

Pretty sure the prices are kept the same. £15 for adults, £3 kids.

I still need to pass a late fitness test, but I'm hopeful of being there tomorrow. Would be good to see you again Sean. We're still stood in the same area we've always been, but a bit nearer the bar entrance theses days!

Hahaha...sorry LW, had to have a chuckle at this post.

Nearer the bar entrance...old age catching up with ya hun??

Stand nearer so it takes less energy to get to that alcohol.. :lol:

Bless ya cotton socks, at least you're supporting the event.

Chris harris would have been a ideal rider for the 16 lapper at ipswich but i read in speedway star that a deal couldnt be done between chris"s manager Norrie Allen and chris louis when other top riders have agreed to appear.I cant think for one minute chris was asking for toooooo much money so does anyone know what Mr Allen was up to as chris would have been the type of rider i would pay to watch in the 16 lapper,NOT gate and go riders.Such a shame again that the fans dont see the best riders because of outside people causing problems.

He's guesting for Wolves at Redcar

Worries me to see Adam and Robbo lining up in this the day before the Cup Final 2nd leg! Fingers crossed their are no injury or machine problems for anyone in this meeting.

oh oh - I asked for rider ilness (not injury) so that Jimmy Fishback would be in the Wolves Olymique meeting and it worked!! :D:P (and sorry Tai - hope you feel better soon x)

So now, what can I think of for Adam and Robbo - swine flu is to easy, mumps would be too painful maybe a spot of d & v instead!!!!

Sorry CC - it doesnt matter who you have on Friday - I still think you may be going home with some silverware!! :(

And LW - hope you make the meeting and are on the mend. And Tomcat, its not that she's nearer the bar but more likely that the bar is nearer to the ladies loo's. Well, you know at LW's age, thes things matter!!!

Hehehehe - Im safe as we wont be seeing each other till next season now and as you age, you forget these things!!! :D:D

Edited by Sandie

Pretty sure the prices are kept the same. £15 for adults, £3 kids.

I still need to pass a late fitness test, but I'm hopeful of being there tomorrow. Would be good to see you again Sean. We're still stood in the same area we've always been, but a bit nearer the bar entrance theses days!

Does that mean that you'll be jogging around the stock car track before the meeting starts and doing a couple of quick short sprints !!! :lol::lol::lol::wink:

And LW - hope you make the meeting and are on the mend. And Tomcat, its not that she's nearer the bar but more likely that the bar is nearer to the ladies loo's. Well, you know at LW's age, thes things matter!!!

Hehehehe - Im safe as we wont be seeing each other till next season now and as you age, you forget these things!!! :D:D

Hahaha... I'm even Luckier...100's of miles away and across the sea too... :lol:

Does that mean that you'll be jogging around the stock car track before the meeting starts and doing a couple of quick short sprints !!!

Crikey... I can see it now.. LW in Lycra shorts and pinks trainers... :P

Only spoilt by the pint of whatever her tipple is in her hand... :lol:

Crikey... I can see it now.. LW in Lycra shorts and pinks trainers...

Only spoilt by the pint of whatever her tipple is in her hand...

What do you mean - only spoilt by a pint? It was spoilt the moment I read LW in lycra!!! :o

We are in big trouble here arent we TC??? :unsure:

Do you think she will read this or will we get away with it?? :wink:

So as not to get caught by the 'on topic' police - I would love to have been at this meeting (but avoiding LW obviously!) but unfortunately working and then collecting tons of bark! Oh what joys!!! :lol:

Enjoy your end of season one and all x

What do you mean - only spoilt by a pint? It was spoilt the moment I read LW in lycra!!! :o

We are in big trouble here arent we TC??? :unsure:

Do you think she will read this or will we get away with it?? :

So as not to get caught by the 'on topic' police - I would love to have been at this meeting (but avoiding LW obviously!) but unfortunately working and then collecting tons of bark! Oh what joys!!! Enjoy your end of season one and all x

Hey...it was/is on topic. We were discussing the sight of LW in Lycra, doing

sprints up and down the stockcar track at Ipswich, thats Pre meeting entertainment

for the 16 Lapper don't ya know... :wink:

And as for the actual meeting itself. Cant understand the moaning minnies.

Its a unique spectacle, which no other track can match. Lakeside tried, with

their 12 Lapper thingymabob, but Ipswich were the Pioneers of this format in

the UK and its great to have on the calender each season.

Paul Johnson brought the idea over from Aus and its been great to see.

Ok, some years the field has been weak, but then again, its a punishing

meeting for both man and machine. Even more so on machinery these

days, as they seem to blowup at the slightest hint of over use.

I'll be keeping an eye on things via the Updates site, so Good Luck to all of

the riders taking part and as JL will no doubt tell you all pre meeting, If you

get to the main final, take it easy, its a marathon, not a sprint.

Still have images of the carnage during the NL leage days, when they ran

this and one particular year the final had to be restarted several times, as

everyone wanted to be first into the first bend, ala normal speedway race.

JL had to have words and explain that it was over 16 laps, so go steady... :lol:

By the way Sandie, I'm having plastic surgery, joining the witness protection scheme

and going to live on an as yet unknown planet, somewhere in the Universe.

Ya reckon that'll save me from the wrath of LW.... :rolleyes:

You cheeky lot! You really shouldn't be making me laugh, it still hurts. Lol. Lycra indeed and as for jogging :blink: . All 3 of you will keep till next season! :wink:

Hoping for a dry evening and not too cold. Best line up for many a year, really looking forward to it.

well ... rain has held off i see ... ( after yesterday !! ) gonna be making my way soon ....

its blinking chilly round the preverbials now ... cant think what its gonna be lke when the final comes round !!!!! gotta wrap them kids up well !!

I heard on local BBC radio that Scott Nicholls has pulled out of tonights meeting due to a virus. Couldn't hear who is replacing him.