British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Great Britain V Australia U25 Test Match

Behave Trees.... :lol:

Credit to the Ipswich promotion though, for putting the meeting on.

Cracking evening of racing ahead I reckon. Really bugged off that

I cant get over for this one at least.

Ah well, hopefully Re-Run will be filming it, so I will get to see it,

eventually.

Good Luck to Team GB, but I fear the Young Roo's will be just too

strong.

Can't wait to see the Bridger & Batchelor races! :D

Behave Trees.... :lol:

Credit to the Ipswich promotion though, for putting the meeting on.

Cracking evening of racing ahead I reckon. Really bugged off that

I cant get over for this one at least.Ah well, hopefully Re-Run will be filming it, so I will get to see it,

eventually.

Good Luck to Team GB, but I fear the Young Roo's will be just too

strong.

Me, too. A pity this isn't a weekend meeting - no chance of getting from Bournemouth to Ipswich after work in time for 7.30pm :(

Are the line-ups still as announced? :blink: No Sick Notes so far? :rolleyes:

And more promotion for this event:

Further press release issued today:

Ipswich Speedway are pleased to offer a free programme to any fans that present a valid season ticket from any Elite, Premier or National League team for the upcoming Great Britain v Australia U25 Test Match being held at Foxhall Stadium on the 15th October start time 7.30pm.

We have held admission prices and offered a programme to all regular Speedway fans to encourage as many people as possible to get behind Team Great Britain as they do battle with one of the strongest Nations in World Speedway.”

I will be doing my best to go to this meeting and will buy a programme however, it should be noted that my track do not have season tickets and I have been to more Speedway meetings this year than ever before? does that not count as a "regular Speedway fan"

Well done Ipswich for this great match! However, I do think all concerned have missed a trick by only just thinking up this, possibly one of the biggest meetings of season, as an afterthought "filler" at the end of the season..

Should have been on Sky!!

Any team news? See that Danny King had to pull out of last nights match after just 1 race.

Not heard any change in the lineups at 3.30 this afternoon, the gates will open at 6.30pm and a collection for Riders benevolent fund tonight too.

Glad it's not on Sky TBH, we want lots of fans to attend, and if on Sky any sensible fan would stay in, in the warm :wink:

Really looking forward to this meeting, hope to see lots of you there.

Editted to add, this taken from today's EADT:

King faces GB fitness battle

Last updated: 15/10/2009 15:34:00

IPSWICH'S Danny King is fighting to be fit for tonight's Test Match at Foxhall Stadium between GB U25s and Australia U25s.

The Witches skipper fell awkwardly on a shoulder at the weekend and had to pull out of last night's challenge meeting at Poole after just one race.

Edited by Badge

If Danny King is not riding I hope there is a suitable replacement lined up and the usual ‘shove everybody up the order and add a reserve’ mentality is not favoured as it could make it very one-sided indeed.

Ron

And Lewis Bridger failed to turn up, alledgedly broke down on route.

Not a bad meeting, and up until heat 13 it was a close run thing, but as expected the strong Aussie squad were just too good. Eddie Kennett and Ben Barker were the stars of GB at the start of the meeting, Tai really doesn't ride Foxhall all that well, but started strongly, however when the Aussies got into gear he struggled a tad. Chris Holder really wasn't at the races, and he clipped the fence in one race and unfortunately took out James Wright.

Schrammy obviously didn't score as well as Danny would have done, but gave us the best race of the night with Cory Gathercole, with Cory beating him to 2nd place, but no lack of effort from him, and it was so nice to have him back in the pits again.

Darcy hmmmmmm :unsure:

taken from speedway updates:

GREAT BRITAIN = 38

1. Edward Kennett - 3,1,1,3,3,1 = 12

2. Ben Barker - 2*,3,EF,0,0 = 5+1

3. R/R (For Lewis Bridger got 9 points tonight)

4. Chris Schramm - 1,0,0,1 = 2

5. Tai Woffinden - 3,2,3,3,0,0 = 11

6. James Wright - 3,2,1 WITHDRAWN = 6

7. Joe Haines - 1,0,0,1,0,0 = 2

AUSTRALIA = 52

1. Chris Holder - EX,3,EX,1* = 4+1

2. Darcy Ward - 1,1,1,2 = 5

3. Rory Schlein - 2,2,3,2,2* = 11+1

4. Cameron Woodward - 0,1*,2*,3 = 6+2

5. Troy Batchelor - 2,3,3,2,3 = 13

6. Ty Proctor - 2,2*,3,2* = 9+2

7. Corey Gathercole - 0,1*,1*,2* = 4+3

Edited by Badge

Well agin i thought the racing was rubbish apart from that one race. Once Barker blew his best engine it was good night from him as far as being competative was concerned. Tia started ok but then went backwards, and Darcy wasnt as good as i was hoping he was gonna be, but you can see he has alot of talent for someone so young.

OK first thoughts, disappointment, the sooner they change the track the better imo. Too many processional races full stop. Announcer was terrible, all he was concerned about was reminding everyone about the 16 lapper and a motocross meeting being held locally ............ hardly the thing for an International meeting! Good crowd but no bloody atmosphere whatsoever!!

I know I'm totally bias but had that meeting been at King's Lynn I don't think I'd have the same thoughts as tonight.

It was good practice to get the young teams together but perhaps wrong end of the season, do summat similar at the start of the season and NOT at Foxhall :)