British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Great Britain V Australia U25 Test Match

Hey, its not that far....we'll be there on the third bend, come join us!

94million miles....224 miles.....whats the real difference?! :P

:D

Once you're on that train you'll be there in no time :wink:

Only just heard about this one - should be a Ripper!!

I think Team Oz'll be too strong at reserve but I'd love to be there waving the flag - I'll just pop out and buy a lottery ticket.

Might even be tempted to visit my local track for this one, assuming there's not too many changes to line-up.

Nobody can resist this one can they!!! Should be a bumper crowd!! Let's hope the track is good though cos you don't see too many good passing meetings at Ipswich ............... pity they haven't altered the track yet .............

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the admission prices for this meeting ??? It's not that I'm tight, (careful what you say...I'm being genuine here !! :wink: ) but I was hoping that it would be kept at reasonable costs as opposed to some of the BSPA run meetings with £25 admission charges and silly prices for glossy souvenier magazine instead of programme. The more reasonable the admission prices, the bigger the crowd and therefore the better the atmosphere.

Apparently it is the normal price of a league meeting....

Adults £15, Concessions £12, Children (up to 16th birthday) £3 - Programme: £2

Thank you Sue and Jenkie. Common sense prevails I see. Reasonable admission and programme costs should see a bumper crowd. The line ups alone deserve a packed house and so does whoever is actually promoting this for making it value for money for loyal speedway fans. I do get annoyed when you get charged something like £25 entrance and £5 a glossy programme for things like the ELRC only to find half the riders missing or dropping out or a poorly run meeting.

I am really looking forward to this meeting now, so let's hope the W-E-A-T-H-E-R (shhh I am not saying it out loud!!) stays okay for it.

Will you be there with your gang of Twitches on the '39 steps' Sue ??? :lol::wink:

Thank you Sue and Jenkie. Common sense prevails I see. Reasonable admission and programme costs should see a bumper crowd. The line ups alone deserve a packed house and so does whoever is actually promoting this for making it value for money for loyal speedway fans. I do get annoyed when you get charged something like £25 entrance and £5 a glossy programme for things like the ELRC only to find half the riders missing or dropping out or a poorly run meeting.

I am really looking forward to this meeting now, so let's hope the W-E-A-T-H-E-R (shhh I am not saying it out loud!!) stays okay for it.

Will you be there with your gang of Twitches on the '39 steps' Sue ??? :lol::wink:

Certainly will be, wouldn't miss it for anything!

Have already told my lift that we need to leave earlier so that we can get our usual spot on the terraces....would be hell to pay from youngest if we didn't, he hates change.

Been offered a lift to this.. so if I can get away from work early may be able to stop by.. Though I dont hold my hopes high.

Been offered a lift to this.. so if I can get away from work early may be able to stop by.. Though I dont hold my hopes high.

You only get one crack at this life thing....live life to the max....MAKE IT HAPPEN !! :wink:

And more promotion for this event:

Further press release issued today:

Ipswich Speedway are pleased to offer a free programme to any fans that present a valid season ticket from any Elite, Premier or National League team for the upcoming Great Britain v Australia U25 Test Match being held at Foxhall Stadium on the 15th October start time 7.30pm.

This meeting looks like being the most competitive team meeting of the season in this country, and is an all too rare opportunity to see the mainstay of our National squad in action together. Rob Lyon has certainly made an impact in his first season as National Coach and in picking the Aussies for this test has picked the most exciting and possibly the toughest opposition possible.

Commenting on the offer John Louis said, “We are very excited and honoured to be staging a meeting of this calibre and the thought of two such young and determined sides going head to head with National pride at stake is a mouth-watering prospect. We have held admission prices and offered a programme to all regular Speedway fans to encourage as many people as possible to get behind Team Great Britain as they do battle with one of the strongest Nations in World Speedway.”

I pay more than a season ticket holder, whatabout if I bring all me tickets from Lynn this season will that get me a free programme???