British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Elite league 2004

Interesting news from Eastbourne was that there will be at least two new clubs joining the elite league this winter from the premier.

Also the points limit will be thrown out, in favour of a grading system, (and something I have long advocated). Each club will have one grade A rider, Two Grade B, 2 Grade C and Two Grade D's.

This is not finalised as some promoters are saying there should be a few more grades to seperate 8.99 raders from 8.01 riders. This will help riders who are missing out on team berths due to having an average 0.01 over.

The Tenerife conference next month will discuss this in more detail.

Grading riders is pants!

This way one team could have 1 rider on 9.99 and another tem have a rider in the same grade on 9.00 thats 0.99 difference, thats difference multiplied by 7 is nearly 7 points. Poole (richest club) to win the leage and Ipswich(poorest) to get a wooden spoon then. Well done the BSPA!!

The points limit is one of the few things that works, why piss about with it?!

Grading riders is pants!

This way one team could have 1 rider on 9.99 and another tem have a rider in the same grade on 9.00 thats 0.99 difference, thats difference multiplied by 7 is nearly 7 points. Poole (richest club) to win the leage and Ipswich(poorest) to get a wooden spoon then. Well done the BSPA!!

The points limit is one of the few things that works, why piss about with it?!

Who says Poole are the richest club? They have a team of loanee,s and a rented stadium,to be considered rich a club needs assets.Matt Ford could walk away anytime and leave Poole speedway with nothing.

SCB

Yes I agree. Grades are just a very blunt version of the points system. With the points system you know 45.01 is over. So all riders who are at the top of the grade will be wanted but riders at the bottom will not. Say a grade starts at 6.00 a rider on 6.01 is not good business but a rider on 5.99 is most wanted. Is this not worse than what we have got.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

I'm fully with you SCB whoever happens to be the richest and poorest in whatever league.

To do something along those lines would make last years Bloody Loopy Cup running look efficient and fair.

It will also encourage riders to 'throw' races when the gradings are about to be re-allocated. I mean why struggle to be a grade A 9 point rider when you can be the pick of the crop of grade B on 8.99.

Height of stupidity in my opinion. They just seem to get worse

B.S.P.A up to there usual tricks....changing the only good thing in our sport..the points system for team building.

is it me or are they really trying there hardest to kill the sport ??

and nice to see there conference is in Teneriffe too!! jeese..!!

I'm fully with you SCB whoever happens to be the richest and poorest in whatever league.

To do something along those lines would make last years Bloody Loopy Cup running look efficient and fair.

It will also encourage riders to 'throw' races when the gradings are about to be re-allocated. I mean why struggle to be a grade A 9 point rider when you can be the pick of the crop of grade B on 8.99.

Height of stupidity in my opinion. They just seem to get worse

Yes Rory Schlein has got it right with an end of season average of 7.97. That dropped chain in heat four will have worked wonders preventing him from ending on 8.05.

Peter Carr got it totally wrong ending the season on 9.07. Had he failed to score in heat fifteen this would have dropped to 8.99.

And Kenneth Bjerre 15 point max vs Newport put him on 10.00 instead of 9.98(ish). How bloody fair!

And Kenneth Bjerre 15 point max vs Newport put him on 10.00 instead of 9.98(ish). How bloody fair!

ohhh calm down shawn !! :P:P

simple answer to the problem there would be lap overs ,if say a rider had 9.99 average the promoter could choose eather an "A class" rider or a "B class" at eather the begining of the season or when transfered to the team. The rider then stays at that grade for the season. if he gets better great. if the rider sudanly had a bad spell and his average drops though, you have a bad "a class" rider.

As we know the BSPA often fail to produce a set of rules and instead have an idea and make it up as they go along.

Can you really see this happening or working?

Why do people think this would be better than current averages?

Interesting news from Eastbourne was that there will be at least two new clubs joining the elite league this winter from the premier.

Also the points limit will be thrown out, in favour of a grading system, (and something I have long advocated). Each club will have one grade A rider, Two Grade B, 2 Grade C and Two Grade D's.

This is not finalised as some promoters are saying there should be a few more grades to seperate 8.99 raders from 8.01 riders. This will help riders who are missing out on team berths due to having an average 0.01 over.

The Tenerife conference next month will discuss this in more detail.

How is this going to work then Mr Something I have Long advocated?

Take Grade A riders for example.

Ten clubs next year yes?

So we need 10 grade A riders at least don't we?

They would go from Crump on 10.79 to Protasiewicz on 8.65

I can guess that you wouldn't be advocating going for Pepe.

There's not enough riders to supply the 8 El sides as it stands - how can they hope to introduce a grading system?

Utter madness.

THIS WILL FAIL DISMALLY

I have to agree that team building should not be based upon such wide bands but I think that what was said has been oversimplified. As I understand it this would not replace the points limit but will stop teams becoming too top heavy or unbalanced. It is in place of limiting the number of GP riders. We shall just have to see what happens when the promoters get back from their annual shindig. :lol::D

We shall just have to see what happens when the promoters get back from their annual shindig. :lol::D

They will be recovering from sunburn, sunstroke, hangovers and credit cards that will have gone through the roof when the little woman has been on the rampage.

What makes you think they will have been doing anything of note :?: They haven't in the past and I have absolute faith that the majority of them will once again do their utmost to bring British speedway to it's knees with their selfishness :x

We shall just have to see what happens when the promoters get back from their annual shindig. :lol::D

They will be recovering from sunburn, sunstroke, hangovers and credit cards that will have gone through the roof when the little woman has been on the rampage.

What makes you think they will have been doing anything of note :?: They haven't in the past and I have absolute faith that the majority of them will once again do their utmost to bring British speedway to it's knees with their selfishness :x

Yes I fear that you will be right but I live in hope. It's that place just along the coast from Eastbourne. :lol::D