British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

New Ideas

We all have our thoughts on what is wrong with speedway and can be quite vociferous in venting them on this forum.

How about a thread that offers up all our ideas (hopefully with the emphasis on the positive...) on how to improve sppedway

It doesn't have to be a grand thought out plan, or necessarily restricted to league speedway just your ideas on any aspect of speedway... you never know the promoters that read this forum might just take on one of our ideas...

So I'll set the ball rolling.

For starters get away from using averages to build each new season's team. There is too much controversy, time and effort revolving around them. IMO we should just have a free for all but am also not averse to using a system similar to that in Poland (which I think is something along these lines).

Your reserves have to be under 21, thereby keeping the life blood of speedway going

Maximum number of GP riders is 2

Minimum number of local riders (i.e. UK) in your team 2 or 3.

I also feel that UK speedway teams should be allowed to construct a squad system, which they turn to in order to replace an injured rider. i.e. thereby getting rid of Guests and R/R and also getting away from the constant back biting about the eligibility of certain signings.

These changes would allow a bit of continuity for teams and importantly for riders it will allow them to potentially build up a number of local sponsors i.e. at the minute with riders dotting between tracks it can be awkward for riders to start from scratch in a new area and attract sponsors.

Anyway that's one for starters.

I'd be interested to hear others.

Iwould also not allow team to be built arond averages , but by grades (no not the complicated one used before) just 3 grades Heat leader, Second String and reserve

Each team could biuld to a Maximum of 3 heat leaders ,2 Second strings and 2 reserves

unless team changes were made, the team would be allowed regardless of league position to keep the same team for any number of seasons, this would be a great advantage to getting in sponsers with the promise of continuity in the team

It would also encourage promotions to bring in youngsters knowing if they do well they wont have to let them go next season

• Like 1

Iwould also not allow team to be built arond averages , but by grades (no not the complicated one used before) just 3 grades Heat leader, Second String and reserve

Each team could biuld to a Maximum of 3 heat leaders ,2 Second strings and 2 reserves

unless team changes were made, the team would be allowed regardless of league position to keep the same team for any number of seasons, this would be a great advantage to getting in sponsers with the promise of continuity in the team

It would also encourage promotions to bring in youngsters knowing if they do well they wont have to let them go next season

How would you decide who is a heat leader, Second string etc?

open to debate but as a starter over 7.00 heatleader btween 4.5 and 7.00 second string , below 4.5 reserve

I think this fact still keeps some of the arguments over averages.. i.e. one person's interpretation of heat leader is 7.00 others it may be 8.5... etc

How do you rate a foreign newcomer?

I think this fact still keeps some of the arguments over averages.. i.e. one person's interpretation of heat leader is 7.00 others it may be 8.5... etc

How do you rate a foreign newcomer?

as I said its open to debate foreign newcomers could be as they are now

as I said its open to debate foreign newcomers could be as they are now

True, my point being is to take away subjective issues.

No averages, would mean you can bring in any class of rider.

True, my point being is to take away subjective issues.

No averages, would mean you can bring in any class of rider.

Of course riders would have averages , but they would not be used for team building but getting a grading

Box standard sealed engines for league speedway. Individuals and internationals tune to as much as you can afford.

• Like 2

Of course riders would have averages , but they would not be used for team building but getting a grading

Apologies I don't think I explained my point well enough.

I'd want no averages so that you could bring in any class of rider.

Box standard sealed engines for league speedway. Individuals and internationals tune to as much as you can afford.

Not sure I understand this one completely.

How would this work?

How would it improve speedway?

I would imagine the fairest way to grade riders intially would be to use their GSAs from the previous season and take it from there.

Apologies I don't think I explained my point well enough.

I'd want no averages so that you could bring in any class of rider.

I think that would lead to Cheque book speedway if there was no regulation at all

Not sure I understand this one completely.

How would this work?

How would it improve speedway?

Personally I feel it would bring out ability rather than the one with the richest parents from the off. Those who's parents are on a lower income could compete on the same level. Above all it could bring down riders wages and make speedway cheaper, with no net loss to either promoter or rider. Plenty of other sports have standard out of the box classes with limited tuning rules, speedway has some but prefers to line the pockets of expensive aftermarket parts and expensive tuners.

Not sure it would improve the racing, would definitely slow them down I guess.

Edited by Deano