British Speedway Forum
czechhero

D-day For Birmingham

I too would urge as many people as possible to e-mail the planning commitee memebers, our future depends on it.

Sorry folk for a being very negative earlier in the thread, I certaintly hope we get the right decison. As has been mentioned the planning officers report is very selective and speedway has been a massive success in the city. I couldnt believe it when he recommended refusal on grounds of noise as Brian Buck has mentioned, the noise on the Aldridge road and Walsall road during rushhour is greater then the speedway.

Thanks to everyones kind words about the Brummies.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Just sent in my e-mail to all of them as well but we need everyone to be sending in e-mails to keep the Brummies open for seasons to come!

Edited by spin king junior

Keep it going fellow Speedway fans and once again Thank You.

Please note, If your e-mail is returned please try again on Mon, Tue, Weds of next week as their in Box may become full.Don't think that your e-mail is not important, it is.

Edited by Moorski

I shall only send an e-mail if Birmingham promise to sack Graham Dury and replace him with Mainman Rogers.

We can't have you sniffing around our (King's Lynn's) asses again next year can we :lol:

Be confident you Brummies. I'm very sure and confident you'll be with us for 2010.

My heartfelt thanks goes to you guys, the speedway supporters fraternity, without your support and kind words where would we be?

Can I ask all supporters to email these councillors its only a moment of your time but it could mean a lifetimes difference to Birmingham Speedway. And lets face it guys what would the PL be with no Brummies to take the piss out of, either our accents or our colours !!!! You need us ! lol

I cannot imagine going back into the wilderness years and never seeing the many friends I have made not only at the Barr but at other tracks too, Sheffield in particular, Spin King and Spin King Junior . Paulco and George, Lioness, Shadders, Dracman and Lofty to name but a few!

Thanks guys xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just sent mine off, lets hope that we can get the right result on Thursday.

Edited by spin king

Heres what Tony Mole has had to to say on the planning application. Taken from the Sunday Mercury.

BIRMINGHAM’S Speedway future is in the hands of the city council’s planning committee this Thursday.

And thousands of anxious fans are sweating on the outcome as the recommendation ahead of the meeting is for refusal on noise grounds.

That would mean the end of racing at Perry Barr after three hugely successful seasons – and it would probably kill the sport in the city for good.

Brummies owner Tony Mole said: “I must admit I was taken by surprise by the recommendation, but we must remember it’s all down to the vote of the committee.

“We have worked very hard to bring a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people and the return of Birmingham Speedway has been a success – no doubt about it.”

More than 500 letters of support have been received for the application – but there have been objections reported from a number of local residents and the adjacent university.

“I’m not breaking any confidentiality when I say there are plans to introduce new silencers next season,” said Mole. “That would reduce the noise element and that point has been made.

“We have worked tirelessly to be good neighbours and to comply with all planning regulations within the last three years. We’ve brought success to the city and it would be tragic for all those supporters to see it all come to an end. We remain hopeful of the right outcome.

“If it goes against us, then whether I decide to appeal or not it would mean we would not be racing at Birmingham next season – it really is that serious,” said Mole.

“We have an excellent stadium, superb track and great support. Everything is in place for a bright future subject to Thursday.”

Edited by Brummie Kev

its wrong that a bit of noise, once a week for 2 hours, can annoy a few people which in turn could ruin the BRummies.

hope you win

The planning officers summary of why we shouldn't have speedway at Perry Barr here:-http://brummiespeedway.net/info/uploads/5224b067-abe3-224b.pdf

Have emailed the first bloke on the list, what have people done, sent the same email to them all?

Edited by Trees

I've emailed them all too. I've just read through the planning officer's summary and I can't believe that a pitiful 16 people complaining about noise could be enough to stop the speedway. And what's this nonsense about the university's learning being disrupted? Who has lectures at 7pm?! :angry:

Good luck to Birmingham - it's one of the three UK tracks I've not yet managed to visit so I have my fingers tightly crossed that I will get the opportunity to do so in the future!